User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Perception of two groups

I'm going to describe what I feel like when I'm around the following two groups of people. I want you to guess which two groups these are.

Group "A":

I feel relatively comfortable talking to these people. Conversation flows easily, and we can generally talk about anything and everything that comes to mind. When something is bothering me, they generally notice, and help me feel better about it. In return, I generally notice when something is wrong with them, and they appreciate my concern. If they happen to say something that I take personally, and then I get angry, say something spiteful, then turn around and apologize, they'll quickly forgive me and continue the conversation. Many of them are intelligent enough to understand the things I talk about, but even the ones that aren't as intelligent generally know what I need to hear, and can often tell exactly what I'm worried about. Many of them admit to having worried about the same things. They generally don't make me nervous or uncomfortable in the least, and often help me feel relaxed and at ease, especially if I know them well.

Group "B":

Most of these people make me feel a bit nervous and intimidated. I can usually talk about very basic things, but I'm so nervous that I don't sound as intelligent as normal. Also, they often accuse me of talking too much, or talking too fast, as if they were computers with very poor voice recognition software. If I try to discuss anything much deeper than the superficial, they seem to be repulsed. If they do anything that offends me, and I show signs of it, they get weirded out, and either threaten me, or go away from me in disgust. Most of the time if I'm discussing something, they get confused if I don't explictly and pedantically explain every step of where I'm going with something, and can't seem to pick up on the "flow." By the time I'm halfway through, they're bored. Some of them are more intelligent, but I have to careful only to discuss neutral topics with them, such as computing, because otherwise they'll feel nervous. A very few of them actually are perfectly nice, and my discomfort lessens the longer I know them, but there's always something about them that makes me a little tense.

What do you think these two groups are?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Group "A": Friends, boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse, probably family.

Group "B": Other friends, probably family, co-workers.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I was going to make up silly answers (like Democrat and Republican) but decided against it.

Do we get any choices to pick from? Is it a trick question? Are you referring to any MBTI type groups here?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm going to guess that A is intuitives and B is sensors.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I was going to make up silly answers (like Democrat and Republican) but decided against it.

Do we get any choices to pick from? Is it a trick question? Are you referring to any MBTI type groups here?
    Well, I don't really want to provide choices, because I don't want to bias people. I want to see if other people perceive these two groups the same way I do without being prompted.

It is not a trick question, I'm actually trying to find something out.

If I were referring to any MBTI types, I would have posted it in the "MBTI, Enneagram, and other personality matrices" section. This refers to two groups of people that exist in real life, but I suppose it is possible that Intuition was more common among the members of group A that I've encountered than among the members of group B.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'm going to guess that A is intuitives and B is sensors.
    I was thinking along those lines in relation to MB.

A = NFs
    B = Sensors.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Group "A": Friends, boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse, probably family.

Group "B": Other friends, probably family, co-workers.
    My thoughts exactly (A=good friends, B=family/coworkers/aquaintances). Which group family would be in depends on your relationship with them I guess...for me it would be Group B anyway.

EDIT: or, group A could be opposite-sex, group B could be same-sex. Or vice-versa, I suppose.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    If I were referring to any MBTI types, I would have posted it in the "MBTI, Enneagram, and other personality matrices" section. This refers to two groups of people that exist in real life, but I suppose it is possible that Intuition was more common among the members of group A that I've encountered than among the members of group B.
    Oh, okay, cool -- thank you.

Aside from the answers that others have provided (Family vs Friends, etc.), I would say more generally that Group A is "People who you actually have stable relationships with" vs Group B being "People who are personally very insecure and whom you can't build relationships with at this time."

The individual maturity level of the Group A people is heaps above Group B. The Group B people are very self-absorbed in the sense that they're always thinking about everything in terms of how it impacts/threatens themselves instead of empathizing with how others might be viewing and experiencing things. Group A people don't seem worried about protecting themselves so much and can empathize much more easily with others.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Group A

INFP INTP INTJ INFJ ENFP ENTP ENTJ ENFJ

Group B

ESTJ ESFJ ESFP ESTP ISTJ ISFJ ISFP ISTP

I have a few random guesses…

A = people around your age or younger.
    B = people significantly older than you.

A = people you are in company of during a similar activity, job, or position.
    B = people you need to ‘step up to’ because of a difference in authority, or position.

A = intuitive perceivers
    B = everybody else (?)

"A want fastened, wants annihilation."