User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

Results 151 to 160 of 293

  1. #151
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    Thats from me failing to understand abuse heart, forgive me.

    I usually think of a child being abused because he or she is misunderstood. Introverts are usually misunderstood. See how I made the connection? But you are most certainly right, and I am more than happy to adjust my view of abuse because of that.
    Children are usually abused because their parents are too immature in their own development to handle the stress of parenthood and adult responsiblity. They seek a scapegoat to vent their rage and frustration on. Also poor boundary development on the part of the parent can lead to emotional or physical incest as well. The parent has trouble differentiating the child from their own body. The child is seem as a mere projection of the parent. But any child that is abused will feel misunderstood, even the extroverts I would think.

  2. #152
    soft and silky sarah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    isfp
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    All I was saying is that when people spew the same thing at you over and over it wastes your life--sarah wants people to either come up with new jokes or stop repping her things she's heard 10 billion times as an SF on a board filled with NTs.

    ! !

    And I fell off your damn soap. It was slippery.

    Actualy, I hadn't meant to maek this a thread just about me. I'm sick of all the lame, repetitive insults lobbed at all the other types too.

    Basically, here's what I wanted to say in a nutshell:

    • witty constructive criticism = good (even if painful)
    • recycling lame jokes that were never funny to begin with = boring and annoying.
    • mean-spirited comments said just because the poster likes being mean = pointless and hurtful to some people
    • thinking about how your comments may be received by the person you're replying to = a wise move


    There. Is that so bad, everyone?

    Sarah

  3. #153
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I dont know, but I think a persons personality is there from birth. You can just beat an extroverted person that much, so that he becomes an unhealthy introvert that perceives life at an extrovert standard and is in need of a person afterwards to show him who he really is.
    Yes, social anxiety not the same as introversion.

    I think personality is inborn. But that's just my opinion.
    I do too.

    I would raise my child to the best of my knowledge and I would never beat him or her. I havent got the temperament needed for that.

    My father today, being a great man, has told me that he had beaten me too much. I firstly was surprised about it, because I never thought that he had. What means I have forgotten about it. But he had, he could have talked to me about most of the things instead of beating, I would've listened.

    But what the heck, I feel good. I am an alcoholic nowadays and got serious emotional problems. What do you want to have more ?! Besides a perfectly normal human being

  4. #154
    soft and silky sarah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    isfp
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I get such comments frequently, uh Fi isn't exactly everyone's personal favorite nor is INFP... and I agreed with her, so am not sure your counterpoint really invalidates her opinion.

    Yeah, okay, heart, I get your point. I'm not much fun on this list. Sorry.

    Sarah

  5. #155
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    I'm just curious.

    If Sarah changed her type code from SF to NT without any change in her personality or posting style, would anybody be bothering her?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  6. #156
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Well since you insist!
    Psssht. Lame. That's not type-specific. Everybody sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Bet you baked brownies this weekend and have 200 count, 100 % cotton sateen sheets! (okay, that's the best ISFP stereotype I can do at the moment)
    Baked? Me? I did actually use the oven this morning. I re-heated the Pizza Hut pizza and wings I got delivered last night. The wings got stuck to the aluminum foil and had a layer of burnt foil on them that I had to cut off with a knife before I ate them.

    I just checked the sheet I currently have over my legs and it's 60 cotton, 40 poly. It's a Batman sheet.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  7. #157
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Yeah, okay, heart, I get your point. I'm not much fun on this list. Sorry.

    Sarah
    That wasn't my point.

  8. #158
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I dont know, but I think a persons personality is there from birth. You can just beat an extroverted person that much, so that he becomes an unhealthy introvert that perceives life at an extrovert standard and is in need of a person afterwards to show him who he really is.

    I think personality is inborn. But that's just my opinion.

    I would raise my child to the best of my knowledge and I would never beat him or her. I havent got the temperament needed for that.

    My father today, being a great man, has told me that he had beaten me too much. I firstly was surprised about it, because I never thought that he had. What means I have forgotten about it. But he had, he could have talked to me about most of the things instead of beating, I would've listened.

    But what the heck, I feel good. I am an alcoholic nowadays and got serious emotional problems. What do you want to have more ?! Besides a perfectly normal human being
    Given all that you've endured you don't appear mean spirited at all to me. I say appear because we only see what you allow us to see. As for the drinking, well we all have things that get us through. Just keep an eye out for your liver[QUOTE].
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Psssht. Lame. That's not type-specific. Everybody sucks!
    This is true, but more importantly who is the sucker and who is the suckee? I need more information/entertainment plz.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  9. #159
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Jeffster? Will you please describe your legs to me? In detail?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

  10. #160
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Maybe we should start an abused kid's club on some thread. . .

    Edit: See, I probably wouldn't have made that lewd remark to Jeffster (or suggested that Peguy become a priest) if I hadn't been abused.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] What types are your family and friends?
    By Urchin in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 987
    Last Post: 12-08-2017, 07:04 PM
  2. [MBTItm] NF, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?
    By SquirrelTao in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 08-27-2017, 05:28 PM
  3. present an argument as to why you are your type
    By Grayscale in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 09:48 PM
  4. So, are you really your type, or do you wish you were your type???
    By SillySapienne in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 10:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO