• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What does it mean if you don't remember your dreams (while asleep)?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
That's scary.

People tell me that I make weird movements and noises when I'm in sleep paralysis, so I wonder what your class thought.

It was very scary.

Eh, I used to have weird hypnic twitches while I was more or less awake all the time... then I tried to get more sleep, and most of them went away.

Bufo

MBTI Type
onto
Enneagram
5w4
Possibly:

Those dreams are not unusual/unexpected.

And/or, you ignore your desires (which you are well aware of) consciously.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
It was very scary.

Eh, I used to have weird hypnic twitches while I was more or less awake all the time... then I tried to get more sleep, and most of them went away.

Heh, I used to get those too. At least I think so...I would have this weird tick in my eyelids all day. It went away when I got more sleep. Don't know if that's what you were referring to, though.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Heh, I used to get those too. At least I think so...I would have this weird tick in my eyelids all day. It went away when I got more sleep. Don't know if that's what you were referring to, though.

Nah, this isn't like that...

Okay, it's like, as you're falling asleep, your whole body twitches very suddenly and then you're wide awake. Apparently it's something like back when primates were still monkeys if you relaxed too much you'd fall out of your tree.

I freaked a few people out with that. LOL.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you think it means from a cognitive standpoint (not necessarily Jung) when people don't remember their dreams while asleep?
From what I understand of it, it means that you are not likely to wake during the REM portion of the sleep cycle. Remembering dreams has to do with the timing of when you wake up. Perhaps lighter sleepers remember more dreams? I should go look up links on the web. Perhaps later.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Nah, this isn't like that...

Okay, it's like, as you're falling asleep, your whole body twitches very suddenly and then you're wide awake. Apparently it's something like back when primates were still monkeys if you relaxed too much you'd fall out of your tree.

I freaked a few people out with that. LOL.

Ah, I've had something like that before. Not too often, though, and not recently. Interesting.

I can imagine that it would freak people out.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
You can remember your dreams if you ask yourself to remember them. Before you go to sleep, close your eyes and picture yourself waking up in the middle of a dream. Have pen and paper ready to write down what you remember because if you are like me you might not even remember waking in the middle of the night. Say to yourself, "I will rememeber my dreams tonight", and then picture yourself remembering a dream.

This also works for waking up in the morning without an alarm clock. I used to picture myself jumping out of bed at exactly 8am. I would literally jump out of bed and find my self standing up at exactly the time I asked of myself without an alarm clock. It's scary how well that works. I stopped doing it because I would always just get back into bed and I never quite figured out how to work my snooze button.

When you are asleep it's reasonable to assume your concious mind is also alseep. There is a state of conciousness that seems to be between wake and sleep. If you've ever had a lucid dream you know what I'm taking about. I think REM sleep (dream sleep) occurs in that somewhere in-between region of conciousness.