User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I'm a nasty envious and jealous bitch, my name is Dwigie, I'm 17, "Hi".

Been that way ever since I can remember and it manifested itself in fierce obsessive compulsory competitiveness for all things, palpable or not and at times over achievement.
    I didn't do it to because I felt entitled to people's belongings or affection, I was just measuring my own self-worth by others. I have less "x"= I am less "x".
    This combined by a habit of noticing what good qualities people possessed first sent me on a mission to restore my self-worth by "bringing" myself to their level.
    My self-esteem was either sky-high or downtrodden by the failures and losses the achievements and the victories. I was a thief and still am, sometimes not consciously but I have a pretty "revealing" habit of sweeping the entire surroundings and picking everything in sight regardless to whom it belongs to without thinking.I realize later on I stole something and return it.
    Interestingly enough, being aware of this feeling of worthlessness in myself increased my compassion for people because I sometimes "put people in my shoes" to their own benefit and not the other way if that makes sense. I thought people's self-worth was as fragile as mine and made sure to pamper them for this reason by being generous and trying to instill equality in everything.(equality=harmony to me). Basically the boundary between me and others has always been a very big problem for me.

I still have trouble controlling it, but I don't "manifest" so nobody knows.
    When we are feeling insecure we get jealous or envious of others if we think about it though.
    If everything is going well on our side, there's no need to check elsewhere unless it is to provide or take something.
    (I rambled and confused myself a bit actually)
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    Don't say anything more... I like you already.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Don't say anything more... I like you already.
    Lol!
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post

Been that way ever since I can remember and it manifested itself in fierce obsessive compulsory competitiveness for all things, palpable or not and at times over achievement.
    I didn't do it to because I felt entitled to people's belongings or affection, I was just measuring my own self-worth by others. I have less "x"= I am less "x".
    This combined by a habit of noticing what good qualities people possessed first sent me on a mission to restore my self-worth by "bringing" myself to their level.
    My self-esteem was either sky-high or downtrodden by the failures and losses the achievements and the victories. I was a thief and still am, sometimes not consciously but I have a pretty "revealing" habit of sweeping the entire surroundings and picking everything in sight regardless to whom it belongs to without thinking.I realize later on I stole something and return it.
    Interestingly enough, being aware of this feeling of worthlessness in myself increased my compassion for people because I sometimes "put people in my shoes" to their own benefit and not the other way if that makes sense. I thought people's self-worth was as fragile as mine and made sure to pamper them for this reason by being generous and trying to instill equality in everything(equality=harmony to me). Basically the boundaries between me and others has always been a very big problem for me.

I still have trouble controlling it, but I don't "manifest" so nobody knows.
    when we are feeling insecure do we get jealous or envious of others if we think about it though.
    If everything is going well on our side, there's no need to check elsewhere unless it is to provide or take something.
    (I rambled and confused myself a bit actually)
    Wow, thank you so much for this thoughtfully honest response.

I do think that jealousy and envy are related to one's feelings of self-worth and whether or not they derive this self-worth primarily via intrinsic or extrinsic means.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INxJ

MBTI: INTJ

I think I've been jealous once. Though, I can't verify that as truth. One of my friends was trying to lord ownership over my current girlfriend. I'm still not sure what my feelings were exactly, but I told the friend to back off.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I think I've been jealous once. Though, I can't verify that as truth. One of my friends was trying to lord ownership over my current girlfriend. I'm still not sure what my feelings were exactly, but I told the friend to back off.
    I am pretty sure that is a form of romantic jealousy.

And what does "lord ownership" mean?
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I am very jealous not by anyone in particular most of the time, but of the world in general. Jealousy and envy compels me to want to take the joy out of others.

MBTI
    INFP

Can't do jealousy. I tried it on as a teen and it didn't fit good. Hurt.

I suppose it helped to have been born into a family which had enough material things. And I had "good enough" parenting, plus the willingness to set straight the errors which caused me problems in later life by making some changes.

I can honestly say that the only time I am stung with envy is when I see grandparents with their grandchildren.

And that emotion still stings.

There is no desire to rob them of their joy, though, and I am able to appreciate their joy vicariously.

But I am most familiar with what it feels like to want something that someone else has and I don't. Sigh.

My secret "sin?" Sometimes when I'm particularly jonesing I do a sour grapes and think, "Oh heck. Good thing I don't have grandkids. They'd probably be little monsters, anyway."

All better then? NOT!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I am very jealous not by anyone in particular most of the time, but of the world in general. Jealousy and envy compels me to want to take the joy out of others.
    I don't think you are alone in feeling/thinking this way.

And it is this that I find to be scary and no offense, but also morally wrong.

Why would you want others to be unhappy?

What would that solve?

How would that make anything, or anyone better?
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I am pretty sure that is a form of romantic jealousy.

And what does "lord ownership" mean?
    I'm pleased I can feel those emotions.

lol Lord as in Lording over. Ownership as in asserting herself unnecessarily into what should be my position or relationship dynamic, with my gf.