User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

there is no medium or art or science or whatever that is specifically N preference. my friend is an ISFJ and an EXCELLENT artist. my other friend is an ISTJ and an excellent musician. and ive heard of plenty particle physicists that prefer ISTJ or XSTJ in general. you cannot pinpoint type to certain music or certain art forms, or even occupations. it is not what we enjoy it is why we enjoy it. by enjoy i mean appreciate or really any other words that fit in there.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Turning your ideas into something physical ? Dont just encourage those people
    "Art" is so subjective

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    there is no medium or art or science or whatever that is specifically N preference. my friend is an ISFJ and an EXCELLENT artist. my other friend is an ISTJ and an excellent musician. and ive heard of plenty particle physicists that prefer ISTJ or XSTJ in general. you cannot pinpoint type to certain music or certain art forms, or even occupations. it is not what we enjoy it is why we enjoy it. by enjoy i mean appreciate or really any other words that fit in there.
    Bingo! Thank you, that's exactly what I was trying to say. (only it apparently took me three pages of wordiness to get there...)

Sarah
    ISFP

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Bingo! Thank you, that's exactly what I was trying to say. (only it apparently took me three pages of wordiness to get there...)

Sarah
    ISFP
    welcome glad you made the thread. this is something everyone should understand about MBTI

EDIT:

this is my 666th post...dun dun DUNNN
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I have long argued this.

Thanks, sarah.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I don't see the correlation between intuition and art at all... I thought craftsmanship wasn't generally for intuitives. The only art I'm any good at is writing. English is somewhat of a mother language for me, but not in the way swedish is, since I've lived almost my entire life here.

I can't paint, I can't sing, I can't play, I can't do sculptures... In fact, I am not very artistic. But I've got a pretty good imagination

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Fine art does NOT require "N" preference....
    YES IT DOES.

Jealous SPs ...

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    YES IT DOES.

Jealous SPs ...

What SP would bother feeling jealous of somebody's silly beliefs about our capabilities when we're too busy creating art instead?

By the way, I hope I haven't been misread as implying that people who prefer intuition can not also create art as well. I simply think it's obvious that the interest and drive to create works of art, like so many other pursuits in life, is not related to type. Like mlittrell said, people get into activities for all sorts of reasons, and it's the reasons rather than the activity itself that tends to reflect people's type. Are you a fine artist, Nihilen? Do you mind me asking if you make a living off of your art?

Sarah
    ISFP

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    yeah, well pretend I am not there, I do that all the time
    Haha what a loser, getting ignored all over the place! I see you there! Can't hide your loser-ness from me!

On topic. I think it would be interesting to give an MBTI to a bunch of artists and see what happens. Course, even within a single type, people can be drawn to producing different types of things. I'm an N, but I'm highly stimulated by certain color combinations, and so the crafting I like to do usually centers on making the most interesting, aesthetically pleasing color combinations I can. People are all over the board. This is just an idea of mine, but I always figure that, yes, people's art preferences may be influenced by their observable personality traits, but art is also often about expressing or exploring hidden thoughts, emotions or inspirations. Art could be representative of personality, or it could be a subversion of observed personality. I don't see any reason why it'd be assumed that N's predominate fine art either.
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    What SP would bother feeling jealous of somebody's silly beliefs about our capabilities when we're too busy creating art instead?
    I have to see it to believe it.

And art must be art, not some Hollywood actor or crappy graphic designer or some craftsman.

Are you a fine artist, Nihilen? Do you mind me asking if you make a living off of your art?

Sarah
    ISFP
    How is that relevant to anything ? You know Van Gogh [He painted my avatar] could not really make a living off his art.