User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Certain people do seem to associate post count with some measure of worth. I must admit I often look harder for the wisdom in a post made by someone who's been around for a while. I guess I'm just a naive optimist who doesn't really consider that someone could make 6,000 posts of rubbish as credible. Well more like I refuse to think it probable.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Certain people do seem to associate post count with some measure of worth. I must admit I often look harder for the wisdom in a post made by someone who's been around for a while. I guess I'm just a naive optimist who doesn't really consider that someone could make 6,000 posts of rubbish as credible. Well more like I refuse to think it probable.
    I really do think posts/day is a good measure of why someone posts.

Mods post more often because they have threads to merge and comment on, etc.
    Some members have been here since its inception, and thus their several thousand post count isn't actually that much. Rate is volume over time.

As PtGatsby has mentioned before, an absurdly high post count in a relatively short time frame is something to wonder at regarding the motivation. If only because you can't participate in a healthy dialogue by dominating every conversation. It sometimes means people jump in and attention-grab without looking to develop an understanding or relationships.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I have a high post count per day ratio, despite having taken a couple of months off, so I'm being refered to there as well.

I'm not offended- I wasted a few hundred on the secrets thread and who knows how many on my blog... I keep my pollution fairly well contained!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Meh

Not for whatever

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I have a high post count per day ratio, despite having taken a couple of months off, so I'm being refered to there as well.

I'm not offended- I wasted a few hundred on the secrets thread and who knows how many on my blog... I keep my pollution fairly well contained!
    Well, being an Extrovert, you should theoretically be more interested in having an impact on the three dimensional world, whereas we Is are content to play with the world of words and pictures at our desks.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Well, being an Extrovert, you should theoretically be more interested in having an impact on the three dimensional world, whereas we Is are content to play with the world of words and pictures at our desks.
    I suck at being an extrovert

Though I'm worse at being an introvert, so I get stuck extroverting all over the place in the real world and then coming home to extrovert to you guys!

*bows at the imagined applause of appreciation*
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Based upon the logic of this title, the only person who knows more than me is Jennifer.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Based upon the logic of this title, the only person who knows more than me is Jennifer.
    Well, you are a smart guy, Uber.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTP

People read too much into things. We should actually merge both of these threads. Accusations of whether or not a person is capable of posting substance and not just fluff, or whether they can substantiate their disagreements are pretty easily settled. It's also rather easy to disprove claims to the contrary if you're willing. If anything people let personal matters and opinion bleed too much into whatever they are posting or saying. And when such things don't corroborate with their preconceived notions the only argument they have is keeping that idealization in tact.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

a common pheromone, that's all I got :/
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]