User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 18

  1. #1

    Question Rational vs. Idyll and Artisan vs. Guardian: Why the differences?

    Why is it that we see such a high level of rivalry between NTs and NFs on MBTIc?

    Also, why do we not see this behavior mirrored between SPs and SJs, or any other Temperament combination on MBTIc?

    Be as casual or technical, brief or explanatory in your response as you wish.

    Thank you for contributing in advance!
    Last edited by iwakar; 11-10-2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: missing word
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  2. #2
    Wild Card Atomic Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    7,164

    Default

    No clue.

  3. #3
    The Destroyer Colors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o
    Posts
    1,271

    Default

    There are lots of NTs and NFs on MBTIc.

    Or, you know, SJs and SPs don't derive self-esteem or satisfaction from winning online battles.

  4. #4
    Senior Member mlittrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    There are lots of NTs and NFs on MBTIc.

    Or, you know, SJs and SPs don't derive self-esteem or satisfaction from winning online battles.
    that and i think that NFs have a predefined notion that NTs are heartless and NTs have a predefined notion that NFs are going to be emotional and/or illogical

    which is stupid imho. ive met many illogical NTs and many heartless NFs
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

    "You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

    Mahatma Gandhi

    Enneagram: 9w1

  5. #5
    Wild Card Atomic Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    7,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    that and i think that NFs have a predefined notion that NTs are heartless and NTs have a predefined notion that NFs are going to be emotional and/or illogical

    which is stupid imho. ive met many illogical NTs and many heartless NFs
    + 1

  6. #6
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    The SJ and SP feel out numbered so they stick together. The NT and NF vie for whose POV will dominate the board.

    I've seen plenty of SP and SJ battle each other on various housewifery boards and display as much trivial pleasure out of winning online battles as the Ns here do.

    Just go to any "mommy board" and make a thread about abortion or breast feeding and watch them go...

  7. #7
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    I dont see rivalry to anyone.

    But for the sake of arguement, I think N's do lack agendas in life. SP's and SJ's tend to be focussed on the tangible, therefore have an agenda. Might it as it be; I see having an agenda to be a crucial point to be accepted by Sensors.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #8
    Wild Card Atomic Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    7,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    The SJ and SP feel out numbered so they stick together. The NT and NF vie for whose POV will dominate the board.

    I've seen plenty of SP and SJ battle each other on various housewifery boards and display as much trivial pleasure out of winning online battles as the Ns here do.

    Just go to any "mommy board" and make a thread about abortion or breast feeding and watch them go...
    You are joking right?

    Please be joking....

  9. #9
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I dont see rivalry to anyone.

    But for the sake of arguement, I think N's do lack agendas in life. SP's and SJ's tend to be focussed on the tangible, therefore have an agenda. Might it as it be; I see having an agenda to be a crucial point to be accepted by Sensors.
    Psst I think that's just NPs.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  10. #10
    Senior Member mlittrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I dont see rivalry to anyone.

    But for the sake of arguement, I think N's do lack agendas in life. SP's and SJ's tend to be focussed on the tangible, therefore have an agenda. Might it as it be; I see having an agenda to be a crucial point to be accepted by Sensors.
    tell that to an XNTJ... lol
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

    "You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

    Mahatma Gandhi

    Enneagram: 9w1

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Why vs. What is essentially the difference between sensors and thinkers.
    By GarrotTheThief in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-19-2015, 05:20 PM
  2. Si and Ni - how to tell the difference?
    By wanderlust in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 04-19-2015, 06:18 PM
  3. Video: Extraverted and Introverted Functions: What's the difference?
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2014, 04:06 PM
  4. Extraverted and Introverted Functions - What's The Difference
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2014, 04:44 PM
  5. States and criminal organizations: what's the difference?
    By Valiant in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 08:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO