• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gauntlet Season 2 (SIGN UP HERE!!!)

• Total voters

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
My argument for team captains is that there will need to be a go-to person for communication between admin, teams, & members. There has to be that one person that knows what's going on because all of the information is funneled into their inbox.

Last edited:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Actually, private forums do sort of nix the need for a captain.. Admin just posts updates in the private forum.. Members keep eachother up to date in the threads... Yeah. Currently agreed on the no captain front.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
My argument for team captains is that there will need to be a go-to person for communication between admin, teams, & members. There has to be that one person that knows what's going on because all of the information is funneled into their inbox.
I figure all this could be decided democratically within the teams once they're established.

When I thought and spoke of captains I was talking about the person in charge of coordinating efforts -- most particularly for deciding who to employ. That is to say, the captain rank is removed after the teams are divvied up.

This is why I wanted to have the challenges decided up front. After all, if the teams are going to be committal, ideally it would be helpful to know what's going to be happening to decide who's best for the job.
I didn't have in mind any responsibility outside that.
I don't see any reason they couldn't also be the message courier etc.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The prize is bragging rights imo. I'd consider captain to get things started and teams sorted, after that I think groups can work out their own dynamics.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I wanted to have the challenges decided up front. After all, if the teams are going to be committal, ideally it would be helpful to know what's going to be happening to decide who's best for the job.

I like this.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Yeh, I'm not going to play this season, but I'll be a spectator.

observations from last season

-- way too many contestants. only a few should be selected to play.
-- ho-hum and often obscure round themes
-- the prize wasn't planned, and this time i think something special and interesting should be rewarded to the winners

I like Edahn's idea... let's do it survivor style... that way we can narrow down the field.

Each round we throw out a percentage of the players. That's done by voting... All contestants must vote... but they cannot vote for themselves. Spectators can naturally vote. Teams/players with the lowest number of votes get eliminated... and we go from there.

Team captains... let people create their teams... then they can choose to have a captain or just somebody as the contact for the team.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'd like to participate. I don't mind being a captain. I didn't really understand the way th first one played, and I'm not reading through 234320-92342 pages to find out, but I'm in.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I like Edahn's idea... let's do it survivor style... that way we can narrow down the field.

Each round we throw out a percentage of the players. That's done by voting... All contestants must vote... but they cannot vote for themselves. Spectators can naturally vote. Teams/players with the lowest number of votes get eliminated... and we go from there.

Team captains... let people create their teams... then they can choose to have a captain or just somebody as the contact for the team.

I think the judges for vote. They can make it uber-dramatic.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
With that avatar, Kyueii makes a convincing argument for herself.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I'd like to play, but I don't want to be a captain.

3. I'd allow a two day break between challenges. It becomes very stressful to go from one to another immediately and causes people to not want to participate.

:nice: Yep, or even a bit longer.

Also, if the deadline for challenges can be on a Saturday US time (ie an Aussie Sunday), that would help muchly with timezones and work commitments.

I'd also suggest one or two less challenges than from last time so that the Gauntlet ends on a high.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I like Edahn's idea about part of the score being votes and part being the choices of a judging panel of forum members who aren't participating.

If anything like that is adopted, I'd enjoy being a judge.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Thirded, more than 2 days break in between, please.

And maybe we can have 'gauntlets' (I watch too much MTV) where each time picks their best player to face off against one another. The challenge theme or general idea can be given beforehand. We can incorporate ventrillo or online realtime multuple player arcades.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Okay, I like the ideas and suggestions so far. I think we're improving on the system. And I think the ideas for a better game should continue. However, I'm going to start a poll for sign up purpose so we can get that out of the way.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Thirded, more than 2 days break in between, please.

And maybe we can have 'gauntlets' (I watch too much MTV) where each time picks their best player to face off against one another. The challenge theme or general idea can be given beforehand. We can incorporate ventrillo or online realtime multuple player arcades.
See this plays into my strategic team construction idea.

We have to do it that way. It's awesome.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I like Edahn's idea about part of the score being votes and part being the choices of a judging panel of forum members who aren't participating.

If anything like that is adopted, I'd enjoy being a judge.

Me, too. I won't be playing this round, b/c I just don't have the necessary time to devote to it. But I'd love to be an impartial judge.

And agreed on having more than a few days between challenges. That really made me start to resent the Gauntlet towards the end, when it could have been fun the whole time. And I thought the whole idea of that at the time was that they were itching to start Round 2 and let more people play.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'd be happy to be put on any team. Let's kick some ass, whatever team that may be! :angry:

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
The deadline for signing up for this round is Friday the 13th.

So if you want to play . . . then sign up via the poll in this thread.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
For the teams... I'll take all the young and attractive females..

Team 1:
Me, eLaur, Nightning, Scanty, mon, trinity, mempy, erin avery, disregard, tallulah, cze cze

Other teams:
Split them up, doesn't matter.

Thanks for your consideration.

Kthxbai.