• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Challenges 6 and 7, Season 1: The Arcade Challenges

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Challenges 6 and 7, Season 1: The Arcade Challenges

You may have noticed that an arcade has recently been installed. The scores that have been racked up so far will be reset shortly for these last two challenges. The challenges will be run concurrently and last one week.

* The team with the highest combined cumulative arcade scores at the end of a week will win Challenge 6.
* The team with the most highscore trophies in the individual games at the end of a week will win Challenge 7.

These challenges will end on Sunday, August 3 at 11pm Eastern time.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Haight just reset all of the scores, and now everything is ready to go.

Unfortunately, it won't reset my scores (maybe because I'm a mod), so whatever I've played up to this date won't count.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Actually, it's impossible to erase all of the high scores, not just mine. However, I suspect that all of those scores will fall. Regardless, it's probably fairly simple to calculate from the 28th and forward.

Let's get it on. . .

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I should tell my dad I won't be showing up to work this week.

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Can we have Didums on our team? Even if he doesn't want to play?

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm not sure I understand how Challenge 6 is calculated. Is it a matter of adding the high score of each player for each game? Like, if there are five arcade games and ten team members, it will be the sum of 50 different scores? Or is it the cumulative total of scores all week so that if I wanted to play 24/7 I'd do better than someone who played for a few hours just because I played more games?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Haight or NPG or file cabinet can explain it more fully, but if you click on Leaderboard it shows each player's overall score which is calculated somehow (I assume magic) by the software. These will be added together for each team. (And one of them will step up with their pimp hands if I'm wrong.)

MBTI Type
INTJ
What I'm getting at is, can somebody win by just playing the games 16 hours a day, or is it based on HIGH scores. Like if I play the game three times and score 100, 100 and 100, do I beat someone who plays it once and gets 200?

Sorry, my J hand is strong :)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

Where's the arcade?

:huh:

BTW, I have no problem being in 3rd 4th place right now, 'cause I just came back from a game night in the REAL world and I like, totally kicked ass at Taboo. So there.

:doh:

Found it.

You were purposely distracting me from looking at it. :whistling:

Last edited:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what do you do if someone that isn't on any team takes most of the trophies? :whistling:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Here is how the cumulative scores work, I think:

If you're 1st on a leader board for a particular game you get 10 points. If you're 2nd, you get 9, if you're 3rd you get 8 etc and if you're 10th then you get 1 point.

If you're not in the top 10 for a game, you get zero points. If someone moves ahead of you, your points are adjusted downwards (eg if you were 1st on the board for a particular game and had 10 points, then someone comes in and beats you, your score drops to 9 for that game). The leader board is a total of all your points across all the games.

I'll wait for the pimp hand correction if necessary, and thanks to bluebell for her systems analysis.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
I'm not sure I understand how Challenge 6 is calculated.

For each individual game, you can rank up points for your top 10 finishes. The goal of Challenge 6 is to rack up as many of these points as possible. Higher finishes earn you more points. The points system is:

10th Place = 1 point
9th = 2
8th = 3
7th = 4
6th = 5
5th = 6
4th = 7
3rd = 8
2nd = 9
1st Place = 10 Points

Does that help?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Ivy and Notta...that is a very clear explanation, thank you.

So to sum up:
Challenge 6 rewards landing in the top 10 in any particular game
Challenge 7 rewards only finishing first for a particular game

NoahFence

MBTI Type
INTP
I just got 36 and 45 on Addiction Solitaire, both times when I hit "send score" it showed up as 0. That = suck!

Didums

Can we have Didums on our team? Even if he doesn't want to play?

Muhahahaha! I'm a Lone Ranger!

*I'm a Cowboy... on a Steel Horse I Ride
I'm Wanted... Dead or Alive
Wanted... Dead or Alive*

I play for keeps.

MBTI Type
INTJ
EffEm Posits Another Annoying Scoring Question

I don't mean to be a pest, but I can just foresee the chaos coming after these challenges, especially since they're the last ones.

Everyone is free to play the games, not just Gauntlet participants. Which leads me to three questions:

1. Can we/should we/will we erase the scores posted by non-Gauntlet participants on Sunday night to aid in scoring?

If not...

2. With regard to Challenge 6, if non-Gauntlet gamers occupy positions in the top ten high scores for a game, will the top ten high scores by Gauntlet participants be ranked 1-10 and scored accordingly? Or will points only be awarded based on actual forum-wide rankings? In other words, if Didums (for example) has the high score for Asteroids, will nobody get a "10" for Asteroids, or will the highest scoring Gauntlet player get a "10"?

3. With regard to Challenge 7, if a non-Gauntlet gamer has the high score for a game on Sunday night, will the highest score by a Gauntlet participant be declared the winner or will a winner not be named at all for that game?

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I just got 36 and 45 on Addiction Solitaire, both times when I hit "send score" it showed up as 0. That = suck!

I suffered through the mind-numbingness of Yeti Pentathlon (for the second time - I'd played it once before on INTPc and ONLY once). I hit submit and it said I was 'just practising' and didn't submit my score. :cry: