• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The MBTIc Gauntlet 2008 Discussion Thread

MBTI Type
ENTP
Nice try. But my guess is that he has all the information from the Blue team - I'm going to pretend like you didn't realize that. So he'll have to wait until the next challenge.

That's absolutely fine by me.

And Jen, thank you. I'd be honored to join your team.

As for my being outspoken, that is true. But I'm ever civil and there is proof enough of that.

Sam, seriously, I was only teasing you. I have no idea what was going on with any of the other teams (as I can't see your threads). I was just looking for an excuse to crack out a beret and read pretentious books! :D

Ok? Everyone calm now?

Cool.

There will be no "snapping up" of discarded members. Period.

You have no say in this. You do not own the Gauntlet. Excellent idea, and all yours, in that sense, but this is a community, not an autocracy. Besides, the "discarded" status is bogus.

What was I trying now?

Don't get me wrong I like a double agent as much as the next guy, but I said I didn't want him because there probably was a very good reason for him being taken off of the team, and it wasn't because he wasn't participating.

Great... read the thread in which the dispute occurred first and then talk about my being "taken off" the team. I initiated the self-removal. As it is, any talk of my possibly joining another team, if they'll have me, should take place only after this challenge is over and moderators have sorted through the conflicting reports coming from different members.

Last edited:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All right! Now that we've all kissed and made out... I mean, up... o_O

Let's play Bamboozle!

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The RED Team eliminates Grayscale and Bluewing.

Why the HELL would you eliminate Seahorse? Mark my words, you'll regret this when Challenge III: Write a Treatise About Your Own Philosophy That No One Will Read rolls around!

;)

Last edited:

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Why the HELL would you eliminate Seahorse? Mark my words, you'll regret this when Challenge III: Write a Treatise About Your Own Philosophy That No One Will Read rolls around!

;)

Hey... I read two of Blue's treatises and I enjoyed them... :blush:

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
Jeff Probst: Gray, how do you feel about being eliminated in the first round?

Grayscale: well Jeff, right off the line I was fairly busy with stuff and simply didn't pull my weight, can't really blame the team for eliminating me.

Probst: who do you think is going to win this competition?

Gray: Green got off to a good start, but Im not sure they have the competitive spirit to continue doing well. Black and Blue have a solid lineup, I expect at least one of them to be a contender to the final rounds.

Probst: ...and team Red?

Gray: Red got off to a rough start, but of course I think they'll be a force to be reckoned with when all is said and done. Either way I'll be cheering them on here on the sidelines with my skimpy cheerleader outfit and pom-poms. GO RED! :party2:

Probst: well there you have it folks, we'll come back after the break for some more MBTIc Gauntlet action!

[youtube=mUJxHGV3cl8]a word from our sponsors...[/youtube]

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why the HELL would you eliminate Seahorse? Mark my words, you'll regret this when Challenge III: Write a Treatise About Your Own Philosophy That No One Will Read rolls around!;)

dammit, that's been your plan all along, hasn't it????!!!
NoooOOoOoooOooOOOOOOO!

*breaks out books about the combined philosophies of Spinoza and Schopenhauer, sneezes from all the dust*

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So why are teams eliminating members again?

I thought the rules were changed.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
For the record Uber was not a problem, but he was busy with other things (real life, ect.) so he was let out of his commitment with no hard feelings. 6sticks is on vacation for the rest of the month so that's why he's out.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1

Gray: Red got off to a rough start, but of course I think they'll be a force to be reckoned with when all is said and done. Either way I'll be cheering them on here on the sidelines with my skimpy cheerleader outfit and pom-poms. GO RED! :party2:

Now that is a classy exit.

:hug:

Atomic Fiend

Jeff Probst: Gray, how do you feel about being eliminated in the first round?

Grayscale: well Jeff, right off the line I was fairly busy with stuff and simply didn't pull my weight, can't really blame the team for eliminating me.

Probst: who do you think is going to win this competition?

Gray: Green got off to a good start, but Im not sure they have the competitive spirit to continue doing well. Black and Blue have a solid lineup, I expect at least one of them to be a contender to the final rounds.

Probst: well there you have it folks, we'll come back after the break for some more MBTIc Gauntlet action!

Thanks for understanding.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Um, I have mad :wubbie: for Team Green.

's all.

/F

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
Okay, guys -- take it to PM if you need to, but please knock it off here.
Oh, c'mon, don't kill the drama already! I just got here! These guys were just starting to get entertaining. Well, except Team Green, who's bland serenity in all this has been just plain dull. I don't think they're even trying.

Um, I have mad :wubbie: for Team Green.
Well, that's not what they said about you. (* pokes the bear *)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Huh. Well, I just got (kind of) (halfway) up to speed on this Gauntlet bidness, and I have to say that this is a FASCINATING study in human behavior. Which, of course, is perfect for a psychology-oriented forum. Whosoever had this idea, I tip my hat to you! Unless it was Haight in which case I moon you!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Well, that's not what they said about you. (* pokes the bear *)

Martoon's just jealous he's not getting any green lovin'. Although, judging from the above post...

Regardless, we :wubbie: Rajah, too!

And we're gonna kill the other teams, they're going down, we'll eat them for lunch, etc, etc.