User Tag List

First 12345 Last

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Hmm...Like how to find the perfect woman? Curious sure, but I don't think the answer is to be had here.
    Not the answers no, but there are clues.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    This is the reverse of his question, though. He asked if the n00bs act deferentially towards the longstanding, 5000+ post count members...not if the high post count-ers treat the n00bs badly.
    Question was aimed to both directions.

Enneagram
    1w2

This is the reverse of his question, though. He asked if the n00bs act deferentially towards the longstanding, 5000+ post count members...not if the high post count-ers treat the n00bs badly.
    Well let's see.

I think I've noticed certain newer members attaching themselves to older members, but definitely not most. Example: Edgar Jack Flak. Aimahn seemed to have been doing that for a bit. There are others I've noticed. I don't know if you would call it deferential though.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    How would you know if you don't ask the question?
    "...Solve a problem...First by observation, then by careful intervention...In other words...The Zero Effect"

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Not the answers no, but there are clues.
    You know, there are doubtlessly a few perfect women here, but they're either married, or hate me, or both. Conclusion? None.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Do others agree with this observation and what do you think about it?
    No. I think it's Stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Question was aimed to both directions.
    Oh, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Well let's see.

I think I've noticed certain newer members attaching themselves to older members, but definitely not most. Example: Edgar Jack Flak. Aimahn seemed to have been doing that for a bit. There are others I've noticed. I don't know if you would call it deferential though.
    Well I don't know about those guys, but I agree that it's less of a pattern in that direction than in the other (with older/higher post count members ignoring lower post count ones).
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ISTP

Submissiveness does not automatically imply deference to intelligence or subject material. It is more likely a behavioral thing associated to perceived position of the person, and the social ramifications of not deferring to long timers.

I don't believe that the heuristic or the behavior is faulty, either. Forums have plenty of "clan" behavior. The more entrenched posters use that kind of influence as a tool, like most social power is wielded, the opposite of newer/less active posters avoiding being at the other end of 'stick'.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    No. I think it's Stupid.

I tried to attach myself to bluemonday but her tongue is too sharp.

As is yours proteanmix, maybe it's just older women
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

If we all gave just as much weight and time paying attention to noobs as we do to the posters we already like and know, that would probably be an unwise use of time, but maybe not for everyone.

After a noob spends a little time here and forges an identity, that's when people will start to communicate more with said noob. That's how I think it should be.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Well I don't know about those guys, but I agree that it's less of a pattern in that direction than in the other (with older/higher post count members ignoring lower post count ones).
    Yeah protean dunno wtf she's talkin' about re: me and folks like Edgar. It doesn't matter to me how long a person's been on the board, and why should it? People possess the same quality whether they started day one or yesterday.