MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I think so. Yes.

Ah, I can see that now. But before, it was like the intensity of the cat's anger made it as powerful as a lion in my mind. You might say I made a mountain lion out of a field kitten... or something. I tend to be more affected by the emotions I see in something than the ability of said creature to do something about them.

I mean, honestly... instead of looking at the cat's size, pay attention to what it's expressing. Imagine what it would do... if it could actually ACT on what it was feeling, and impact people or other animals with it's state of mind.

I suppose that perception is because I'm such a mind over matter person. I fear the one with the biggest temper, more than I fear the one with the biggest claws.
    I guess it's all in how you see that picture of the cat projecting emotion. Where as I see him projecting amusement or hilarity, you see him projecting anger. I guess I can see that, because it could look to someone else like he's hissing. I never saw it before because I was so convinced that the cat appeared to be laughing.

In reality an angry cat can be an unsettling thing, I agree.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I usually like my avatars to give off an intense feel, while still being characteristic of me in a way.
    I love this new avatar, btw.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I guess it's all in how you see that picture of the cat projecting emotion. Where as I see him projecting amusement or hilarity, you see him projecting anger. I guess I can see that, because it could look to someone else like he's hissing. I never saw it before because I was so convinced that the cat appeared to be laughing.

In reality an angry cat can be an unsettling thing, I agree.
    Well, that's probably just because I've never seen a cat laugh. I had a cat once, and he never laughed. He purred with contentment, got nervous, meowed for attention, and got mad. Those were the only emotional states I ever saw. Maybe I just didn't have a very expressive cat...

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I was being mistaken for Hot 80's Val Kilmer so I had to put myself up instead as proof that I am a girl and NOT in fact a tasty blond god jackass playing volleyball.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

I believe avatars can definitely affect how we feel about the person. There was one avatar that was hot! Other avatars give me a vibe, some leave no lasting impression at all. Not all of them, but some like Synarch's really identify the person. Which is always a good thing.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I'm actually thinking about changing mine. I can't decide, what impression do you get from my avatar and how does it color your perception of my posts
    I love your avatar. I really hope you don't change it.

ETA: I picked mine because she has my hair, except mine is redder. I also just liked the flow and movement of it.

I do think people react to avatars. Sometimes I'm tempted to put up a Jeffster-type pin-up and watch the responses to my posts double. I'm cynical enough without that, though.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I love this new avatar, btw.
    I have wanted to tell you for a long long time but I didnt know why. I tho do now, cause I am totally drunk: your avatar is scary
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

I usually pick an avatar that either illustrates a concept I think is funny, or is an oblique picture of me.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    How do they affect you? Do you choose them to reflect your mood/persona or do you find they alter the way you feel/interact online?
    Have you noticed changes in the way other people interact with you after changing your av?
    <----I'm curious.
    I use mine so people know what I mean by "Helios", or at least people familiar with a certain videogame.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I do think people react to avatars. Sometimes I'm tempted to put up a Jeffster-type pin-up and watch the responses to my posts double. I'm cynical enough without that, though.
    That is sad. Isn't it?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."