User Tag List

12 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default What's aggressive?

In interest of finding out what constitutes aggressive behavior, I'd like to ask your view about a few things of interest.

I'm ENTJ, the type half the people in here has rated as the most aggressive. I'm trying to find out what you consider as aggressive behavior, to put all of that into perspective. Someone was rightfully asking to define aggressiveness, too. I believe some definitions will make the conversation a bit more grounded.

Please rate these actions for their aggressiveness.

Rating scheme:

* = withdrawn, submitting, agreeable, helpful, kindly informational
    ** = Hinting, suggesting, indirectly influencing, kindly influencing
    *** = Assertive, determined, persisting, direct, respectful
    **** = Intimidating, threatening, markedly selfish, rude
    ***** = insulting, violently threatening, angry, confrontational

Edit: or simply * the least and ***** the most aggressive, with other scores between the extremes. Tell if you used the simplified rating scheme.

1) Having an intense, determined facial expression and looking in the eye

2) Making others to make way for them in a public place

3) Changing history to their benefit, i.e. "I supported that back in the 2003"

4) Insisting others having said things that they did not

5) Talking with the style of authority the others can't match

6) Arguing for a decision to be made their way because "others expect it so"

7) Arguing a mutually interesting point of view in a calm but determined manner

8) Giving a counter-argument to every argument the other person gives in a conversation

9) Pointing out to the crowd that someone is holding a view that is widely unpopular to them

10) Joking with the use of violence and using the body language to drive the other person away

11) Continuing to argue on a point after every point is met with a counter-argument

12) Publicly criticizing a disruptive, insulting person

13) Refusing to discuss a subject on the basis that disagreements are "distasteful" or "childish" to them

14) Continuing to behave in a way that multiple persons are criticizing at the time

15) Suggesting to end partnership/employment/co-operation in case of a certain decision

16) Hinting to file a complaint of the other person, and the trouble they'll be in

17) Telling to call the cops if the other person won't comply

18) Shouting at a person, "I'll sue you!"

19) Pointing out that other person can't win them in a dispute because of practical matters make them unable to

20) Pointing out that other person can't win them in a dispute because of the personal danger involved

Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4) Insisting that others said things that they did not
    8) Giving a counter-argument to every argument the other person gives in a conversation
    9) Pointing out to the crowd that someone is holding a view that is widely unpopular to them
    10) Joking with the use violence and using the body language to drive the other person away
    ?
    11) Continuing to argue on a point after every point is met with a counter-argument
    13) Refusing to discuss a subject on the basis that disagreements are "distasteful" or "childish" to them
    14) Continuing to behave in a way that multiple persons are criticizing at the time
    ?
    15) Suggesting to end partnership/employment/co-operation in case of a certain decision
    16) Hinting to file a complaint of the other person, and the trouble they'll be in
    19) Pointing out that other person can't win them in a dispute because of practical matters make them unable to
    20) Pointing out that other person can't win them in a dispute because of the personal danger involved
    **** ( like threats?)

MBTI
    ENTJ

* = withdrawn, submitting, agreeable, helpful, kindly informational
    ** = Hinting, suggesting, indirectly influencing, kindly influencing
    *** = Assertive, determined, persisting, direct, respectful
    **** = Intimidating, threatening, markedly selfish, rude
    ***** = insulting, violently threatening, angry, confrontational

10) Joking with the use violence and using the body language to drive the other person away
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I can't rate those things, but I isolated the ones that - even just sometimes - resonate with me:

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post

Thank you.
    I actually especially enjoy 14) in a kind of perverse way.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I isolated the ones that - even just sometimes - resonate with me: ..

I actually especially enjoy 14) in a kind of perverse way.
    I do sometimes, too, if some group-thinking crowd haven't found out how doing thing X actually works to preserve their values, although in a less evident way. I guess I do some of these:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dali

depends on mode of delivery
    see 15
    see 15
    depends on context
    ?

Thank you
    You're welcome

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

For the most part, Mr. Tu, I find that the term is colloquially malleable, if not misused.
    Aggression has sort of inhabitable ring around the planet, as it were.

That is, it covers the holistic idea of a wide range of more specific and descriptive adjectives. The reason most people like this word is because they can make a pretty quick (subsequently shallow and possibly largely incorrect) judgement on a given character.
    It's best to take these peoples' opinions lightly.

But please -- do as you will.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    For the most part, Mr. Tu, I find that the term is colloquially malleable, if not misused.
    Aggression has sort of inhabitable ring around the planet, as it were.

That is, it covers the holistic idea of a wide range of more specific and descriptive adjectives. The reason most people like this word is because they can make a pretty quick (subsequently shallow and possibly largely incorrect) judgement on a given character.
    It's best to take these peoples' opinions lightly.

But please -- do as you will.
    Which is why I was interested of MBTIc member's view. People have talked over and over about aggressiveness, perhaps with some of the usual dictionary definitions in mind, or perhaps something else. Examining the responses lets me guess at the different views of that trait, for example someone not (probably) including passive aggressiveness with their definition. I was about to address this issue.

With these kinds of questions, neither the trait in question (aggressiveness) or the behaviors (20 questions) can be established in a completely absolute sense. Rather, they are being evaluated in a relative and a bit absolute sense, too. Tells something about the people, too.

Two phrases of interest are those of aggressive campaigning and aggressive marketing. There the element of "aggression" hints at more disagreeable methods of delivery; lying, mass mailing, etc.. not that the campaigners or marketers were angry or dangerous by any means.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Which is why I was interested of MBTIc member's view. People have talked over and over about aggressiveness, perhaps with some of the usual dictionary definitions in mind, or perhaps something else. Examining the responses lets me guess at the different views of that trait, for example someone not (probably) including passive aggressiveness with their definition. I was about to address this issue.
    I don't think I understand -- you intend to learn each of the individuals' understanding of the word? From what I can only assume you'd extrapolate their interpretation of the ENTJ archetype. Correct?

Two phrases of interest are those of aggressive campaigning and aggressive marketing. There the element of "aggression" hints at more disagreeable methods of delivery; lying, mass mailing, etc.. not that the campaigners or marketers were angry or dangerous by any means.
    Or perhaps you're trying to understand everyone's collective assumption of what aggressive is, based on these individuals?

:confused:
    we fukin won boys