User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Case in point... based on my AGE and height...
    Based on the Robinson formula (1983), your ideal weight is 111.8 lbs
    Based on the Miller formula (1983), your ideal weight is 120.1 lbs
    Based on the Devine formula (1974), your ideal weight is 105.4 lbs
    Based on the Hamwi formula (1964), your ideal weight is 105.2 lbs
    Based on the healthy BMI recommendation, your recommended weight is 97.9 lbs - 132.3 lbs

For Women 25-59 years of age...
    Height in Feet&Inches Small Frame Medium Frame Large Frame
    4'10" 102-111 109-121 118-131
    4'11" 103-113 111-123 120-134
    5'0" 104-115 113-126 122-137
    5'1" 106-118 115-129 125-140
    5'2" 108-121 118-132 128-143
    5'3" 111-124 121-135 131-147
    5'4" 114-127 124-138 134-151
    5'5" 117-130 127-141 137-155
    5'6" 120-133 130-144 140-159
    5'7" 123-136 133-147 143-163
    5'8" 126-139 136-150 146-167
    5'9" 129-142 139-153 149-170
    5'10" 132-145 142-156 152-173
    5'11" 135-148 145-159 155-176
    6'0" 138-151 148-162 158-179

So yeah... I'm way overweight and I'm just going to keep gaining if I don't find some way to control it.
    My mother is 4'10" and over 200 pounds. That's me in 25 years if I'm not careful.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

For the record, being a little bit overweight but not obese is associated with a LONGER lifespan. That says to me that maybe the charts aren't the end-all, be-all. Being overweight linked to lower risk of mortality - CNN.com

But if you want to lose weight, instead of doing stuff like Herbalife why not figure out what your calorie needs at the high end of the "normal" range would be, and eat that much of normal food? Health-calc - Energy expenditure adv.

If you do nothing but sleep 8 hours and sit the rest of the time, you would need about 1800 calories a day to maintain at 140lb. Adding in about three hours of just puttering around, cooking, standing at the sink doing dishes, etc. would bump it up to about 2000 calories. That's without any intentional exercise, just not being a couch potato for part of the day. Adding in the WHO's recommended 150 minutes of heart-rate-increasing exercise a week would take it up to about 2100/day.

Your basal metabolic rate would be about 1400 calories a day, which means you'd need that much even if you were in a coma- that's why they say you shouldn't go under your basal metabolic rate.
    Likes LonestarCowgirl, INTJMom liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Yeah... I heard it wasn't good to eat food too close to bedtime. It's OK?
    You'll have to experiment and see what works for you.

I read your latest post about working out twice a week and doing stomach crunches. Great job! Consider gradually increasing the duration and frequency of cardio workouts to 45 minutes, 5-days a week. That will boost your metabolism, so your body burns calories more efficiently; keep in mind, a metabolism boost is not going to happen if you're also starving yourself on meal replacement shakes.

Not required, but of course, the most intense workout will simultaneously have you doing cardio and weight lifting. You will burn twice the calories in half the time, and get to your goal that much quicker.

Also, Dr. Oz has some good recipes and advice on his website that you might find helpful:

Dr. Oz on Weightloss
    Likes INTJMom liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It doesn't really matter when you eat- what matters is how much, over time, on average.

You Can Eat After 8 P.M. - Debunking 10 Myths About Dieting - TIME
    Likes INTJMom liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    For the record, being a little bit overweight but not obese is associated with a LONGER lifespan. That says to me that maybe the charts aren't the end-all, be-all. Being overweight linked to lower risk of mortality - CNN.com

But if you want to lose weight, instead of doing stuff like Herbalife why not figure out what your calorie needs at the high end of the "normal" range would be, and eat that much of normal food? Health-calc - Energy expenditure adv.

If you do nothing but sleep 8 hours and sit the rest of the time, you would need about 1800 calories a day to maintain at 140lb. Adding in about three hours of just puttering around, cooking, standing at the sink doing dishes, etc. would bump it up to about 2000 calories. That's without any intentional exercise, just not being a couch potato for part of the day. Adding in the WHO's recommended 150 minutes of heart-rate-increasing exercise a week would take it up to about 2100/day.

Your basal metabolic rate would be about 1400 calories a day, which means you'd need that much even if you were in a coma- that's why they say you shouldn't go under your basal metabolic rate.
    Thank you!
    I guess I should keep track of my calorie intake for a while.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It's the only thing that has ever worked for me. I did every diet under the sun and always ended up heavier. After all that, getting really sciencey about it (and working on my mental/emotional crap at the same time- loving myself and my body as-is even though I'm working on changing it for health reasons, letting go of moral judgments about "good" and "bad" foods, etc.) has helped me lose about 40 lbs so far, although it has gone slowly.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Tried a new recipe and it was AWESOME!

Chocolate chip cookie dough dip made out of garbanzo beans. It was really tasty! I dipped them with graham crackers and thin meyer lemon cookies... but I think fruit seems just as good to dip in it.

My next adventure is going to be homemade english muffins. We'll see how that goes. I might pick up a bread maker cheap from the thrift store to assist me in it, I suck at making dough.

My plan for food for the week: freeze-ahead cupcake quiches, breakfast sandwiches, crackers and tuna salad, chicken spaghetti, super dark chocolate chips, and whatever my family decides to have for dinner + a soup or salad. We'll see how it goes!

Yeah I seriously have such a hard time getting my calories in each day. These figures are NOT a looot of calories, and I'm pretty active. :x I'm down to a piddly 124 lbs right now.. and I feel weaker and smaller than ever. It really does mess with your mental capacity to be different physically. I notice a decline in my confidence with a decline in my weight.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I read a Facebook post today about chickpea chocolate chip cookies. I have to say, it sounded really gross to me, but I'd be willing to give it a try.

kyuuei, do you eat nuts? That might be a good way to get more high-quality calories in without eating a lot more food.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Nuts, nut butters, a nice oily hummus...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I read a Facebook post today about chickpea chocolate chip cookies. I have to say, it sounded really gross to me, but I'd be willing to give it a try.

kyuuei, do you eat nuts? That might be a good way to get more high-quality calories in without eating a lot more food.
    Nuts, nut butters, a nice oily hummus...
    Oh man, I've cooked them before and made black bean brownies, and I have to say I won't go back to making regular desserts I don't think. My next thing to try is tofu chocolate pie. Seriously, the fiber gives me the perfect balance of calories and nutrients and makes me feel way less crappy when eating sweets, as my tummy tends to hate too much of a good thing. I can actually enjoy desserts when I replace ingredients with fruit and veggies.

I'm disinclined to buy them because they're particularly expensive, but I do love nuts. Hummus is ultimate pleasure-train station, Asheville has a company called 'roots' that makes the most amazing of hummus flavors. And Hopey Co. always sells them discounted. <3 <3 So Mango sriracha almost on the daily with breakfast.

I'm working on making a hummus recipe rich enough for me to be excited about making. I haven't quite gotten there yet.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge