User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    Verbally abusing your child might increase the chances.
    Haha, noo you are right. I better forget about the whole child idea
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

heart on fire

But on that topic, do you know any extraverts who were abused?
    Yes, I know two ESTP who were. One was quiet and suffered with extreme social anxiety until reached his late teens then blossomed into his true extroverted self.

MBTI
    INFP

I had an abusive childhood and the positive thing I learned from it was that I have the responsibility to take care of myself, something I shouldn't have had to do, and couldn't, as a child.

Humorously saying that I was probably abused BECAUSE I was an INFP, rather than that it turned me into one!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

But on that topic, do you know any extraverts who were abused?
    Well I guess I wont beat my child that much, like I was beaten, when being a child. Guess it pretty much depends on the Point of View you look at it from.

I learned my dad's ISTP view very good and I think he is right about those things that a child HAS to be beaten, to become normal.

But I think that is one of the reasons I better never have childs. I do not have the stones to beat people who are weaker than me. My child probably is going to dance on his dads nose.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Yes, I know two ESTP who were. One was quiet and suffered with extreme social anxiety until reached his late teens then blossomed into his true extroverted self.
    How interesting.. I usually think being abused would be an introverts thing.. but an ESTP?

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I had an abusive childhood and the positive thing I learned from it was that I have the responsibility to take care of myself, something I shouldn't have had to do, and couldn't, as a child.

Humorously saying that I was probably abused BECAUSE I was an INFP, rather than that it turned me into one!
    Anja I didn't know!!

MBTI
    INFP

That's sooovery Northern European of you Entropie. Beat a kid for his own good. . .
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ESTJ

AHHH entropie too?? hug fest!

But I don't agree that children need to be beaten...thats silly.

heart on fire

How interesting.. I usually think being abused would be an introverts thing.. but an ESTP?
    I'm curious how a child's preference for introversion or extroversion would affect how abusive the parent would be. Parents abuse children because of their own issues and failings not the child's. The child comes into a pre-existing situation.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Thats from me failing to understand abuse heart, forgive me.

I usually think of a child being abused because he or she is misunderstood. Introverts are usually misunderstood. See how I made the connection? But you are most certainly right, and I am more than happy to adjust my view of abuse because of that.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I'm curious how a child's preference for introversion or extroversion would affect how abusive the parent would be. Parents abuse children because of their own issues and failings not the child's. The child comes into a pre-existing situation.
    I dont know, but I think a persons personality is there from birth. You can just beat an extroverted person that much, so that he becomes an unhealthy introvert that perceives life at an extrovert standard and is in need of a person afterwards to show him who he really is.

I think personality is inborn. But that's just my opinion.

I would raise my child to the best of my knowledge and I would never beat him or her. I havent got the temperament needed for that.

My father today, being a great man, has told me that he had beaten me too much. I firstly was surprised about it, because I never thought that he had. What means I have forgotten about it. But he had, he could have talked to me about most of the things instead of beating, I would've listened.

But what the heck, I feel good. I am an alcoholic nowadays and got serious emotional problems. What do you want to have more ?! Besides a perfectly normal human being