• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Challenge 1, Season 1: The Photo

Choose the Winner of Challenge One (Please read the OP for details prior to voting)

• Blue team

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Black team

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Green team

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Red team

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Is anyone in favor of leaving a couple of days between challenges? Nobody wants to burn out on this thing.

I think we're going to go right into the next one. It needs to go fast so that people can play in the Gauntlet II who didn't get a chance to play in this one.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
re break between challenges

No... only warriors will have the strength to charge through these challenges.

I agree with no break, but I think it should still be more time heh... IE, start the next challenge when we decide on it, but more time in-between.

Atomic Fiend

I think we're going to go right into the next one. It needs to go fast so that people can play in the Gauntlet II who didn't get a chance to play in this one.
Wait what? There's another right after this one?

This isn't an annual tradition like Jens MBTIc awards?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I thought we were only doing this once a season.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Jen's expression is so funny. It reminds me of that pursed face look Jennifer Coolidge had throughout the whole movie in Best In Show.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Since we're all being very open with each other... I'll say this... Blue had a cute idea and everything, Red was very sentimentally sweet and has a charm to it.... but Green and Black.... Green got the most variety (and it was funny... I'd say Blue was funny too... but Green had much more)... Black: mad props to Jen... you went out there... and wasn't that the point?

________________________________________________________________________________

There should be at least a couple of months gap between Gauntlets... it was great for me as a noob to be able to integrate a bit... get to know some people... before the Gauntlet showed up... for "new" noobs, they'll have been watching in the wings while Gauntlet I goes on and then suddenly there's Gauntlet II.... also, the Gauntlet really detracts from more in-depth posting on other topics... my mind is getting obsessed with it.... I wanted to keep talking on the Adamic Sin thread....

also, breaks (of at least a day or two) between challenges...

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Very proud of everyone...

Some very talented folks here at MBTIc

MBTI Type
INTJ
Something just occured to me. It's going to be mostly people involved in this thing that will vote, because I don't know how the larger MBTIc population is going to find this, take the trouble to go through the thread, look at the entries, and vote. And if it's only us voting, it's going to be (largely) a deadlock every time. Any ideas for how to address this?

Limey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Sticky a link/announcement to it in the main forum

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Something just occured to me. It's going to be mostly people involved in this thing that will vote, because I don't know how the larger MBTIc population is going to find this, take the trouble to go through the thread, look at the entries, and vote. And if it's only us voting, it's going to be (largely) a deadlock every time. Any ideas for how to address this?

Hmmm. It shouldn't be a deadlock if everyone is voting their conscience, should it? Unless all the entries are truly equal?

<ranting Chicken Little imitation, "I told you the voting scheme was a bad idea!" squawk squawk squawk>

Okay. Off to rap!!!

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ

Some of us who aren't on teams are following and already voted. :D

MBTI Type
INTJ
You've all alleviated my concerns :) And I think Limey's sticky idea is a very good one.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Geoff's thoughts on the entries..

Despite the fact it's well done, Blue team didn't really answer the question. Sorta though. Neat graphics.

Black team nailed it : they definitely answered the question and did it with humo(ur) and wackiness.

Green team : Narrowly behind the Black team.. good effort though, especially the MBTI breasts!

Red team : didn't answer the question. Bzzzzt!

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
"Captain's Log, Stargate 43689: At last, man has managed to form intimate relations with asynchronous conferencing. Has he met Data?"

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Red team : didn't answer the question. Bzzzzt!

I guess it depends on how you viewed the question or what it means to "show your dedication."

Just for the reasoning, in case you are wondering: We did something that pulled people together into a community, regardless of what team they happened to be on; and it's probably something the forum can use as a promo months from now regardless of the context of the contest or just for people to look back at later and remember each other by.

The other entries were funny and/or cute and answered the question in their own ways, sometimes much more directly. We chose this particular way to show our dedication. We might not win, but people will probably still find it valuable later to look at.

So I think it answered the question -- just not perhaps in the way you naturally would have, I guess.