User Tag List

First 172526272829 Last

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

I wouldn't have known you are a female. I thought you were a guy that had a Latin based name.

Nice to meet you.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Eiddy - you added a pronunciation to your user title, cool.
    i have been saying your name in my head as: eye-dee

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

That's funny! There are so few Hispanic or Latin background people where I live that it never occurred to me that someone might think that. I chose the name I have because:

1) I play fiddle and teach it for a living so both the avatar and name reflect that.
    2) Fidelia also comes from the root fideles meaning faithful. Faithfulness/loyalty are very important to me.
    3) The ia, was so that people would know that I was female!

Nice to meet you too. I've seen you around the forum. I also liked it that you added the pronunciation for your name.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Yeah, I thought it might be helpful to know.

Eid pronounced eye-eed is the day of the feast, also my hubby's last name, with my own twist.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    That's funny! There are so few Hispanic or Latin background people where I live that it never occurred to me that someone might think that. I chose the name I have because:

1) I play fiddle and teach it for a living so both the avatar and name reflect that.
    2) Fidelia also comes from the root fideles meaning faithful. Faithfulness/loyalty are very important to me.
    3) The ia, was so that people would know that I was female!

Nice to meet you too. I've seen you around the forum. I also liked it that you added the pronunciation for your name.
    See how each colors the world with their own perceptions. It is always nice to observe these subtle differences in POV's.
    Johari / Nohari

Independent Director

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

It's hard to tell the diference between male and female people on this board by names. Why do you think rpeople such as black cat (INFP) say that they're male, while people like EJCC (ESTJ) say that they're female. It's because even here, there is a bias for males to be T's and for females to be F's. Now, if you've seen Jennifer, you've probably thought that she was female. That's because of her avatar.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    It's hard to tell the diference between male and female people on this board by names. Why do you think rpeople such as black cat (INFP) say that they're male, while people like EJCC (ESTJ) say that they're female. It's because even here, there is a bias for males to be T's and for females to be F's.
    Agreed. +1
    Now, if you've seen Jennifer, you've probably thought that she was female. That's because of her avatar.
    ...It's really because of her being named "Jennifer"... But even if that wasn't her name, yes, the avatar would help.

p.s. I also blame my avatar for the gender mistakes on my part, since my avatar character (Gromit ) is male. But I suppose I write like a guy. Who knows.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Agreed. +1
    Yep. INFP is generally associated with femininity, and ESTJ with masculinity. Hence why we tell people in our sigs.

p.s. I also blame my avatar for the gender mistakes on my part, since my avatar character (Gromit ) is male. But I suppose I write like a guy. Who knows.
    I actually got a very feminine and gentle vibe from your avatar. But that's probably different from others' views and feels.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I actually got a very feminine and gentle vibe from your avatar. But that's probably different from others' views and feels.
    Well, in an abstract (and traditional, i.e. knitting=feminine) way, yeah, you're right. And honestly, your current avatar is pretty masculine, too. So if it were all up to the avatars here, maybe the signatures wouldn't be required

And that's where the stereotypes about INFPs and ESTJs come in.

But ANYWAYS, I should answer the OP now...
    Avatars definitely affect me. Some people's avatars on this site (not naming names, because I can't remember most of them, but they're almost all ENTs) really irritate me, and probably affect how I think of them and how I react to their posts.
    I chose mine because I like Gromit, and I like knitting, and I've seen all the Wallace and Gromit movies like 100x apiece (can't WAIT for the next one to come out in the US), and the picture is cute. I haven't changed it because I didn't want to at first, and once I felt like I might be ready to, I realized that if I changed it, everyone would get confused, and no one would know who I am anymore. So, unless I find another good picture of Gromit, this one isn't gonna go anytime soon.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Well, in an abstract (and traditional, i.e. knitting=feminine) way, yeah, you're right. And honestly, your current avatar is pretty masculine, too. So if it were all up to the avatars here, maybe the signatures wouldn't be required
    That's actually what I was thinking with your avatar. And it's cool to hear that my avatar is masculine.

And that's where the stereotypes about INFPs and ESTJs come in.
    I should remove my sig and change my avatar to a picture of a fairy or something and see what happens. You should remove your sig and get a picture of a military leader or something and see what happens.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)