• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Challenge 5, Season 1: Submission Thread

SPECTATORS ONLY

• Black

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Blue

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Green

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
As I understand it, it's basically just so no one can vote for their own team while also not requiring them to vote for another team.
What if your teams video IS the best video? Or, why not just continue with a single poll and implement this new voting rule (which I think is silly, by the way, but that's neither here nor there)? And, why have team-specific polls if voting for your team in those polls won't be counted?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Just trying something different, no need to publically berate me. :cry:

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
there's gotta be a better way to get people more involved. a lot of work goes into these challenges and if reg peeps aren't tuning in then it's just not inspiring.

I dunno. Your sentiment isn't true of everyone. There are definitely some people who participate because they personally find it enjoyable. I know that's why I signed up in the first place. . . not for the fame or forture. I just like creating things (or ideas if we don't actually submit anything) and getting amusement from them.

I also think that quite a few people view the entries though.

MBTI Type
INTJ
What if your teams video IS the best video?

Well, ideally that's the only time you'd vote for your own team. But I think we've seen some things that tell us this isn't what's happening. I think the point is that teams with a larger number of members (or active members) would have an advantage because of a few extra guaranteed votes. This way, at least the decision of what is best rests primarily with disinterested parties. Maybe it won't work, but I'm glad we're giving it a try. I think the last voting system was fatally flawed.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Well, ideally that's the only time you'd vote for your own team.
But you said that teams can't vote for their own team.

But I think we've seen some things that tell us this isn't what's happening. I think the point is that teams with a larger number of members (or active members) would have an advantage because of a few extra guaranteed votes. This way, at least the decision of what is best rests primarily with disinterested parties. Maybe it won't work, but I'm glad we're giving it a try. I think the last voting system was fatally flawed.
Well, three points:
a/ Then just disallow team members from voting. . . period.
b/ I'm not sure that your assumption for why it was "fatally flawed" is correct; but I'll check on that.
c/ I really don't care. I just didn't know how or where I was supposed to vote.
Which made me think that it's possible other folks were having the same problem.

heart

heart on fire
Can those of us on dial up possibly see a transcript of all the videos?

If not, no big deal.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Just trying something different, no need to publically berate me. :cry:
Oh damn. . . that was your idea? My bad.

After reconsidering the subtle beauty behind this idea, I'd like to apologize for my rude and horribly misplaced criticism. In other words. . . sorry.

And you misspelled "publicly." :run:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh damn. . . that was your idea? My bad.

After reconsidering the subtle beauty behind this idea, I'd like to apologize for my rude and horribly misplaced criticism. In other words. . . sorry.

And you misspelled "publicly." :run:

I'm sorry, I actually meant to say "pubicly."

Edit: Dirty minds think alike!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Can those of us on dial up possibly see a transcript of all the videos?

If not, no big deal.
Sure, here's our rough draft copy.

Pulp Fiction Breakfast Scene

Right, so SLJ, who will be called Mac from henceforth, comes in the room along with Travolta, who is Edahn.

Mac: Hey guys, no, don't get up, just keep chillin'. Put your feet up. Yeah, just like that. Well now, this is nice. We're here from the MBTIc admin team. You do remember posting on the forums, don't you?
BlueWing (guy at table): Um, yeah
Mac: Well, let me guess now... which one is BlueWing? You?
BW: Nods
Mac: I thought so. Now, we've been having some problems because of your kind comin' in and ranting on with all this existential angst bullshit, and now you've stolen something belonging to Ivy - now why would you wanna do that?
BW: Because... I had to
Mac: I bet you did. We all just do what we have to, ain't that right? Now tell me, do you know who I am?
BW: Uh, MacGuffin?
Mac: I'm MacGuffin. Right. You knew that all along and you didn't even offer me any refreshment as a guest in your house.
BW: Uh, I'm sorry, I...
Mac: You know what? That was so rude, I'm just gonna help myself here, you greasy motherfucker.
BW: I'm sorry, you threw me, you don't usually say so much in one go
Mac: It's an image thing. (takes bite of burger) Mm, that is one tasty burger. Just like my grandma used to make. Now she was a God fearing woman. You know my grandma?
BW: No
Travolta: Mac, everyone knows your grandma, she's a slut
Mac: You have to excuse my friend Edahn, he has authority issues.
BW: Listen, I don't know what this is about
Mac: Oh, you don't? Well, I'll be damned. All that work you make for me and you don't even have any idea why somebody be pissed with you. Amazing. Gimme some of that drink.
BW: Sure... uh, go ahead
Mac: (drinks, then looks at guy on sofa) You over there, you'd be - now who'd you be?
Marvin: that's Athenian, it was her idea!
Mac: I don't remember asking your ass, Wolf.
Sofadude: it wasn't me, BW put it in the closet over there
Travolta looks in closets
BW: Oh my god this is so embarrassing
Travolta: Jesus guys, what did you steal??
(incredulous looks all round)
Travolta: opens case, stares in confusion while Mac calls out guesses as to what's in there
Mac: Well what's in there?
Travolta: Ivy's underwear
BW: Listen guys, you gotta believe me, we were gonna give it back as soon as we'd finished with it, but we needed to conduct an empirical experiment as to the [insert typical BW-esque thread title], but then Athenian started running around with it on her head [stands up, gets told to sit down, sits down] and then she slipped over and landed with the broomhandle right up her -
[Mac shoots sofadude]
Mac: I'm sorry, I had to do that. That motherfucker had a miserable life, she never woulda got laid anyway. [BW panic face] You see? See where this perversion leads? First it's atheism, then stealing respectable ladies' panties, it's a slippery slope. Now tell me all about ethical materialisms
BW: W-w-what?
Mac: You heard me motherfucker, philosophize!
[rapid fire interrogation, philosophy exam type questions which degenerates into the rant I posted earlier to replace the Bible passage lines]
MacG-have you any idea how annoying it is to have to moderate with people like you around? I have to sit and read through all your fucking lame, boring, same old shit amateur existential bullshit - have you any idea of the hours of my life I'll never get back again, hours I could've spent nestled between the ample bosom of Lookin4thebestNU and PinkPiranha!
BANG BANG BANG!

MBTI Type
INTJ
But you said that teams can't vote for their own team.

Right, now they can't. And the reason I'm cool with that is because ideally people would only vote for their own entry if it were the best, but I don't think that was happening.

Well, three points:
a/ Then just disallow team members from voting. . . period.
b/ I'm not sure that your assumption for why it was "fatally flawed" is correct; but I'll check on that.
c/ I really don't care. I just didn't know how or where I was supposed to vote.
Which made me think that it's possible other folks were having the same problem.

A - is fine.
B - it's probably more true that the contestants are fatally flawed than the voting system. They system just allowed them to indulge that flaw. Hope that makes more sense.
C - I'm certain you're not alone on either point.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yo, why'd you delete Kung Fu? Caine is gonna hunt you down!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Evidently we're just a bunch of Unfrozen Caveman Forum Members, and your "joke submissions" and "complicated voting procedures" frighten and confuse us.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Right, now they can't. And the reason I'm cool with that is because ideally people would only vote for their own entry if it were the best, but I don't think that was happening.
Eh. . . after a bit of investigating, I've found that was happening more often than you'd think. In fact, if the last challenge disallowed votes from team members, the result would have been the same.

Just as I suspected. ;)

A - is fine.
B - it's probably more true that the contestants are fatally flawed than the voting system. They system just allowed them to indulge that flaw. Hope that makes more sense.
C - I'm certain you're not alone on either point.
Cool, then lets go with "a" from now on.

And again, you're not as correct about "b" as you think.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Evidently we're just a bunch of Unfrozen Caveman Forum Members, and your "joke submissions" and "complicated voting procedures" frighten and confuse us.

Probably. I still love your pink hair, though. :wubbie:

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
For various reasons, obviously, I can't vote for black. Green did a pretty good one, and so did blue (though the editing was a little harsh).

Difficult choice...

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
BlueWing is a lot better looking that I would have imagined but his voice is too whiny Athenian is lazy and can't seem to move her ass off the couch. Wolf looks like a scared chicken and Edahn looks an awful lot like John Travolta.