User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yes...i know someone who can't stand to watch design shows because it makes them miserable that they don't live like that...it completely baffles me...and kinda pisses me off.

What do you think about this?

Only truly arrogant and self-centered people are never jealous and/or envy.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I'm pleased I can feel those emotions.

lol Lord as in Lording over. Ownership as in asserting herself unnecessarily into what should be my position or relationship dynamic, with my gf.

I know what you mean, romantic jealousy is pretty ooga-booga primal, but in small quantities it makes sense, and if anything, shows that you do have feelings for your partner.

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    yes...i know someone who can't stand to watch design shows because it makes them miserable that they don't live like that...it completely baffles me...and kinda pisses me off.
    I am right there with you, girl.

Truly, the more happy you are with yourself, and appreciative of the things you have, the less likely you'll be prone to feel jealous or envious towards others.

I am deathly afraid of, and at times disgusted by what I call "haters", people who say nasty things and act in nasty ways due to their feelings of jealousy and envy that ultimately stem from their own feelings of self-worthlessness.

Me no likey, one bit!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I sometimes feel romantic jealousy with a guy that I like. It's definitely not a pleasant feeling and I'd rather not have it at all but I don't consider it a bad or abnormal feeling for someone to have provided it's not constant and they aren't making their partner miserable because of it. Envy, I rarely ever feel and can't think of any instances at the moment that I've felt it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    What do you think about this?

Only truly arrogant and self-centered people are never jealous and/or envy.
    not at all...

i am not jealous because i don't feel i'm entitled to someone else's things...i don't feel i'm more worthy to have them...i think...awesome...yay you!! and i mean it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I don't think you are alone in feeling/thinking this way.
    I don't think I am either.

And it is this that I find to be scary and no offense, but also morally wrong.

Why would you want others to be unhappy?
    It's the kind of satisfaction a vampire gets when he drinks the blood of others.

What would that solve?
    It's very simple. The happiness is taken from others and now belongs to me.

How would that make anything, or anyone better?
    I'd get my essential vitamins and nutrients.

MBTI
    INFP

Never being jealous is impossible. It just isn't unless you've always had everything you've ever wanted.
    I don't mean that you don't feel happy for people, I feel happy for people at times and not at others.
    (note: the way I defined never:
    I'm very black and white about this, I mean from birth to now and in every circumstance, no matter how fleeting the feeling. You felt jealous= you felt jealous to me.To me a speck of dust makes a window dusty, even if it's negligible)
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Jealousy and envy are such poison which can horribly distort thinking. I attempt to avoid it like the plague because of that. The main trigger for me is dealing with people who have had more opportunities during their earlier development career-wise. It isn't an even playing field although from a results based perspective it is. It doesn't matter whether or not you have shoes or a motorcycle, whoever wins the marathon has the significance and makes the contribution. I make a continual effort to be at peace about that. One way it helps to have peace is to realize that I'm not happy that there are people with less opportunities than me, so if those with greater opportunities bother me, when will I ever be happy? I realized that in the larger context it is important that some people have an easier path because that means it is possible in reality to not always struggle. I hope that makes sense.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    infp

I rarely get jelous. If I do, it's about small things of zero consequence, such as how I'm kind of jelous of my brother's beard, cause it's awesome, and I'm too young and patchy to grow my own.

Sometimes I'll get jelous if I see someone doing something I want to do/wish I could do, but I usually quickly get perspective on it -I can work towards that, too, just like they did- and no longer feel jelous.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    Never being jealous is impossible. It just isn't unless you've always had everything you've ever wanted.
    I don't mean that you don't feel happy for people, I feel happy for people at times and not at others.
    (note: the way I defined never:
    I'm very black and white about this, I mean from birth to now and in every circumstance, no matter how fleeting the feeling. You felt jealous= you felt jealous to me.To me a speck of dust makes a window dusty, even if it's negligible)
    you can't say it's impossible...you just can't cuz you have no idea.

to dream or visualize things you want for yourself is by no means the same as being jealous and/or envious.