• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The influence of avatars

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Well my own avatar doesn't affect me.

I do have to wonder what others think of mine though.

Your avatar along with name King Fisher makes me think of one from around New Orleans, love the blues, and most likely a person of the baby boomer era.. Am I close???

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's cool how different people look at people's avatars. I just get an overall "Feel" for the person that starts with the avatar.

What's mine say to you Eiddy (or anyone else)? :D

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Your avatar along with name King Fisher makes me think of one from around New Orleans, love the blues, and most likely a person of the baby boomer era.. Am I close???

well i do love the blues, but i have never lived in or around New Orleans. and i am younger than a baby boomer. i am generation x, the generation after the baby boomers.

your avatar makes me think of someone who sees a lot of feeling and emotion in the world around them, and someone who sees a lot of symbolism and meaning in everything.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Well it is definitely a kitten. Kittens are supposed to be cute and fuzzy. This one is electrifying though and it just starts at it's paws. So like it has some sort of power. The ears down like that can also signify when a cat is in danger and is trying to hold on. Also he doesn't look like a very happy fella.

It is a spectacular display of light though.

The meaning, well power in the hands or holding on. With power being mustered up to help maintain the hold.

Somehow looks like that could be a hole behind him, so maybe he doesn't want to slip into that dark abyss..

What does mine say?

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Avatars are secondary to post content, for me, but they do influence my thoughts on the poster. I'm more likely to remember a person if their writing style and avi match up. ;)

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
well i do love the blues, but i have never lived in or around New Orleans. and i am younger than a baby boomer. i am generation x, the generation after the baby boomers.

your avatar makes me think of someone who sees a lot of feeling and emotion in the world around them, and someone who sees a lot of symbolism and meaning in everything.

Thank you that's nice. :hug:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What does mine say?

I think it's like a cloak... you give off the feel of warmth from a distance (with that avatar). You are interested in people from a distance... that's what the masks in the avatar say to me. That it's like you want to bond with people but harbor a good bit of yourself at the same time, and only really share that to a certain few.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
I think it's like a cloak... you give off the feel of warmth from a distance (with that avatar). You are interested in people from a distance... that's what the masks in the avatar say to me. That it's like you want to bond with people but harbor a good bit of yourself at the same time, and only really share that to a certain few.

Ok so I am wondering without the avatar do you find me like that too? :D

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
avatars do contribute to my perceptions of people somewhat.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Avatars actually influence me somewhat. For example, since Costrin changed his avatar, I haven't been able to actually take him seriously. Lady X's avatar makes me think that I'm being interrorgated by a bad technicolor film.

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
How do they affect you? Do you choose them to reflect your mood/persona or do you find they alter the way you feel/interact online?
Have you noticed changes in the way other people interact with you after changing your av?
<----I'm curious.

I usually pick my avatars somehow related to the first I posted(I started with a Persian white cat and will continue to post avatars of it(I like them very much though :))).

I can't really say that people changed the way they interact with me after changing my av because I have only struck up conversation with only one TypoC member and I only visit TypoC when I have the time. IMO, changing avs might influence people sometimes/temporarily, but not necessarily change the way they "talk" to you...I believe they concentrate more on what you "said" on your post.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Costrin needs to have a claymore character as his avatar. I was thinking Ophilia. :D!

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
they don't usually influence me that much, but sometimes they do... the sorta stroppy looking power woman types that Lauren Ashley somtimes has possibly contribute to an impression I erroneously had of her before we had a chat.

jenocyde could have just about anything and it still wouldn't change the way I smile at whatever she writes :)

all the people who have cats - quite a few of them out there - can't really put my finger on how that affects how I see them... I think though, in some way, it sorta makes them appear "weaker" in my mind. Except wildcat. not sure why.

Carebear's just too awesome for his awesomeness to be bound to any stupid old avatar. And Splittet's seems to make me tend to laugh at whatever he says, in a good natured way, whilst still taking it seriously, which is weird.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
all the people who have cats - quite a few of them out there - can't really put my finger on how that affects how I see them... I think though, in some way, it sorta makes them appear "weaker" in my mind. Except wildcat. not sure why.

I just imagine that there are a bunch of cats typing things online.:happy2:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
At this point it doesn't matter what substitute's avatar is. When I read his posts first I picture Q from Star Trek. Then I picture Piers Morgan because they look alike to me and Piers strikes me as an ENTP on top of that. So when I read substitute's posts I imagine Piers Morgan talking.