First 567

Permabanned
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP

I get flirtatious, but never friendly. Oddly, I am usually cool with everyone.

I do not even like hugging or shaking hands.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    How friendly are you? If you aren't as friendly as you or others might like, why do you think that is?

When does friendliness and agreeableness become disingenuous or just too much?

I think I make a decent effort to be friendly, but if I can't sense some kind of connection with someone on some level, I often find it disingenuous and insincere to try and force one, and I often just have no real motivation to do it.

If I'm in the same situation as someone or we are both doing something together actively, it's a lot easier.

friendliness
    noun
    1. a feeling of liking for another person; enjoyment in their company [ant: unfriendliness]

insincere
    –adjective
    not sincere; not honest in the expression of actual feeling; hypocritical.

disingenuous
    adjective
    not straightforward or candid; giving a false appearance of frankness; "an ambitious, disingenuous, philistine, and hypocritical operator, who...exemplified...the most disagreeable traits of his time"- David Cannadine; "a disingenuous excuse" [ant: artless]
    I have always been very friendly.
    And for the most part I have always acted according to my feelings,
    iow, if I don't feel friendly toward you, I'm not going to pretend I do,
    so I don't remember ever feeling disingenuous.

Being friendly is something I do because I know what it feels like to be an outcast.
    I also know what it feels like to feel alone.
    Consequently, I am more likely to befriend someone who is alone and has no friends,
    than someone who already has friends.
    But that's probably weird for an INTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Not friendly at all, but I don't make it an issue if someone starts a conversation with me. There's only one person I'm interested enough in to care about what they have to say. She's my wife. Who else would I need?
    ...doesn't work or play well with others...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Extremely.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Hm, me personally I am being very friendly, even to People I just go to know (unless they have some "weird Aura" around themselves). If People are polite, I will stay nice; if they get all bitchy and whatever else, I will stop pretty "soon" with being nice. At least as long as they behave like that.

I guess a few Times me being nice also "scared People away", because they did mistake it with something else. But even if I am an INTJ and should be more of an Ass or so, I can't exactly fight my Genes sometimes. We Italians just tend to be all kind-hearted (unless you screw it up with us )
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

Not very?
    I often realize much later that someone was trying to be friendly with me, and I totally ignored them or wasn't so nice.
    I have to purposely remember to ask others how they are in response to asking how I am.
    Other people do seem to like my humor and that is the only thing that helps to give me a friendly seeming appearance.

I have to say not being friendly is following who I am for the most part. It isn't personal to anyone ...but I am extra unfriendly when confronted with morons and generally incompetent people.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm not unfriendly (until I find lack of intelligence/excess of jerkness). But I'm also too shy and reserved when I don't know very well someone (or very deffensive if that person intimidates me), so people just think that I don't like them or I'm not interested.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

MBTI
    INxJ

I guess I'm not very friendly since I don't genuinely like most people I have to talk to on a daily basis. I don't dislike them either. I'm rather neutral. Yet, I do try and be polite when it's in my favor to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I guess I'm not very friendly since I don't genuinely like most people I have to talk to on a daily basis. I don't dislike them either. I'm rather neutral. Yet, I do try and be polite when it's in my favor to do so.
    Exactly the same.