• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

are your type-related "harmless jokes" really as funny as you think?

heart

heart on fire
Given all that you've endured you don't appear mean spirited at all to me. I say appear because we only see what you allow us to see.

Agree. Entropie seems far, far from mean-spirited here on the board.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
heart why do you know so much about it? Just because you have a lot of friends who were abused?...or

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Maybe we should start an abused kid's club on some thread. . .

Edit: See, I probably wouldn't have made that lewd remark to Jeffster (or suggested that Peguy become a priest) if I hadn't been abused.
:( :hug: Why does life have to have such shitty moments? :hug:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I would raise my child to the best of my knowledge and I would never beat him or her. I havent got the temperament needed for that.

Yes, it takes a special kind of person to beat children :D.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I was thinkin' in the spirit of the moment, that only abused kids can make jokes about abusing kids.

Did all the heavy work a while ago and can enjoy a light-hearted moment about it at times.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah. I need more details about those legs.

Hairy or smooth? Any unsightly growths? (Oh boy, does that beg a foolish answer!)

Shapely? Muscular? Long enough to reachthe ground?

heart

heart on fire
I was thinkin' in the spirit of the moment, that only abused kids can make jokes about abusing kids.

I am not sure it's ever a good topic to joke about, by anyone. Just never sure how it would be taken by someone or trigger them into a deep funk. Sort of like joking about domestic abuse or rape.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm just curious.

If Sarah changed her type code from SF to NT without any change in her personality or posting style, would anybody be bothering her?

I wouldnt, I am just bothering you :D

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I am not sure it's ever a good topic to joke about, by anyone. Just never sure how it would be taken by someone or trigger them into a deep funk.

Imagine it could.

Probably wise to do my joking here and there.

'scuse my INFP moment.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
I grew up with my mother always thinking I was so weird and to this day she still says, "when I was your age I didn't think about those things." She's ISFJ by the way.

I see both yours and Lullahs sides as well as Sarah's, shit I even see what the NT's are whimpering on about. :) Sarah still has the opportunity to express herself here and by doing so she may gain a better insight into who she is. If you look you will find something in any thread. Even one about what kind of socks you prefer to wear. I like ankle socks. :cheese:

Whereas I had the opposite problem -- When I was a child/teenager, I tried my hardest to be as much like my INFJ mother as possible in order to "win her love". For some reason, I sincerely believed her love was conditional. My INFJ mom had extremely strong opinions on everything, and she basically ruled our entire household. Everyone, including my Dad, tried hard to please her. Except for cooking and housecleaning, Mom basically frowned on most every activity that wasn't either a spiritual discipline or wasn't connected with her brand of spirituality, and made numerous nasty remarks about anything anybody wanted to do that didn't jibe with what she considered worth doing. And since she didn't bother at all to learn much about what other families around her liked doing (other than her close circle of friends), she also disapproved of pretty much anything my sister and I wanted to do with our friends too. Mind you, we were well-behaved girls who never did anything illegal and rarely did anything dumb.

It took me a good decade after moving out to establish my own identity and stick up for myself, so that nowadays I can be around Mom and not feel compelled to agree with everything she says just to make her happy. I can now be the person I choose to be instead of a clone of Mom. At one point during my teenage years I felt like I was living a double life, feeling like in order to spare her feelings and save being lectured to, I had to lie to her about any ideas or activities -- or even reading material-- I enjoyed that wasn't inherently bad but and which wasn't hurting me at all but which she didn't think were spiritual or deep enough. It was exhausting.

Just lettin' you know there's the other side of the coin. ;)

Sarah

Usehername

On a mission
Skin tight? Geez. I hope he has a long teeshirt on. ;)

lol. definitely the most awkward part of working in a bike shop is when a customer goes to try on shorts and ask for your opinion of how they fit when they're the opposite gender.

i'm sure jeffster could wear them with style. he's got the necessary good attitude. :)