• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The MBTIc Gauntlet 2008 Discussion Thread

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh please! I QUIT! It's on the forum history, unless you've changed it! You're intolerable!

And for everyone like PinkPiranha who are rushing to judgment, why don't you look at the thread and then snub your noses?

Sam, seriously, I was only teasing you. I have no idea what was going on with any of the other teams (as I can't see your threads). I was just looking for an excuse to crack out a beret and read pretentious books! :D

Ok? Everyone calm now?

O

Oberon

Guys, if we were sitting around a table playing Monopoly, would we be acting like this?

(Jennifer, you're not allowed to answer!)

Lighten up, guys. It's only a game. Think of it like baseball... when you're out, you go sit down.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Well now I have to go see WTF happened in the blue team.

I hope this is entertaining!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Guys, if we were sitting around a table playing Monopoly, would we be acting like this?

(Jennifer, you're not allowed to answer!)

Lighten up, guys. It's only a game. Think of it like baseball... when you're out, you go sit down.

Indeed. *adjusts beret and continues reading Kierkegaard*

Sometimes in baseball there are bench clearing brawls.

Just like hockey. :D

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh, the humanity!

Team Green is fine, thanks. We have no interest in cutting anyone loose. However, if new members (not recycled members from other teams) are interested in joining the game, all teams deserve an equal shot at them, just like the first time. We shouldn't be penalized for having team harmony and not kicking anyone off.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Well now I have to go see WTF happened in the blue team.

I hope this is entertaining!

Blue Team deserves a daytime Emmy. The egos, the drama. That was spectacular.

In summary:

:wtf::peepwall::9436:

I'm off to CVS for some Visine and kleenexes.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Guys, if we were sitting around a table playing Monopoly, would we be acting like this? (Jennifer, you're not allowed to answer!)

I haven't behaved that way since 1996 or so, thank you so very much.
(And you're still bitter about the whole St. Charles debacle, aren't you?)

Blue Team deserves a daytime Emmy. The egos, the drama. That was spectacular.

:cry: I wish I wuz an admin.

Wait a second, there wasn't some SEKRET Challenge Bonus Round going on involving creating your own inner team drama, was there?

Our team gets along fine. :(

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

Monopoly can get pretty intense with the people I play with. My family plays for real money, and my wife uses extortion as a normal tactic (and no I'm not making any of this up.)

MBTI Type
ENTP
A%20child%20crying-NJ%201967.jpg

You're such an unlikeable person, Dana. I can understand why you were banned once before. But your personality is quickly resurfacing.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, guys -- take it to PM if you need to, but please knock it off here.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I noticed that SDM is now in Black so I guess all is well?

For new members, just throwing it out there but I remember both Ygolo and Beat expressing interest but the rosters had closed.

Also a suggestion to Haight, NPG, any other admin running the gauntlet --

Could we create a separate ''Challenge Submission and Voting" thread per challenge?

It makes it MUCH easier to find the entries, vote, and understand what's going on to the newbie who just joined MBTIc (or veterans who aren't checking the Gauntlet thread regulalry) if there's a dedicated space for entries. Basically a thread where the first post is a repost of the rules of the challenge and voting criteria for general membership. The next 4 posts will be reserved for each team entry ONLY. And *then* the smack talking can happen.

I think that will encourage and increase general membership participation as well.

I found shuffling the entries in a very active multi-page thread for Challenge 1 made it hard to find.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Even though I'm not directly participating with the Gauntlet, it's not any fun to watch a good team implode. All the teams have great ideas batted back and forth and to see things spill out like this detracts from the spirit of the game.

This is just for fun. Please, don't take more seriously than it needs to be taken. All the teams have an excellent dynamic. When things get heated within the teams maybe the best thing to do is take a posting break for a few hours.