User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Some people don't have anything else to offer to get attention so they settle for negative attention and call it "being tough." Compensation for lack of knowledge by trying to look superior.

A sad thing and painfully true in RL. It's expected for some young people. They may have never been cared about enough to be taught better. They have lots to learn yet before they have something useful to contribute. If they don't learn something along the way it looks pretty pathetic as one "matures."

Some feel a need to "punish" others for the hand life has dealt them. It's a self-perpetuating cycle of abuse. Wounded egos make for pretty miserable companions.

Other posters may be struggling with mood or thought disorders and not attending to their health.

If it's small consolation, their lives are much more miserable for them to live then it is for others to watch.

It grieves me to know something they don't. All they need to do is take a cue from those around them and do the hard work it takes to enter the society which they choose to distain because they don't know how to enter it.

Lonely, frustrated, angry, hurt. Tough way to live a life. And a poor decision not to try to change that.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    I would guess from my parents that most are SJ's.
    That kind of goes for the rest of the world too.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Question: Is it perhaps possible to use the knowledge of type another way?

I mean, I have seen some INTJ forums where they bash each other to pieces with jokes, and they actually say: I can say this coz I know you can take it. I wouldn't do this with an F. So maybe if we realize who we are replying to, we can take that info into account when answering?

As for us F's, maybe we can stop hugging and cuddling T's to death as that makes them uncomfortable, or so I've been told *grin*.

Just a thought
    Amargith
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Question: Is it perhaps possible to use the knowledge of type another way?

I mean, I have seen some INTJ forums where they bash each other to pieces with jokes, and they actually say: I can say this coz I know you can take it. I wouldn't do this with an F. So maybe if we realize who we are replying to, we can take that info into account when answering?

As for us F's, maybe we can stop hugging and cuddling T's to death as that makes them uncomfortable, or so I've been told *grin*.

Just a thought
    Amargith
    Yes, it's a question of "emotional intelligence".

Some people have it, and some people... not so much.

MBTI
    INFP

I should have added, Sarah, that I understand that your OP wasn't as much a question as it was an opportunity to speak my mind about some of the maladaptive behaviors hereabouts and I appreciated that.

I like the phrase "pre-cognitive commitment." Guess that's what I was saying. My post sounds like a put-down, I realize. And I think any student of human behavior will recognize what truth there is in it.

The good news is that there are other ways to attempt self-development and satisfaction in life and being on a forum of this type is a beginning.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

When I was a mechanic, I had to roll with a million "joking" put-downs a day. Some days, I could take it or even laugh it off. Other days, like when the ENTIRE garage full of guys were using me for mob target practice? I'd pretty much lose any patience I had left and it would be ON. I was the only woman in there and even though I knew it was going to be open-season on me more than it wasn't, I wasn't responsible for the idiocy of the people around me and I wasn't going to just stand there and let them crack the 50th "little lady" joke without getting it right between the eyes.

Consider the quantity of "nice for an S blah blah" the few Sensers on this board are dealing with. It's obnoxious and dim-witted repeated ad nauseum.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Sarah you're focusing on what you view to be negative and ignoring the positive comments several posters have made here, eh em...present company included.

I never thought I'd say this to someone other than myself, but I think you're being too sensitive.
    Agreed. And I think a lot of it comes down to Sarah wanting more understanding for her type, while not really understanding that other types might have a different sense of humor than she does, and might not mean to be offensive at all.

Sarah, you seem like a very smart, very interesting person, but I can't help but notice how much of the time you spend on this board fighting for Sensor Rights, instead of just participating in the threads for fun.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

We should all get together and just bite the heck out of each other. YAY! With nudity! And candy corn!

This message has been brought to you by Edahn.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    We should all get together and just bite the heck out of each other. [/I]
    I must warn you, that I, as a dog, will have an edge.

... but I reckon you'll be able to hold your own too, being a piranha and all.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I must warn you, that I, as a dog, will have an edge.

... but I reckon you'll be able to hold your own too, being a piranha and all.
    I haven't killed a cow in twenty seconds lately. I'm due for some practice.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code