• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

are your type-related "harmless jokes" really as funny as you think?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
best stories are written by life. That can change noone :)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Could everyone please divert your isfp insults, stereotypes and jokes over to me? I would be very interested in them. Let me have it! :)

Yeah, me too! I haven't been getting NEARLY enough attention lately. So, whatever you were gonna send to Sarah, send it to me instead! :D

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
And that sucks, Heart. Seriously.

I just don't see why a forum which exists to aid people in their ability to understand and value people different than them has to be like RL.

Because it is Real Life. People don't become perfect creatures when they communicate from behind a computer screen.

heart

heart on fire
Yeah, this board has a lot of INTPs. There are lots of lame jokes about INTPs and INTJs being robotic, coldhearted, social losers. They don't bother me, because a) it's still kinda funny if said in the right way, and b) I can choose whether or not I think it applies to me. I'm not saying you have to love the lame jokes, or that you don't have a point that they're made way too often. But I do think you could realize that probably the people who are making those lame jokes to you are showing you their acceptance, and are trying to be cute in their own way. Give them the benefit of the doubt, rather than just seeing it as the deeply-ingrained bias that proves that we're not where we should be in this world, etc. You're a lot more likely, btw, to get people to see your point, if you befriend them first and then say, "hey, dude, you know those sensor jokes are lame, right?"

Could be the person's way of saying "You're a sensor I can connect to in a way I haven't been able to with the sensors I've known and I'd like to know you better, but I'm awkward."

All this is true. And I will also add as a personal observation that the threads that NTs start talking trash about feelers in their personal forum are 99% yanking y'all's chain and amusing ourselves, and yet I've noticed a lot of the NFs kinda still take them personally when talking about them in their own personal forums. It's just sort of a language difference or something. There's a lot more affection behind them than y'all know.

Yes, this is a good point to keep in mind.

S

Sniffles

Yeah, me too! I haven't been getting NEARLY enough attention lately. So, whatever you were gonna send to Sarah, send it to me instead! :D
Well since you insist! :tongue:
Family-Guy---Stewie-You-Suck-Poster-C10301869.jpeg

heart

heart on fire

Bet you baked brownies this weekend and have 200 count, 100 % cotton sateen sheets! (okay, that's the best ISFP stereotype I can do at the moment)

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Bet you baked brownies this weekend and have 200 count, 100 % cotton sateen sheets! (okay, that's the best ISFP stereotype I can do at the moment)

Brownies sound so good right now, hell you just gave me my spur of the moment project . . . :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
A hippie gets onto a bus and sits next to a nun in the front seat. The hippie looks over and asks the nun if she would have sex with him. The nun surprised by the question politely declines and gets off the at the next stop.

When the bus starts on it's way the driver says to the hippie, "I can tell you how you can get that nun to have sex with you." The hippie says that he'd love to know, so the bus driver tells him that every Tuesday evening at midnight the nun goes to the cemetery and prays to God. "If you went dressed in a robe and glow in the dark paint mask she would think you are God and you could command her to have sex with you."

The hippie decides this is a great idea, so that Tuesday he goes to the cemetery and waits for the nun to show up. At midnight sure enough the nun shows up and begins praying the hippie jumped out from hiding and says. "I AM GOD! I have heard your prayers and I will answer them, BUT ... first you must have sex with me." The nun agrees but asks for anal sex so she might keep her virginity because she is married to the church. The hippie agrees to this and has his way with the nun.

After the hippie finishes he stands up and rips off the mask and shouts,"Ha! Ha! Ha! I'm the hippie!!"

Then the nun jumps up and shouts, "Ha! Ha! Ha! I'm the bus driver!!"

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is a history of negative bias against Sensors and Feelers on various ones of these MBTI forums. I think it is because there has been emphasis on iNtuition from the history at iNtuitive Central and then the emphasis on Thinking from the INTP central. There are also some bias against extroverts. Some of these are then expressed in return as well.

It is probably based on people not knowing how to define themselves except for saying who they are not and why they are superior to those others. I've gotten some of the Feeler dismissal bit. There was a period that it bothered me primarily because it was so similar to the types of dismissal I've overcome due to economic and gender issues in certain contexts. Once I accepted that people will think whatever they want, it is possible to find a little pleasure in going ahead and being who you are and let the more prejudicial minded people have to deal with it. When who I am conflicts with a particular prejudicial world view, then it can then be their problem to attempt to reconcile that discrepancy and not mine.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I thought NFP were the hippies?

ISFP more like Mary Hartman. (anyone else old enough to get that reference?)

I always thought it was ISFP INFJ... heart is admitting to being a hippy here i think :)

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
A hippie gets onto a bus and sits next to a nun in the front seat. The hippie looks over and asks the nun if she would have sex with him. The nun surprised by the question politely declines and gets off the at the next stop.

When the bus starts on it's way the driver says to the hippie, "I can tell you how you can get that nun to have sex with you." The hippie says that he'd love to know, so the bus driver tells him that every Tuesday evening at midnight the nun goes to the cemetery and prays to God. "If you went dressed in a robe and glow in the dark paint mask she would think you are God and you could command her to have sex with you."

The hippie decides this is a great idea, so that Tuesday he goes to the cemetery and waits for the nun to show up. At midnight sure enough the nun shows up and begins praying the hippie jumped out from hiding and says. "I AM GOD! I have heard your prayers and I will answer them, BUT ... first you must have sex with me." The nun agrees but asks for anal sex so she might keep her virginity because she is married to the church. The hippie agrees to this and has his way with the nun.

After the hippie finishes he stands up and rips off the mask and shouts,"Ha! Ha! Ha! I'm the hippie!!"

LMAO.

S

Sniffles

Yeah I first heard this joke years ago when I was an atheist. Even then I was disturbed by the thought of someone wanting to have sex with a nun. :confused: