User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 293

  1. #81
    Senior Member Chris_in_Orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    You're one of the many, many INTPs on this list, Tallulah? Do you get insulting personal comments sent to you (or read insulting comments posted) almost every day you log in regarding your type preferences? No? I thought not. Since you say you've seen the sort of stuff I post, then you must know that I do not go around only preaching about "Sensor rights". It seems to me that the people who are telling me I'm too sensitive are all people who have popular type codes, and thus have a huge base of support to lean on. No wonder the lame insults feels a lot less annoying when they're directed your way.

    I might feel like participating in more discussions if I felt this list were less about people making fun of each other's type codes and/or whining about how much they can't stand everyone of certain type codes. Yes, I do dislike pointless, lame insults posted for no other reason than that it amuses the person dishing it out, and I can't help feeling negatively towards the people who do that. I really wish they'd stop using type as a weapon and started using it more positively. If the insults they posted actually helped people grow and mature, that would be a great thing, but I don't see an awful lot of constructive criticism -- much less the witty variety.

    Sarah
    I understand this totally. Its really just about the majority. We are mostly INs so those types are just automatically normal. Well, they say the only way to understand a person is to walk in their shoes for a mile... This should be an interesting experiment for me.

  2. #82
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    IMO, there is a distinct stereotype difference between the NFP and the SFP on the 'net.

    Just saying.
    There's nothing flattering about being told you're so emotional and fantasy prone you're good for nothing. In real life I've always put up with sensing types taking potshots at me for having N traits. I've learned to deal with it. It's just part of life. People tend to be uncomfortable and to dislike their opposite functions in others.

    Still it is good that Sarah made the thread to talk about the issue.

  3. #83
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    I understand this totally. Its really just about the majority. We are mostly INs so those types are just automatically normal. Well, they say the only way to understand a person is to walk in their shoes for a mile... This should be an interesting experiment for me.
    Can I watch ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #84
    Senior Member Chris_in_Orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Can I watch ?
    5 dollars

  5. #85
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    There's nothing flattering about being told your so emotional and fantasy prone you're good for nothing. In real life I've always put up with sensing types taking potshots at me for having N traits. I've learned to deal with it. It's just part of life.
    And that sucks, Heart. Seriously.

    I just don't see why a forum which exists to aid people in their ability to understand and value people different than them has to be like RL.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  6. #86
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Well I personally think its fascinating to see just how different types interact and play a long. Being INTP conflict and disagreement is something I'm used to and it is especially great to observe it in forum dynamics. It makes a great study, I think you can learn a lot from these types of discussions. More so than reading any book or studying any type profile or function preference.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  7. #87
    Senior Member Dwigie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    You're one of the many, many INTPs on this list, Tallulah? Do you get insulting personal comments sent to you (or read insulting comments posted) almost every day you log in regarding your type preferences? No? I thought not. Since you say you've seen the sort of stuff I post, then you must know that I do not go around only preaching about "Sensor rights". It seems to me that the people who are telling me I'm too sensitive are all people who have popular type codes, and thus have a huge base of support to lean on. No wonder the lame insults feels a lot less annoying when they're directed your way.

    I might feel like participating in more discussions if I felt this list were less about people making fun of each other's type codes and/or whining about how much they can't stand everyone of certain type codes. Yes, I do dislike pointless, lame insults posted for no other reason than that it amuses the person dishing it out, and I can't help feeling negatively towards the people who do that. I really wish they'd stop using type as a weapon and started using it more positively. If the insults they posted actually helped people grow and mature, that would be a great thing, but I don't see an awful lot of constructive criticism -- much less the witty variety.

    Sarah
    I feel for you. I actually am a wannabe sensor, I scored esfj because they just sound like amazingly nice people from the descriptions but it turns out I didn't quite make it (I try so hard to seem like a practical person in real life but I can't manage my lunch money to save my life.).
    I definitely sense that strange contempt for S types labeled as complete airheads overly sexual and extremely "materialistic/dumb", let's be honest here. I value the qualities associated with S types a lot, it sucks that most people don't around here.
    (the least popular type on the forum from the vibe I'm getting are ESXJs)
    I think however that type bias is never going to end, it's human nature to stereotype.(See just by saying I like esfjs it's like I'm stereotyping,I only know 2 of them and a few fluffy descriptions...)
    Types are like brands now :"what are you wearing?INTJ!It's so cool"
    Or "Infp/j: I'm so deep.*faints dramatically and breaks into random convulsions of a pain so profound that human understanding is not sufficient.Especially not "s" sympathy .
    I first felt it with the F/T wars if we can call that a war.
    Keep "fighting".
    It's so true what you said though: I never hear a lot XXSX complain about Ns except when it's about the contempt the Ns feel for them(some), very ironic.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

  8. #88
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    And that sucks, Heart. Seriously.

    I just don't see why a forum which exists to aid people in their ability to understand and value people different than them has to be like RL.
    Guess that's some sort of Extroverted Intuition thing. There is no thing as forum, RealLife or VirtualLife. There are just people. And what people lack to show in (Reallife) you yourself have in your imagination.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  9. #89
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    And that sucks, Heart. Seriously.

    I just don't see why a forum which exists to aid people in their ability to understand and value people different than them has to be like RL.
    Part of the culture here that develops is N types finding other N types and it is hard to avoid comiserating about having felt out of step in the S dominated world out there or having had trouble dealing with S type mentality or being misunderstood by them.

    Many people here have had damaging relationships with other types and they tend to vent about that.

    People come to MBTI to understand interactions, yes that's true, but a complicating factor is that conflict and dysfunction may have been strong motivating factors to seek that kind of understanding. People here are at all different places in their healing over that.

    I am not saying it is an excuse or anything, I am just saying that is the reality of the situation as it exists. This forum is always going to have a very INTP flavor as opposed to say INFP Global. It's just the way it is. I come here because I find value in that flavor.

    I don't particularly enjoy the negative comments about Feelers from the Ts but I have to realize their comments are reality, if I ask them to shut up, they will still be thinking the same thoughts. But being able to read their comments gives me a view into their true perception of Feeling and I can then see where they are being biased because of their own relationships and their own relationship with self and I can see where there is truth in what they say.

    Both give me valuable knowdlege about human experience and conflict. I can learn all of this without hurtful conflict with the people close to me in offline life. I can have conflict with people on one thread and come to agreement on another, it isn't as serious as offline life and so rapid growth and understanding can take place so even when truth hurts online, it can be valuable. I personally don't want to see gag orders placed on others.

    I'd rather see the ugly conflicts and come to understand them than sweep them under the carpet.

  10. #90
    Senior Member Chris_in_Orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Well, in some ways, this forum is set up all wrong. Why was it made so that we see each person's type by their posts?

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] What types are your family and friends?
    By Urchin in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 987
    Last Post: 12-08-2017, 07:04 PM
  2. [MBTItm] NF, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?
    By SquirrelTao in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 08-27-2017, 05:28 PM
  3. present an argument as to why you are your type
    By Grayscale in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 09:48 PM
  4. So, are you really your type, or do you wish you were your type???
    By SillySapienne in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 10:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO