MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    AP Gay Agenda And How To Turn Unsuspecting Straight People Gay
    Hmmm, I wonder if that would qualify as a "terrorist attack" nowadays.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Hey, that makes me remember that I read once that some people believed muslims were preparing some kind of biological attack (antrax-like) that would make people gay.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post
    Hey, that makes me remember that I read once that some people believed muslims were preparing some kind of biological attack (antrax-like) that would make people gay.
    Lol, you're right, I had totally forgotten about that!

Quote Originally Posted by ENTJ Extraordinaire View Post
    however, i do find it a difficult concept to grasp, the idea of Genetic Sexuality...*sigh* it doesn't seem like a predetermined thing to me, but something you develop...i guess...BAH I DON'T KNOW! such a hard topic to decide on! it guess it has to be a genetic thing, coz for the most part, it seems predetermined!
    As far as having homosexual feelings goes, that is definitely not a choice. (The social stigma is so enormous, still, in many ways that the feelings need to be intense to run counter to social norms or to leave one feeling so miserable when one does not express them.)

With issues like this, there is no yet proven genetic pathway, and it's probably a combination of genetics working together that then leave one open to some environment influences as well. Many people share the same social/family experiences homosexuals do growing up, but never end up experiencing a gay sexual preference.

Even with the "ex-gays," from the surveys done later with them, the preferences still exist; usually what they learn to do is control the behavior and expression of the preferences, but the preferences don't really seem to disappear or completely flip over. Some become celibate, which to me also shows the preferences have not changed but only the behavior. it's also hard to determine whether someone is "gay" or just "bi," in a situation where they seem to adjust well to a "straight" life.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post
    They already have that, it's called a Barbara Streisand record.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ha ha, you mean, no "double buddy system" just to avoid the insinuation?
    What about two buddies putting an empty seat between them at the cinema? How pathetic is that? As if the rest of us cinema-goers even care.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    What about two buddies putting an empty seat between them at the cinema? How pathetic is that? As if the rest of us cinema-goers even care.
    You should study instinctive male urinal etiquette, it's definitely along the same lines.

MBTI
    istp

i have a childhood friend who i found out was gay about a year ago... it was interesting because he always had a lot of female friends, but it never seemed like he had a physical attraction to men. considering that, ive wondered if the only reason he decided to identify himself as gay was because his interaction with the females around him was never sexual in nature. apparently he has a boyfriend but i always wondered if that was how it started.

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    i have a childhood friend who i found out was gay about a year ago... it was interesting because he always had a lot of female friends, but it never seemed like he had a physical attraction to men. considering that, ive wondered if the only reason he decided to identify himself as gay was because his interaction with the females around him was never sexual in nature. apparently he has a boyfriend but i always wondered if that was how it started.
    How would you tell if he had a physical attraction to men? With me it's kinda obvious in the way I smile at them, but it might not be so with some.

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    How would you tell if he had a physical attraction to men? With me it's kinda obvious in the way I smile at them, but it might not be so with some.
    when we were growing up there was never any sort of awkwardness between him and any of his other male friends and myself. it was so long ago its hard to say for sure, but i remember him expressing physical attraction towards women on a few occasions... he was always a little fruity but if anything i considered him a lucky guy to have so many female friends. i just wondered if he had really been hiding a physical attraction towards men or if he psychologically created that due to his relation to females.