User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does YourLocalJesus have asperger syndrome?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    1 20.00%
  • No

    4 80.00%
  • Other (write)

    0 0%
First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Teh lol.

  1. #21
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Never had any trouble with that either... Maybe just getting it out in the "right" way so that others understand it.
    I was just doing a Google search and looked up some articles about parents with AS/HFA children. The majority of these parents wrote that their children are highly imaginative and creative.

    And there are plenty of "normal" children with a complete lack of imagination.

  2. #22
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I can imagine a lot of things well, but I cannot imagine faces, no matter how hard I try. So I marked no. Kind of makes me wonder, though. Can anyone else actually imagine fresh, new faces?
    Personally, I don't like reading fiction precisely because I have trouble imagining things by looking at words.

    But if I see an external image that I'm drawn to or if I read about some rare and bizarre creature in a science textbook or something unusual like that, then I start creating a story or a scene revolving around it, or maybe implement elements of it into another project I put on the back burner. But I don't really imagine the detailed description as much as I imagine the idea I connected it to. Weave it into a story or new concept and the like.

  3. #23
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Well, the reason I asked is because apparently facial recognition is special in humans or something.

    I have problem imagining build, hairstyle, clothing, or even details about hands and stuff, but as soon as I start getting 'hooked nose' and 'wide eyes,' there's nothing there.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    One thing that really threw me off on that Aspergers test was imagining what characters look like in stories.

    I can imagine a lot of things well, but I cannot imagine faces, no matter how hard I try. So I marked no. Kind of makes me wonder, though. Can anyone else actually imagine fresh, new faces?
    Hrmm, I can.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    The biggest no-sayer fact, in my opinion, is that the PDF that you, hirsch, linked to says that people with aspergers generally suffer from lack of imagination... I surely don't. I've got too much of it, to say the least.
    They have an incredible imagination. My little brother used to get lost in imaginary worlds and play fighting as a child to excess. That was the first clue when we realized something was off. Once he was imaginary playing, it took something drastic to snap him out of his reverie.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  6. #26
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Faces all look the same, though.

    Can you imagine a human nose before you know what a human nose is or looks like?

  7. #27
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I have problem imagining build, hairstyle, clothing, or even details about hands and stuff, but as soon as I start getting 'hooked nose' and 'wide eyes,' there's nothing there.
    Cliches are evil.

    I learned about cliches in my creative writing class several years ago.

    If you say something like, "Her eyes were as blue as the Pacific," you can't picture it because the Pacific-being-blue analogy is so overused. On the other hand, if you write it as, "Her eyes were as blue as toilet bowl cleaner," then you have a better picture of what her eyes look like.

  8. #28
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Cliches are evil.

    I learned about cliches in my creative writing class several years ago.

    If you say something like, "Her eyes were as blue as the Pacific," you can't picture it because the Pacific-being-blue analogy is so overused. On the other hand, if you write it as, "Her eyes were as blue as toilet bowl cleaner," then you have a better picture of what her eyes look like.
    You... are completely missing my point.

    And for the record, I've heard 'her eyes were as blue as toilet bowl cleaner' much more often than 'her eyes were as blue as the pacific.'
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  9. #29
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    I think you need some degree of sensory stimuli as a starting off point to be able to imagine anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    And for the record, I've heard 'her eyes were as blue as toilet bowl cleaner' much more often than 'her eyes were as blue as the pacific.'
    What books did you read? (Serious question.)

  10. #30
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    What books did you read? (Serious question.)
    Eh... more in songs. Though I can't remember which ones.

    Also, amateur fiction.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Similar Threads

  1. Now you can "lol" anything with lolcat builder!
    By Tigerlily in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 02:05 PM
  2. I'm a total n00b lol
    By machintruc in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 02:01 PM
  3. Monkeys sexually harassing women? (no, not dating lol)
    By Sahara in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 12:19 PM
  4. Ninja Warrior! It's Like A Real Live Ninja Camp,lol.
    By ladypinkington in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 01:31 PM
  5. LOL
    By ferunandesu in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 04:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO