User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    LOL!!!

Are you being serious?!!??

I thought about art in relation to the S and N preferences and creative writing/poetry were the *only* art forms I could think of that may favor an N preference.

I retract my original statement as I probably have a biased view on the matter, (having primarily sought out N fiction writers' work in the past).

And, dude, calm down!!!

I may be a lot of things but S biased I am not.

I thoroughly do not appreciate you accusing me of being something that I am not.

I would definitely say that there are a number of really brilliant authors and poets who prefer Intuition and who convey their worldview and ideas in a way that really inspires me and touches me deeply, but there are also plenty of authors who prefer Sensing and who write fiction that is full of lush sensory detail and entertaining plot twists.

Among my favorite books of all time, I could list Man's Search for Meaning, by the NF author Viktor Frankl, and yet I'm also hugely entertained by SP author James Herriot's All Creatures Great and Small and the sequels. Hey, I like variety, you know?

Sarah
    ISFP

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    I find it more than a bit laughable that somebody suggested N=fine art. Where did you read/hear/see this?

Like I said, I think it's better not to name individuals on this forum in order to highlight both them and their posts as bad examples. Tends to create friction.
    Hopefully they'll see this thread and gain a bit of a new perspective.

Sarah
    ISFP

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Like I said, I think it's better not to name individuals on this forum in order to highlight both them and their posts as bad examples. Tends to create friction, you know? They know who they are.

Sarah
    ISFP
    You should paint a picture of them and then create voodoo dolls in their image
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I retract my original statement as I probably have a biased view on the matter, (having primarily sought out N fiction writers' work in the past).

I may be a lot of things but S biased I am not.
    Contradictory?

And, dude, calm down!!!
    I'm very calm, just pointing out that I think there are very few things (maybe none) that require an N preference.

Favour and require mean very different things.

Also there is no relation between preference and ability.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    I would definitely say that there are a number of really brilliant authors and poets who prefer Intuition and who convey their worldview and ideas in a way that really inspires me and touches me deeply, but there are also plenty of authors who prefer Sensing and who write fiction that is full of lush sensory detail and entertaining plot twists.

Among my favorite books of all time, I could list Man's Search for Meaning, by the NF author Viktor Frankl, and yet I'm also hugely entertained by SP author James Herriot's All Creatures Great and Small and the sequels. Hey, I like variety, you know?

Sarah
    ISFP
    Variety is the spice of life. So I think you make a great point.

Man's Search for Meaning is one of my favorite books.

And I've never heard of James Herriot, so perhaps I'll have to check him out. Also, wasn't Hemingway an SP?!!?!? I absolutely love Hemingway.

And I apologize if anything I stated came off as offensive, I didn't mean for it to come off as such, after all, I hardly know jack shit about typology so really, any of my layman opinions on the matter should be discarded.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    You should paint a picture of them and then create voodoo dolls in their image
    Hee! I content myself with thinking that if I asked them to explain their reasoning, that would be a real challenge, as there doesn't seem to BE any reasoning behind what they believe.

Sarah
    ISFP

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Intuition and Sensing has nothing to do with the ability to produce art... be it visual art or written. All it affects is the direction to your art. An N artist will produce art of a different style than a S artist.

There's also different sorts of creativity and intelligence. To be able to condense ideas and to produce art on paper requires one to visualize the details. The translation of thought into reality is no less creative than the original idea.

Thank you Sarah for bringing this up.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Contradictory?

I'm very calm, just pointing out that I think there are very few things (maybe none) that require an N preference.

Favour and require mean very different things.

Also there is no relation between preference and ability.

ZOMG!?!>?!?!?!?

I wrote that I had a biased view, as in a skewed one, because having read primarily N-type authors I mistakenly projected that *all* fiction writers tended to be N-types.

I wasn't being biased AGAINST S-TYPES!!!

Also, I wrote required, (which I hesitated to), because I was following suit with Sarah's jargon, (in her title).

Though, ultimately, it was a foolish mistake for me to erroneously use that word, and I am sorry if I offended you.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sarah, you are full of awesome.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    isfp

Variety is the spice of life. So I think you make a great point.

Man's Search for Meaning is one of my favorite books.

And I've never heard of James Herriot, so perhaps I'll have to check him out. Also, wasn't Hemingway an SP?!!?!? I absolutely love Hemingway.

Herriot was a vet in Yorkshire, England, during the early to mid 20th century. He took up writing later in life and made a huge success of it. His books are a series of anecdotes about the daily life of a country vet in rural England during the 1930s - 50s time period. They're very earthy, full of oddball characters and sensory detail, and occasionally ribald (but not in an icky way), and the stories are very laugh-out-loud funny, IMO.

I like Hemingway too.

Sarah
    ISFP