• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Teh lol.

Does YourLocalJesus have asperger syndrome?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Other (write)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Never had any trouble with that either... Maybe just getting it out in the "right" way so that others understand it.

I was just doing a Google search and looked up some articles about parents with AS/HFA children. The majority of these parents wrote that their children are highly imaginative and creative.

And there are plenty of "normal" children with a complete lack of imagination.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can imagine a lot of things well, but I cannot imagine faces, no matter how hard I try. So I marked no. Kind of makes me wonder, though. Can anyone else actually imagine fresh, new faces?

Personally, I don't like reading fiction precisely because I have trouble imagining things by looking at words.

But if I see an external image that I'm drawn to or if I read about some rare and bizarre creature in a science textbook or something unusual like that, then I start creating a story or a scene revolving around it, or maybe implement elements of it into another project I put on the back burner. But I don't really imagine the detailed description as much as I imagine the idea I connected it to. Weave it into a story or new concept and the like.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Well, the reason I asked is because apparently facial recognition is special in humans or something.

I have problem imagining build, hairstyle, clothing, or even details about hands and stuff, but as soon as I start getting 'hooked nose' and 'wide eyes,' there's nothing there.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One thing that really threw me off on that Aspergers test was imagining what characters look like in stories.

I can imagine a lot of things well, but I cannot imagine faces, no matter how hard I try. So I marked no. Kind of makes me wonder, though. Can anyone else actually imagine fresh, new faces?

Hrmm, I can.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The biggest no-sayer fact, in my opinion, is that the PDF that you, hirsch, linked to says that people with aspergers generally suffer from lack of imagination... I surely don't. I've got too much of it, to say the least.

They have an incredible imagination. My little brother used to get lost in imaginary worlds and play fighting as a child to excess. That was the first clue when we realized something was off. Once he was imaginary playing, it took something drastic to snap him out of his reverie.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Faces all look the same, though.

Can you imagine a human nose before you know what a human nose is or looks like?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have problem imagining build, hairstyle, clothing, or even details about hands and stuff, but as soon as I start getting 'hooked nose' and 'wide eyes,' there's nothing there.

Cliches are evil.

I learned about cliches in my creative writing class several years ago.

If you say something like, "Her eyes were as blue as the Pacific," you can't picture it because the Pacific-being-blue analogy is so overused. On the other hand, if you write it as, "Her eyes were as blue as toilet bowl cleaner," then you have a better picture of what her eyes look like.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Cliches are evil.

I learned about cliches in my creative writing class several years ago.

If you say something like, "Her eyes were as blue as the Pacific," you can't picture it because the Pacific-being-blue analogy is so overused. On the other hand, if you write it as, "Her eyes were as blue as toilet bowl cleaner," then you have a better picture of what her eyes look like.

You... are completely missing my point.

And for the record, I've heard 'her eyes were as blue as toilet bowl cleaner' much more often than 'her eyes were as blue as the pacific.'

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you need some degree of sensory stimuli as a starting off point to be able to imagine anything.

And for the record, I've heard 'her eyes were as blue as toilet bowl cleaner' much more often than 'her eyes were as blue as the pacific.'

What books did you read? (Serious question.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eh... more in songs. Though I can't remember which ones.

Also, amateur fiction.

Oh, okay. I was assuming the dull classical literature they make you read in school precisely to keep you uninterested in the activity over the long haul.