• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

are your type-related "harmless jokes" really as funny as you think?

heart

heart on fire
Imagine it could.

Probably wise to do my joking here and there.

'scuse my INFP moment.

Me and my ISTJ sister will joke and laugh about somethings as they were at home, but I'd hesitate to do that with the other sister because she's not okay with it. Same as on a message board, I'd hope that I wouldn't joke too out of line about abuse but if I knew someone well and knew they were okay with it, I might do so in a PM with them.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Gotta work on the eye-contact, Usehername. The eyes! The eyes!

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Could be the person's way of saying "You're a sensor I can connect to in a way I haven't been able to with the sensors I've known and I'd like to know you better, but I'm awkward."

Huh? :huh: I'm guessing it would take being good at extravertd intuition to come up with that explanation. I take insults at face value.

Sarah

heart

heart on fire
Huh? :huh: I'm guessing it would take being good at extravertd intuition to come up with that explanation. I take insults at face value.

Sarah

Yes, but some of the people sending you those comments likely really do want to know you better and do like you. They just have a different way of showing it. Especially the NT.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Bet you baked brownies this weekend and have 200 count, 100 % cotton sateen sheets! (okay, that's the best ISFP stereotype I can do at the moment)

Organically grown cotton sheets. Made without sweatshop labor by environmentally responsible companies who care about the working conditions of their employees. We're all rabid environmentalists and social activists, remember. ;)

Sarah
(actually, I fit that stereotype and I'm proud of it.)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Yes, but some of the people sending you those comments likely really do want to know you better and do like you. They just have a different way of showing it. Especially the NT.

Yeah.

Those NTs are freaks, let me tell you.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Organically grown cotton sheets. Made without sweatshop labor by environmentally responsible companies who care about the working conditions of their employees. We're all rabid environmentalists and social activists, remember. ;)

Sarah
(actually, I fit that stereotype and I'm proud of it.)

you aint, noone is :).

I was talking to my ISTJ pal recently. Tried to explain him the difference between his Te and my Ti according to the card game we play.

And then he asked the question, after I was talking for an hour: "Where do you get all of your information from ?"

That was the crucial difference between Sensor and Intuitor. On the paper and in reality they are infact the same with the same capabilities. But which one of those capabilities, namely sensorism or intuitism, is defined by there liking?! I like insane, my ISTJ pal does not. I am right in 1 out of 100 cases, he is right in 100 out of 100 cases. That's all the difference.

There are alot of interpretations on this forum about this topic and most of them are invented. I cant say I do not like them, because that would counter my very nature. But I can say they are humanly insane. And so far I can follow them :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
What sort of hot? Medium peri-peri, hot peri-peri or extra hot peri-peri? ;)

What the hell is "peri-peri"?

Yeah. I need more details about those legs.

Hairy or smooth?

Hairy

Any unsightly growths? (Oh boy, does that beg a foolish answer!)

No, all my growths are sightly. (was that foolish enough?)

Yes, although I could definitely stand to lose some flab on the upper thighs.

Muscular?

Yes

Long enough to reach the ground?

From where?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I just opened a sparkling wine and that was no good idea -.-

Usehername

On a mission
Gotta work on the eye-contact, Usehername. The eyes! The eyes!

when i evaluate how well lycra shorts fit on a male customer? you have to look at their crotch! hence the awkwardness! (and why my male co-workers love that i work there when females come in becuase of the supreme awkwardness--i'm the only girl left now that it's winter.)

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Could be a challenge. I used to sew in my home for people and I always loved the fitting part where I got to ask "And how does it fit in the - um - crotch?" and watch the expression on people's faces. Not.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This thread turned into a big ol' group hug, and I think that is just what Sarah needed. :hug:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
*Checks the fit of Jeffster's crotch, totally professionally.* :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yes we can !! :D
[YOUTUBE="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QenqTgnRkrA"]Sylver[/YOUTUBE]

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I figure you all should know: cooties spread through hugging.