User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    How do they affect you? Do you choose them to reflect your mood/persona or do you find they alter the way you feel/interact online?
    Have you noticed changes in the way other people interact with you after changing your av?
    <----I'm curious.
    Since I am very visual, a person's avatar does have an affect on me.
    Sometimes I get a strong sense of someone's type by the avatar they've chosen.
    I enjoy looking at beautiful things so I enjoy the pretty avatars the most.
    I enjoy the funny ones, like edcoaching's approximist/perfectionist avatar.
    I don't care for the ones with blood or violent aggression, etc.
    I just use my Firefox Adblock Image feature to block them because they're distracting and can give me bad feelings.

I have not noticed anyone treating me differently, but I believe I've only had two avatars and they've both been of waterfalls.
    I choose waterfalls because they are one of the most beautiful things on this earth that I enjoy.

I don't believe someone's avatar has much influence on how I respond to them in a post, though I would assume it must to at least a small degree, since I am not a robot, and as I said, I am very visual.

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    ^^ very sweet...empathetic and concerned
    I can see that now too. My impression is coloured by the character so I kind of get cool confident and playful more strongly.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    you might just need to put that in your siggy...haha
    Point taken: I come off as gay . . . Excuse me for a second

What effect does mine have? Because you never know just how you look through other people's eyes.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Point taken: I come off as gay . . . Excuse me for a second

What effect does mine have? Because you never know just how you look through other people's eyes.
    haha...i'm just kidding...i just saw another post where you felt you had to say it...i thought it was funny

and your avi...is just kinda weird...kinda funny.?? i don't really get emo..so...i guess i honestly don't think much about it...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP

When a poster has a long-term avatar it tends to colour my perception of them, if only in the sense that I assume it's an avatar which they consider especially apt (rather than one they are too lazy to change). It's also obviously a big part of the first-impressions a newbie makes, which can take some time to shake.

No avatar atrocity can entirely counterbalance the effect of a few good posts though. Although flowery dreamy INFP avatars with fairies and rainbows etc really get my goat.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm actually thinking about changing mine. I can't decide, what impression do you get from my avatar and how does it color your perception of my posts
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Your posts are humorous and light hearted. I enjoy reading them, but the avatar just creeps me out bro. I tend to not associate it with your posts other than "Hey its Aimahn posting" so its probably something entertaining

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^^ well not at all like your real pic...
    you look all sinister and cocky in your avi but seem quite the opposite from your pic
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I'm actually thinking about changing mine. I can't decide, what impression do you get from my avatar and how does it color your perception of my posts
    Without even looking at your type I thought "INTP". Late teens/early twenties. Considerate towards loading times of victims of dial-up. Feels like irl people don't realize how dark he really is. Gets credited with niceness he considers offensively undeserved.

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    How do they affect you? Do you choose them to reflect your mood/persona or do you find they alter the way you feel/interact online?
    Have you noticed changes in the way other people interact with you after changing your av?
    <----I'm curious.
    There is usually a hidden message in my av's pertaining to how I am feeling about the place in my life, or a picture of myself with a facial expression telling of my current attitude. So it changes often :P

As for other peoples av's affecting the way I interact with them...it has no effect. Though, I do read into them and wonder what makes a person choose a particular av.

I have noticed a change in the way people interact with me. That's interesting to see.
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~