• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The influence of avatars

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I never look at a poster's name, unless something about it really makes it stick out (love it/hate it... it's witty, etc). Otherwise, I know everyone by their avatar. So if they change it, it's like they're a different person... until I notice the writing style is similar to someone else. Then, maybe if I give a fig, I'll look at their posts and figure out who they are. But, usually I don't bother with it.
The same thing happens to me.
Some people stay with a similar theme and so when they change, I still know it's them.
Some people change their avatar frequently, and it's only by extended exposure to them that I begin to feel more familiar with them, and I'll start remembering their name.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I can adjust pretty quickly, I sort of have an vague sketch of peoples avatars embedded in my head. I can recalibrate pretty quickly though. So no big deal.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
How do you like my new avatar?

S

Sniffles

A good avatar certainly does gives an impression. And certainly over time you can identify the person with it.

I can only say people seem to enjoy my avatar. They refuse to allow me anyother one but this.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
can i ask which one of mine seems more honest...
this one or the one i joined with of myself.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
i tend to not look at peoples avatars too much. i might glance at it but i dont take it into consideration too much. mine is pretty much how i am when im online, silent intensity.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can only say people seem to enjoy my avatar. They refuse to allow me anyother one but this.

Psst. It's because they don't want to have to retrain their image-recognition /bullshit-filter software.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ i'm just saying it was a pic of myself...so which is more honest?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ i don't know about other people but...for me i relate to people on a personal level so...i'm standing on my own feet and not hiding behind anything...nice to meet ya..

but that was before i found a pic i really related to ...so i dig this one too