User Tag List

First 678910 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I've felt serious envy last time I was 8-12 years old or something like that. I think it must have been a social occasion; some kids are playing, then some adult comes along and picks up some random kid to praise and I'm left unnoticed.

It required very specific setting for me to get envious. I had to have done something I required to be acknowledged (rare). I had to believe that someone would get credit and most of all, greater participation in the group instead of me, so I could get envious of them.

Closest thing to envy at my adult age have been when someone convincingly argues for their great career situation and the obscenely successful lot in the life, something that's happened without much hard work for them. I don't care much about money, but more about a good situation to participate in intelligent, meaningful activities - in other words, a good job. I've always had trouble getting a good job, I guess that's the only possible source of envy for me. Still, somehow the feeling of envy stops really short. I think I recognize the possibility for that, but it it never becomes real for more than a second, if even that.

Jealousy? I've had that in my adult life. Last time 9 years ago, when some jerk picked up someone I wanted to date. She wasn't into me one bit, thought I was for a while mistaken to believe otherwise. That guy didn't have any good qualities I could accept, so the situation felt like completely insane.. I was mad with anger for a while. I held a grunge for some 4 years. There would be more to tell of it, but I'll keep it at that. I believe it was the longest, persisting negative feeling I've had in my life. The feeling hasn't recurred since. I just haven't felt the need to "own" anyone ever since.

I'm glad to be such a envy- and jealousy-free individual.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I've felt serious envy last time I was 8-12 years old or something like that. I think it must have been a social occasion; some kids are playing, then some adult comes along and picks up some random kid to praise and I'm left unnoticed.

It required very specific setting for me to get envious. I had to have done something I required to be acknowledged (rare). I had to believe that someone would get credit and most of all, greater participation in the group instead of me, so I could get envious of them.

Closest thing to envy at my adult age have been when someone convincingly argues for their great career situation and the obscenely successful lot in the life, something that's happened without much hard work for them. I don't care much about money, but more about a good situation to participate in intelligent, meaningful activities - in other words, a good job. I've always had trouble getting a good job, I guess that's the only possible source of envy for me. Still, somehow the feeling of envy stops really short. I think I recognize the possibility for that, but it it never becomes real for more than a second, if even that.

Jealousy? I've had that in my adult life. Last time 9 years ago, when some jerk picked up someone I wanted to date. She wasn't into me one bit, thought I was for a while mistaken to believe otherwise. That guy didn't have any good qualities I could accept, so the situation felt like completely insane.. I was mad with anger for a while. I held a grunge for some 4 years. There would be more to tell of it, but I'll keep it at that. I believe it was the longest, persisting negative feeling I've had in my life. The feeling hasn't recurred since. I just haven't felt the need to "own" anyone ever since.

I'm glad to be such a envy- and jealousy-free individual.
    The Finns.
    The apes in the forest.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    `
    For as long as I can remember I have always been intrigued by both of these human qualities.

That being stated, I would love for you guys to share your thoughts, feelings and experiences with jealousy and envy.

So, please state your type, and your sex and the scenarios in which you find/found yourself feeling either jealous or envious.

And please be as honest as possible in your responses.

Thanks much!!!

Some live for others.
    I live for me.

You may call it selfish.
    I call it free.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    The Finns.
    The apes in the forest.
    Bears? Wolves? Swans? Yes, no?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I do have these feelings, but a split second afterwards I'm already over them as I do not begrudge anyone else their luck and accomplishments. And in the event that I do feel them longer, I just check where they're coming from as I know it's not the other person's fault, it's one of my own insecurities.

Exceptions are boyfriend-stealing bitches. But I rarely have to worry about that as my INTJ boyfriend is more likely to pay more attention to his computer over me than to another girl *LOL* (and I do have my own methods for removing boyfriend stealing computers as wel *evil grin*)
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Bears? Wolves? Swans? Yes, no?
    No.

MBTI
    HUMM

Jealousy/envy was probably one of the earliest strong emotions I had as a child.

My parents used manipulative preferential treatment of a sibling (and none too subtly either. I remember my Dad saying things like 'Now I don't love you. I'll love (insert name of random kid friend)', and I would be mutely outraged because I didn't know how to put anything in words) as punishment.

Plus I always had difficulty tattling on my brother (I would sometimes take the fall for him because I could imagine hating being in his shoes), while he hardly resisted a chance.

Now I still get jealous as a reflex when I feel overlooked or ignored, but I normally get over it by exerting some Te, and feeling some Fi inner happiness.

More insidiously, I have a very intense feeling of guilt whenever I've been joking around with a male friend or something, and move away, and then realise this INTJ I have a thing with was near. I don't know if it's because I'm hyper-vigilant about inciting jealousy, or that I sub-consciously try to induce jealousy, and then feel guilty about my motives. I don't know if joking around with someone else normally causes jealousy but I don't seem to have that relaxed mutual entertaining thing going on with the INTJ (with us it's more like mutual snarky comments), so yeah.
    ain't over till it's over.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    well in all honestly i don't think i've felt it and it surprises me when i see it in others...i don't get it. i feel no personal entitlement to things other people have.
    My thoughts exactly.. I try to find beauty in most things. That's what makes life worth living, when I enjoy what I have & make the best of it.

Random story- when I was a kid, I always wanted a power-wheel? I couldn't afford one so I'd place 2 chairs next to each other, side-by-side, put a big box in front of it, used my imagination and went "vroom vroom." BEST experience I ever had!

MBTI
    ENTP

I get jealous. And I have been envious.

I am envious when someone has something I want. Usually this has only happened when I have felt close to a woman who was with someone else. I never do anything about it.

In relationships, I can get jealous. I don't want another man to be close to my woman. Maybe because I know what it's like to envy another man, but it's also because I know things can happen even when you don't want them to or plan for them to. Feelings can develop. Boundaries can be crossed. Ultimately, you have to be able to trust who you're with, but that doesn't mean you leave the front door wide open.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Jealousy.. I've never understood entirely. I felt envy as a kid, and sometimes I feel it now--but more towards myself. Like.. I beat myself up for not having the things people my age do right now, etc. I don't tend to begrudge people for having anything. I tend to be happy for them.

It always drives me crazy though, how I'm truly genuinely just friends with some of my buddies, and then I hear about their wives being genuinely hateful and pissed off at me for A. having a vagina and B. Sending them a text message saying hey how ya doin?.

Any man I have been with or will be with is definitely allowed to have female friends.. I have no problem trusting anyone I date until they break that trust.. and even then, if I were cheated on, it'd be a deal breaker, but I wouldn't HATE them. I'd think that the ending of our relationship is calling it even enough.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge