User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Who's "you"?

If you were talkin' to me, I was in the busy-ness of ah'exercisin' mah NFJ skillz. <rolls up sleeves to now get back to being an NT for an academic paper due at midnight that needs another 1500 or so words and an entire clean-up>

have fun
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

<begin threadjack again>

lol, I was asking cuz I gotta finish my med school personal statement, but I can't even get started . . .

</threadjack>

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    on a side note, what is your paper about?

/threadjack
    How the education system isn't meeting needs of the new and evolved work world or keeping up to educational research regarding the best ways to educate and evaluate knowledge. (It's off of this quote, "Our school system was invented in teh late 1800s [Canada], and little has changed. Can you imagine if the medical profession ran this way?" Linda Darling-Hammond.)

Luckily it's only a rough draft worth 10% of our grade to do class editing, but it's my first academic paper that we have to submit to a journal and stuff when we're done. The rough draft so far has good ideas but is nowhere near enough supported with research (which I know exists but I haven't put in my paper yet).
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Agreed. And I think a lot of it comes down to Sarah wanting more understanding for her type, while not really understanding that other types might have a different sense of humor than she does, and might not mean to be offensive at all.

Sarah, you seem like a very smart, very interesting person, but I can't help but notice how much of the time you spend on this board fighting for Sensor Rights, instead of just participating in the threads for fun.

You're one of the many, many INTPs on this list, Tallulah? Do you get insulting personal comments sent to you (or read insulting comments posted) almost every day you log in regarding your type preferences? No? I thought not. Since you say you've seen the sort of stuff I post, then you must know that I do not go around only preaching about "Sensor rights". It seems to me that the people who are telling me I'm too sensitive are all people who have popular type codes, and thus have a huge base of support to lean on. No wonder the lame insults feels a lot less annoying when they're directed your way.

I might feel like participating in more discussions if I felt this list were less about people making fun of each other's type codes and/or whining about how much they can't stand everyone of certain type codes. Yes, I do dislike pointless, lame insults posted for no other reason than that it amuses the person dishing it out, and I can't help feeling negatively towards the people who do that. I really wish they'd stop using type as a weapon and started using it more positively. If the insults they posted actually helped people grow and mature, that would be a great thing, but I don't see an awful lot of constructive criticism -- much less the witty variety.

Sarah

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Do you get insulting personal comments sent to you (or read insulting comments posted) almost every day you log in regarding your type preferences?
    I get such comments frequently, uh Fi isn't exactly everyone's personal favorite nor is INFP... and I agreed with her, so am not sure your counterpoint really invalidates her opinion.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I get such comments frequently, uh Fi isn't exactly everyone's personal favorite nor is INFP... and I agreed with her, so am not sure this really invalidates her opinion.
    IMO, there is a distinct stereotype difference between the NFP and the SFP on the 'net.

Just saying.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Could everyone please divert your isfp insults, stereotypes and jokes over to me? I would be very interested in them. Let me have it!

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I get such comments frequently, uh Fi isn't exactly everyone's personal favorite nor is INFP... and I agreed with her, so am not sure your counterpoint really invalidates her opinion.
    Yes, I definitely love it when Blue Wing rants about how INFPs are the most illogical and worst type for deep relationships... Ah he is a funny chap.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I just saw this thread.

It's interesting to see how the responses have tended to fall among typical "typelines."

I appreciate seeing the discusson that is occurring. I think it's good when people actually listening and try to empathize with how the "other side" might be experiencing and viewing the situation; and along those lines, I'd encourage people not to bail out of frustration, but to continue to represent their side well... as long as you're doing the first part -- i.e., listening.

My two cents?

I can laugh at some pretty hard things that I know some people can't. I usually take into account the person making the jokes and what their intentions probably were. I don't like it when people have trouble keeping that in perspective and can never seem to "take a joke."

At the same time, I'd get really ticked off if I kept getting the same unoriginal joke(s) directed at me time and time again by people trying to be cute... especially if I was the minority, and super-especially if I was a minority that people seemed to have negative feelings towards to start with. It gets old, trust me. It really does, regardless of what type or gender or age or social group you belong to. These are jokes being directed at shaming personal identity, not just general jokes being made; so yes, they are soon enough taken personally.

The goal of this particular forum is to encourage participation between different types of people, not undermine it, and the community can only benefit from that. If you really really hate that idea, there are some other forums that focus on one particular type where you can probably say things in ways you enjoy and not have to worry about being misunderstood.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

To Sarah

Ok, time for me to be serious. First off, I totally understand your side of the story and I also understand the other side (maybe because I am part of them). I think the best option is to be frank and honest with a person about your preferences. My normal mode of conversation is lighthearted and fun loving, but with a few people who I know personally, I show a totally different side of myself that they prefer. On the internet, it is hard to know the preferences of the person you are talking too right away (or who might read your comments) unless you are specifically told, so you end up saying what amuses you.

My advice would be to specifically share your concerns with the person bothering you (I know it might be a lot of people) but if they are mature, they will accept/analyze the given concern. If they still do not respect your wishes, then as jaerae said, put them on the ignore list. I personally can not think of another way other than specifically pointing out what bothers you to the specific person to solve such a thing. Other than that, I think things will continue as always, but I do appreciate what you are trying to do and I really do feel you. Good luck with it.