User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 290

  1. #71
    Member Airius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    54

    Default

    I usually recognize people on forums by their avatars, rather than by names, so I imagine that eye-catching ones work wonders to get people to notice you.

    I choose my own by mood.

  2. #72
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Usually, I don't think it makes a difference for me, but one member has the same distinctive facial expression and body positioning of one ex in an avatar (same MBTI too :eek, and i find myself avoiding the member's posts.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  3. #73
    Senior Member MissMurder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp
    Posts
    177

    Default

    I never look at a poster's name, unless something about it really makes it stick out (love it/hate it... it's witty, etc). Otherwise, I know everyone by their avatar. So if they change it, it's like they're a different person... until I notice the writing style is similar to someone else. Then, maybe if I give a fig, I'll look at their posts and figure out who they are. But, usually I don't bother with it.
    Power is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.
    Youtube - Oversensitive Witches
    Scary Bedtime Prayer

  4. #74
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Avatars are sorta like clothing. They protect us and give us an opportunity to telegraph something about ourselves.

    That may be what we wish we were or something we actually are.
    I look at them as a self-help method to reinforce something we are working on projecting.

    Edit: I'm presently working on remembering not to set my little rosebud down on that fencepost.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

  5. #75
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Usually, I don't think it makes a difference for me, but one member has the same distinctive facial expression and body positioning of one ex in an avatar (same MBTI too :eek, and i find myself avoiding the member's posts.
    yeah. I avoid his posts too...but for different reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  6. #76
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    yeah. I avoid his posts too...but for different reasons.
    Well, the avatar is not the only reason.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  7. #77
    Member Airius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    54

    Default

    I avoid that guy too.

  8. #78
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I look at them as a self-help method to reinforce something we are working on projecting.

    Edit: I'm presently working on remembering not to set my little rosebud down on that fencepost.
    :eek:
    You got that pussy-vibe down gurl.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissMurder View Post
    I never look at a poster's name, unless something about it really makes it stick out (love it/hate it... it's witty, etc). Otherwise, I know everyone by their avatar. So if they change it, it's like they're a different person... until I notice the writing style is similar to someone else. Then, maybe if I give a fig, I'll look at their posts and figure out who they are. But, usually I don't bother with it.
    That's interesting. I had no idea ppl did this. But I'm much more tuned into language than visual imagery.
    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    yeah, i cringe every time i read such comments.


    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Wow, this thread has really turned to shit since I made my soon-to-be-infamous companion thread.
    I think you took most of the shit with you, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  9. #79
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airius View Post
    I avoid that guy too.
    I know, RIGHT?

    Let's all hate on him, anonymous-style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  10. #80
    Member Airius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    54

    Default



    Right before we launch our attack.
    He'll never see it coming.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2016, 09:36 PM
  2. The Influence of Si on Fi and Fe
    By Thalassa in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 08:26 PM
  3. The Influence of Functions on Grammar
    By JustDave in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 11:01 PM
  4. [MBTItm] The merit of stuffed animals
    By nightning in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 10:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO