User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    ^^^ well not at all like your real pic...
    you look all sinister and cocky in your avi but seem quite the opposite from your pic
    Hmmm.. How does my pic give you that impression I'm a little curious. I'm not cocky IRL but I'm confident when I'm interested in something, not necessarily when I'm curious about things (the uncertainty fuels my drive). I'm more expressive and confident when I'm discussing or debating though.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    ENTJ?
    ENFJ?
    ENxJ?
    Ha - no worries.

My social wardrobe is much more ENFJ than ENTJ.

Higher probability of interpersonal success.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Hmmm.. How does my pic give you that impression I'm a little curious. I'm not cocky IRL but I'm confident when I'm interested in something, not necessarily when I'm curious about things (the uncertainty fuels my drive). I'm more expressive and confident when I'm discussing or debating though.
    i didn't mean to imply you come off as unconfident in your pic...no...you seem sure of yourself...just kinda sweeter about it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Just for clarification, Aimahn, are you not naturally light hearted? You seem to come off as a natural in your posts.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    INTP

Nahh I am. Too much so in fact. It's just interesting seeing others perceptions, I switch though. Im not naturally forthcoming in realife I'm much more reserved except to those who I am familiar with and comfortable with. It's actually complete opposites, two faced if you will, (without the negative connotation that implies) Maybe I should get a little Harvey Dent avi. That would be kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i didn't mean to imply you come off as unconfident in your pic...no...you seem sure of yourself...just kinda sweeter about it.
    Hahah lol nahh I figured. I always get that comment from people, I find it kind of funny. Sweet or cute is what I usually get, along with a little Awweee, like a little baby bro or something. It's a little shocking for my NT demeanor. It feels like I get NF-ized, and even more so because I'm so shy.
    Last edited by ThatsWhatHeSaid; 11-12-2008 at 11:42 AM. Reason: merged posts
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Totally. I choose my avatar based on my mood. I don't know if people interact differently with me, but I assume they do, since I interact differently with them. Why? An avatar for me is a mix between a costume (which makes me get into character) and a ritual, like cleansing or shedding my old skin. It helps me move forward and let go of any expectations I have for myself that build up over time, in terms of the person I should be and the things I should say, and free myself. It's pretty deep, I guess. I should note that I don't actually think about all this when changing my avatar, but now that you've asked, that's how I'd interpret the process.

Regarding other people's avatars, yeah, I probably create some type of association with the person posting, and interpret it at some level. Some are funny, some think they're funny, some seem introspective and artistic, some seem unique, other just bubble-gum pop. Sometimes I'm conscious or the inferences I make, sometimes not.

The sexy avatars are a whole different ballgame. The associations I make are strong and automatic.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Without even looking at your type I thought "INTP". Late teens/early twenties. Considerate towards loading times of victims of dial-up. Feels like irl people don't realize how dark he really is. Gets credited with niceness he considers offensively undeserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Hahah lol nahh I figured. I always get that comment from people, I find it kind of funny. Sweet or cute is what I usually get, along with a little Awweee, like a little baby bro or something. It's a little shocking for my NT demeanor. It feels like I get NF-ized, and even more so because I'm so shy.

(screw context)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've always wondered what other people are trying to project about themselves through thier avatars, since there's got to be a reason for choosing them

Mine I pick on a whim- Marlon Brando at the moment because I enjoy looking at him every time I post something In the past I had a lot of cartoon character avatars because they made me happy (and Captain Haddock was actually one of my favorites! ) and my dog for a while before that- complete with reindeer antlers. I may have the dog with antlers again once Thanksgiving is past and it's the Christmas Season officially again! (it's all for you, Jen!)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I chose my avatar because I love the atmosphere and warm colours of it plus it is probably my favourite Tori Amos picture ever.

I get confused when people on here change their avatars because a lot of them tend to pick usernames that I find difficult to remember so once somebody changes his/her avatar I think: "Who is this person??"

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Yes, I've noticed too.
    And I've also noticed my own attitude change, I'm just not sure which came first, the image, or the attitude.

This new one is my fav of yours.
    Changed how?

And thank you. ^^
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~