User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default The influence of avatars

How do they affect you? Do you choose them to reflect your mood/persona or do you find they alter the way you feel/interact online?
    Have you noticed changes in the way other people interact with you after changing your av?
    <----I'm curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i know it's silly but they do color the words of the poster for me...
    i suddenly find you a lil softer
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    How do they affect you? Do you choose them to reflect your mood/persona or do you find they alter the way you feel/interact online?
    Have you noticed changes in the way other people interact with you after changing your av?
    <----I'm curious.
    Yes, I am now more hostile to you, why did you get rid of Audrey?

Hmm . . . mine is really anything I think will get a laugh. I have not changed my avatar or been here long enough to establish a presence within the communitty yet. Only a select few would recognize me and if I change my avatar, I doubt they would know who I was.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

First of all, it is an easy Way to keep Track of One's Posts.
    Besides, yes it does change a Person a lil. People with very "serious Avas" *sound* quite a Bit more serious than People with more uh..."open" Avatars.

Besides, Avas make a good Conversation-Starter. You can leave Someone a Comment saying "Hey, I like your Avatar" and slowly start a nice Conversation, for Example. Instead of just going "Well...hi". =p
    Also you can kinda spot some similar Interests sometimes, just by looking at them. That's cool.

Personally, I normally pick my Avas according to my "Mood" for a longer Time-Span. For Example during October I had a halloweenish Ava on a Forum. On some Forums I pick one Ava "forever". I mostly pick pretty *wisely*, so no Need to constantly change. And on my MSN, which I access every Day, I have "Mood-Avas" which always show my current Mood. I made them for me. I can express any Mood I am going thru. Mostly I did that for People to see when they better back off etc.
    But that is really the only Place where I change my Ava so often. On normal Forums I just change occasionally, when a new "Era" begins. And most likely I won't change my Ava here. Also for identifying Purposes for Others. I'd rather change my Profile Pic sometimes, maybe. *shrugs*
    Last edited by GargoylesLegacy; 11-24-2008 at 09:57 PM.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I chose mine as it resembles what I want to become. I am influenced a lot more than I'd want to be by avatars. Paired with the replies, they give an interesting image of the person
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I just found my avatar physically and abstractly interesting. Don't know what it does personally... I had trouble finding one, this one I quite like.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i know it's silly but they do color the words of the poster for me...
    i suddenly find you a lil softer
    Your avatar makes me think introvert.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    <----I'm curious.
    The old Dylan avatar from the movie made you seem more cynical. In a good way.
    The new one makes you kind of sexy like I want to nod my head at anything you say.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

just so ya know though...i loved your last one...extremely strong and sexy pic...it fit
    this one's is also cool and strong but a lil softer and more reflective...is that how your feeling at the moment?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Your avatar makes me think introvert.
    i'm in a weird place...so very much inside myself at the moment...so yes...that makes sense
    -Jim Morrison