• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The MBTIc Gauntlet 2008 Discussion Thread

MBTI Type
ENTP
I thought this was what was going to happen:

People sign up to participate.
Captains are chosen.
Teams are picked.

Not

People Join.
Teams picked.
Captains chosen.

Also

It is VERY important that there are an equal amount of people on each team.

And it is just as important that each team captain has just as much say in the choosing as another.

Eh, I'm an NP, and I've lost enthusiasm already. :rofl1:

By instituting a simple algorithm for picking teams it allows chance to prevail rather than the possibly asymmetric team-forming methodologies of the respective captains... also, we could try to form teams based on types... otherwise, it could end up being p's v j's or NTs v SFs or something 'tarded like that.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I agree, Samuel. Randomly choosing (to be honest, I don't know what an algorithm is) is what I would prefer. It would create less resent between groups because there is no favoring.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Here's some suggested challenges for you :

Highest score within 24 hours on something like pacman, asteroids.
Best photography (I can judge that as I wont be taking part, if ya like)
Best poetry (Mac can judge this if he doesn't take part)

MBTI Type
ENTP
I agree, Samuel. Randomly choosing (to be honest, I don't know what an algorithm is) is what I would prefer. It would create less resent between groups because there is no favoring.

Finally... someone sees the point I was trying to make...

:happy0065:

P.S. An algorithm can simply be thought of as a 'strict recipe', where simple rules are followed, step by step, in order to achieve a final goal. As with the "join date" system, where it's simply who was here earlier... done... but if people say that there's a problem with this, since we should actually be attenuating the rift between old and new, then we can just do types... actually, I recant my join-date procedure... I say we go for types...

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Brilliant idea, Geoff! I would slaughter you guys at pacman or tetris. :devil:

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Brilliant idea, Geoff! I would slaughter you guys at pacman or tetris. :devil:

...apart from the fact that there are people here posting astronomically high scores before you were actually born :yes:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Grrrrrrr!

How about... a contest for... a fictional MBTIc story including various members.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Oh, I have a new idea:

Any or all of the members of each team may participate in each contest.... so your chances are higher of winning if your group members give it a go

?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm in, as long as there is no actual kickball involved.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Grrrrrrr!

How about... a contest for... a fictional MBTIc story including various members.

Or... members have to compose a short story... it will involve a minimum of three characters, though more are allowed... each of a clearly-defined type, though the type cannot be mentioned explicitly in the story...

1) Short story of 2,000 to 5,000 words. Something like that. (length TBD)

2) Must contain at least three characters...
a) Each character must have a different type from the others (no repeating of types)
b) None of the characters can be the same type as the author (if there are only one or two authors... if it's a group endeavor then it doesn't really matter, since I doubt more than three or four people would work on the story together anyway)

3) The author must strive to make the story not only entertaining and well-written, but also, most importantly, indicative of a keen understanding of human personality and MBTI / Jungian theory... though characters who defy typing on various axes and yet are believable, deviations from MBTI-type norms for naturalistic reasons, are clearly indicative of a strong grasp of general ideas about human personality.
a) Judges not participating will accept stories, to be published on the forum for public viewing... they will also receive an addendum from each author, NOT to be shown to ANYONE under penalty of sempiternal nagging... which lists each character, his/her type, and various motivational and other ideas the author had in creating the story.

4) Some of the criteria for judging the winner will be:
a) Is the public able to identify the characters as the same types the author had in mind?
b) Is the story well-written and entertaining and/or thought-provoking?
c) Are the interactions of the various types believable?

ETC. ETC. ETC.

I just pulled this out of my nether region so I'm assuming that either people will completely ignore this post or tear the contest idea to pieces and rework it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel like I'm back on INTPc.

We're going to spend all of our energy throwing out ideas of what and how things could be done... but god only knows if it's ever going to actually happen. :)

I guess the fun is in the brainstorming, huh?

MBTI Type
ENTP
I feel like I'm back on INTPc.

We're going to spend all of our energy throwing out ideas of what and how things could be done... but god only knows if it's ever going to actually happen. :)

I guess the fun is in the brainstorming, huh?

I like brainstorming ideas (no shit, right?)... it's half the fun...

And plus... "brainstorming"... that's an AWESOME, under-appreciated term.

I am BRAIN STORMING... if I brain storm too hard, I could fry my receptors...

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Lol. Yeah, this thread is burning me out, and I haven't even done anything yet. :laugh:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Best poetry (Mac can judge this if he doesn't take part)
What? I'm pretty ignorant about poetry. That's why I started my poetry thread at INTPc, to help educate myself.

Contemplations on urns were not part of thermodynamics class.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm in, only if Samuel De Mazarin is out, or on my team!

:D

And I am also not down for mean shit, or low blows. (Like an insult contest).