• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The influence of avatars

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do they affect you? Do you choose them to reflect your mood/persona or do you find they alter the way you feel/interact online?
Have you noticed changes in the way other people interact with you after changing your av?
<----I'm curious.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know it's silly but they do color the words of the poster for me...
i suddenly find you a lil softer ;)

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
How do they affect you? Do you choose them to reflect your mood/persona or do you find they alter the way you feel/interact online?
Have you noticed changes in the way other people interact with you after changing your av?
<----I'm curious.

Yes, I am now more hostile to you, why did you get rid of Audrey? :devil:

Hmm . . . mine is really anything I think will get a laugh. I have not changed my avatar or been here long enough to establish a presence within the communitty yet. Only a select few would recognize me and if I change my avatar, I doubt they would know who I was.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
First of all, it is an easy Way to keep Track of One's Posts.
Besides, yes it does change a Person a lil. People with very "serious Avas" *sound* quite a Bit more serious than People with more uh..."open" Avatars.

Besides, Avas make a good Conversation-Starter. You can leave Someone a Comment saying "Hey, I like your Avatar" and slowly start a nice Conversation, for Example. Instead of just going "Well...hi". =p
Also you can kinda spot some similar Interests sometimes, just by looking at them. That's cool.

Personally, I normally pick my Avas according to my "Mood" for a longer Time-Span. For Example during October I had a halloweenish Ava on a Forum. On some Forums I pick one Ava "forever". I mostly pick pretty *wisely*, so no Need to constantly change. And on my MSN, which I access every Day, I have "Mood-Avas" which always show my current Mood. I made them for me. I can express any Mood I am going thru. Mostly I did that for People to see when they better back off etc. :D
But that is really the only Place where I change my Ava so often. On normal Forums I just change occasionally, when a new "Era" begins. And most likely I won't change my Ava here. Also for identifying Purposes for Others. I'd rather change my Profile Pic sometimes, maybe. *shrugs*

Last edited:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I chose mine as it resembles what I want to become. I am influenced a lot more than I'd want to be by avatars. Paired with the replies, they give an interesting image of the person :)

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
I just found my avatar physically and abstractly interesting. Don't know what it does personally... I had trouble finding one, this one I quite like.

wolfy

awsm
<----I'm curious.
The old Dylan avatar from the movie made you seem more cynical. In a good way.
The new one makes you kind of sexy like I want to nod my head at anything you say. :yes:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
just so ya know though...i loved your last one...extremely strong and sexy pic...it fit :)
this one's is also cool and strong but a lil softer and more reflective...is that how your feeling at the moment?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your avatar makes me think introvert.

i'm in a weird place...so very much inside myself at the moment...so yes...that makes sense

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you in a jar? That's a good pic to describe what you are feeling. I got that.

yes...i'm trapped within...isn't it obvious? haha...it's not really funny...i don't know why i'm laughing :huh:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Have mine turned off. I frequently post/check MBTIc & INTPc in a professional environment.

I noticed that my old avatar (Banksy reaper) alongside my pseudonym used to give people a sense of darkness/danger about me -- this couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm quite warm. You'd think me an ENxJ if we met.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ i think of you very earthy and sage like with the one you have :)

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Thank you, erinavery!

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Cool/confident with a hint of playfullness.

Disclaimer: I am not gay :devil:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ very sweet...empathetic and concerned :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cool/confident with a hint of playfullness.

Disclaimer: I am not gay :devil:
you might just need to put that in your siggy...haha