User Tag List

First 1826272829 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Does the gender of the avatar make a difference? All the avatars that I have used or considered have a man in the picture even though I'm not one. I used to have Einstein playing a violin and now I got some old man busking. I also had a couple of Anora Spence pictures, but didn't think they'd show up as well here.
    I always thought you were a woman because of your username .

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    It's hard to tell the diference between male and female people on this board by names. Why do you think rpeople such as black cat (INFP) say that they're male, while people like EJCC (ESTJ) say that they're female. It's because even here, there is a bias for males to be T's and for females to be F's. Now, if you've seen Jennifer, you've probably thought that she was female. That's because of her avatar.
    I think this is a really interesting point. I have noticed this bias in myself where I will read someones post and hear a "masculine" voice or read another and perceive it to be more "feminine", and hadn't been able to pinpoint the difference. I agree with you because I think with few exceptions, male Fs on this board tend to mimic the terser writing style I associate with Ts. On the other hand, female Ts don't mimic the F writing style, which is probably by virtue of their type. So not getting the actual content of a post, I'll conclude that a female T would be more likely to have her gender mistaken than a male F.

Also, Jennifer apparently has a perverse sense of humor.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Out of curiosity (and I don't mean for this to derail the thread): what exactly is the F writing style? As wind-up rex suggested (correctly), I just write the way I write, without trying to mimic anything.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

The only difference I can see between T and F writing styles that seems common among both. Is the confrontational aspect of them both.

F's seem to be much less confrontational than T's in general.

But other than that I wouldn't look too much into this.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Thank you Wind-up Rex. I kind of figured before that people would generally figure out from what I wrote that I am female if they didn't get it from my username. I was thinking maybe I would need to put something on there like EJCC. Glad if I don't need to.

On the other hand, I would have assumed EJCC was a girl, even without the signature she has, despite being a T. And yet, I don't think she stands out as being extremely direct and confrontational...The Gromit avatar has something to do with it, but I think her communication style does as well.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Out of curiosity (and I don't mean for this to derail the thread): what exactly is the F writing style? As wind-up rex suggested (correctly), I just write the way I write, without trying to mimic anything.
    I think that if were to briefly sum up the differences I've noticed between the F and T writing style it would be the difference between communicating (F-type) and transmitting (T-type). I believe when a T speaks, that person is doing their best to capture an abstraction to the best of their ability so that it can be understood by those around them. The plays the thing, sorta speak.

On the other hand, I think that everything about the way an F communicates carries some aspect of what their trying to express. It's like they write holistically. I think thats why the aesthetic of a post matters more to a F: you put more happy, dancing smileys in your post you will have a post that has a more happy and smiley flavor. The end. I think the emotional preference also gives a more wandering quality to a F post: ideas are arranged in terms of their relevance to the complete emotional composition being presented as opposed to their rational relationship to each other. Finally, I think that there's a valuational quality to how they write. More talk in terms of right and wrong that a T (STs talk about things being more or less correct, I think).

Exception to all this: INFJs. They all sound like "warmer" Ts to me.

your resident asshole

I find that people usually mistake me on forums for being male or they have to ask me what my gender I am. I like to pick gender neutral names and avatars, but I don't do it on purpose. But maybe I just post more T-like...

*edit* Wow. That post didn't contribute to the conversation at all. lol

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I find that people usually mistake me on forums for being male or they have to ask me what my gender I am. I like to pick gender neutral names and avatars, but I don't do it on purpose. But maybe I just post more T-like...

*edit* Wow. That post didn't contribute to the conversation at all. lol
    Eh don't worry about it.

You always seemed quite feminine to me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Eh don't worry about it.

You always seemed quite feminine to me.
    I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, just an observation...

And I had nothing else to post about.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

He who quotes the Homer in pink, is most likely a she. Teehee.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I am evil Homer, I am evil Homer!