User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type has influenced the discussion on MBTIc the most in the past 3 months?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESFP

    0 0%
  • ESFJ

    1 3.23%
  • ESTP

    0 0%
  • ESTJ

    0 0%
  • ENFP

    6 19.35%
  • ENFJ

    0 0%
  • ENTP

    0 0%
  • ENTJ

    1 3.23%
  • ISFP

    0 0%
  • ISFJ

    0 0%
  • ISTP

    0 0%
  • ISTJ

    0 0%
  • INFP

    0 0%
  • INFJ

    2 6.45%
  • INTP

    17 54.84%
  • INTJ

    4 12.90%
First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 33

  1. #11

    Default

    I don't know how the databse is organized, but would a query of the posts in the last 3 months, checking the type of the post of the poster and getting a count (using "GROUP BY" or whatever) be terribly difficult?

    Sometimes it just seems like when we do introspective things like this, the actual data would be really interesting.

    Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

  2. #12
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    No, it's not. Reality is in the board stats. Poll is a collection of opinions that may or may not reflect reality.
    A good poll takes into account the opinions of those polled, and may so be reliable and gather all sorts of opinions - not just those narrowly intended by a lone member. I don't realistically expect this poll to excite everyone so that they'll vote. It'll still utilize different interpretations of "influence": someone might have felt pressured by a particular group of people type X, making them feel the type X has been the influential one. Someone might feel a particular type has been particularly effective in shaping the styles of communication in here. This poll tries to capture exactly that, and the issues covered in the OP.

    Surely by the definition of "influence" you'll see you're wrong right from the start, to continue with your "corrective" attitude Correct first, then see who needs correcting

    It doesn't require influence to be able to 1) open up an account in here, 2) to state one's type in the type box, 3) start some threads, 4) post some messages.

    A type being merely mentioned might not be indicative of it's influence on the board. There are several methods by which this could happen.

    That's why opinion poll instead of a database search.

    Opinion poll is subject to other kinds of problems, mainly from biased sample. Bias can be lessened by choosing a neutral introduction to the survey, as I have done. Some people recognize my name, which might lead to some bias. Bias might come from choosing a sub-forum favored by particular kinds of persons, too.

    I acknowledge these and many other problems of opinion polling, so you'll do well to acknowledge problems with your suggested method, provided you know even a bit of research methods and the theory and practice behind them. Your naive solution suggests otherwise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #13
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    (--) well that's rude. Not much of an inventor then, aint they ?!
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #14
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    don't worry- he's just bitter because he couldn't cut it as an ENTP
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  5. #15
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Just curious about how you would measure something like "Person X did contribute something". I guess the perception of things is different in every single person and therefore one contributes something to the understanding of the MBTI for another person that would be not seen as contribute by a third person.

    Overall there are less facts or evidence according MBTI theory, so it overall just exists as a thought model and it needs to be developed through ideas and understood through experience.

    But do go on. We will take the best DNA of the "contributors" and let them tell us, what the world is for
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #16
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I thought of staying on the forum for few years and keeping track of the types that get the most attention at any one time, four times a year.

    Consider it an extension to political polling - just that politics in here depend more on type than anything else. I'm not seeking the "best" type in any regard; rather, for good or bad, what type has caught the most interest of MBTIc members?

    [Keeping in mind the past 3 months, what type has influenced the discussions on MBTI Central the most?

    A type that has been examined, discussed, praised or loathed, any type that has just stirred the discussion. It might have been because of it's popularity, or the lack of it. It might have been because we know so much about them, or not much at all, making it an example of the "unknown". It might be influential because of a lot of posting by persons of that type, or because a lot of the posts are made about them. It might be a type that doesn't get mentioned often, but still defines our conversation: we're not that type. It might be a type we're glad to talk about, or a type we'd gladly forget by now.

    What is your answer?
    You are asking too many different questions which are unrelated.

    Also, what's the point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  7. #17
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    ^ by some of those questions I'd have to say ESFJ from the amount of loathing that's tossed thier direction on this forum!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  8. #18
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ^ by some of those questions I'd have to say ESFJ from the amount of loathing that's tossed thier direction on this forum!
    you mean they are useful as a vent, if you yourself had a bad day ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  9. #19
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    (--) well that's rude. Not much of an inventor then, aint they ?!
    Offense wasn't my intention. I meant to convey my idea of the change in influence in the last 3 months. I couldn't easily find those up- and -down arrows they use in sales charts and such; sales up by this and that, sales down by this and that.

    I didn't have to mention it was my opinion?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #20
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Offense wasn't my intention. I meant to convey my idea of the change in influence in the last 3 months. I couldn't easily find those up- and -down arrows they use in sales charts and such; sales up by this and that, sales down by this and that.

    I didn't have to mention it was my opinion?
    The intention is cool. I just lack to see values that could be measured.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Typology Central Members Personality Type Survey
    By Nonpareil in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 570
    Last Post: 11-11-2017, 09:46 PM
  2. Do people's MBTI types influence who you mingle with?
    By swordpath in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 12:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO