User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Tried my two new healthy recipes with a third to make up for the fact one's a dessert technically.

Healthier donuts from chocolatecoveredkatie
    Herbed yogurt biscuits (finally a bread I can make!)

Sticking to yoga has got to be the hardest thing I've ever done. I canNOT wait until the summer.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

I tried an aerobic program on Tuesday instead of my full body workout,
    but when I did my full body workout on Thursday, I already felt weaker,
    so I don't think the aerobic program will be a replacement for one of my days.

But I was successful in making myself exercise all three days and I did my ab program every morning.
    I am trying out some alternatives to ab crunches, but I have not found anything I like.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Keeping my confounded doctor appointments even though I hate them with a passion.
    There's no way around it, I never get anything done at the hospital stretching wise. Today I told myself I'd stretch and stretch on my breaks.. all I did do was eat and eat and rest. Bleh. Mostly because fuckin' youtube doesn't work on the hospital's internet. Wtf hospital? No youtube for your patients? What a bunch of jerks. Srsly. Youtube is what makes the pain go away. The 12$ each car you're making alone would pay for the bandwidth AND the parking garage.

So I'm using my phone tonight, begrudgingly in the middle of the lobby like a jackass. Who cares. I'm going to be suuuuper sleepy going to the pool today. I'm just going to investigate it and see what's up. If it's a bust, then I'll just work out at home, run short distances, stretch a ton, and build up my leg strength again and grab myself a decent foam roller.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Last week we took the kids to Disney World. It was a mixed bag, fitness wise. On one hand, I wore my Withings Pulse all week and the minimum amount of walking we did on any of the days in the parks was about 16,000 steps. That's about 8 miles. Other days we walked as much as 21,000, or over 10 miles. So that's good. My back was killing me all week though, so I need to ask my doctor about that today. I'm sure the best remedy is to take off some lbs, which I'm already working on, but I didn't realize how much it was affecting me until I had several very active days in a row where I couldn't baby it. I think I'd get a lot more activity if it didn't bother me so much. I've just been trying to tough it out but that's dumb.

On the eating front, well, let's just say I enjoyed myself. We went to restaurants all over the parks, including Mexico and Morocco in EPCOT, and Be Our Guest in the Magic Kingdom (it's the new Beauty and the Beast themed restaurant in Fantasyland) and the food was ah maze zing. I kept my streak going in Myfitnesspal by creating a custom item called "I'm on vacation, bitches" with one serving of 2800 calories and adding it each day. I have no idea how accurate that is, it was just a guess of 1000 cals over my usual target.

I dreaded getting on the scale when I returned, although I've learned over the past year that the day-to-day fluctuations mean very little in the grand scheme of things. It's still discouraging to see a few pounds come back, even though there's no way I gained a significant amount of *fat* in a week of indulgence. It's most likely water weight and probably digestion issues since I don't digest quite as well away from home.

Anyway- doctor this morning, I'll show a loss of about 30lbs on his scale from the last time I was there, so I expect some pats on the back which will take some of the sting out of the vacation gainz. Back on track, diet-wise, and I need to get to the gym to get back on track there as well.
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Did my exercise program all three times this week... some days it's SO hard to make myself do it!
    I think I did my ab crunches every day.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ You've got this girl! Pretty soon it'll start to feel like clockwork instead of dragging feet.

I only did one day of yoga and stretching, boo, and I did two days of P90X and got SUPER sore.. I cannot believe how genuinely out of shape I am. It makes me really upset.. after I was done with that work out all I wanted to do was quit everything in life and train. Zero balance, zero muscle tone, zero endurance... I'm really back at square one here. It's discouraging, but the only way to fix it is training and sticking to it. When I wake up this evening I'll crank out a cardio session, yoga, stretching, and sciatic nerve stuff.

Cooking my food is going along pretty well. The only times I messed up was I was in a pinch on a last minute shift and ate poptarts a nurse offered me vs going hungry all shift, and some party food at a party one night... smores and pizza and cookies. Hahaha. But superbowl I actually did well on--we home cooked burgers and dips and shrimp cocktail and I ate it all up. Shrimp ginger-miso salad bowl tonight with dinner too.

Likes INTJMom liked this post

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I've completely slacked. I have been eating half way decent but i haven't juiced. And instead of my normal workout once a day, it's been diminished to 2 or 3 times a week. Which is bothering me. I'm good on water. Not good on salad day though...ugh life.

Edit: how are those crunches going @Oaky
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    I've completely slacked. I have been eating half way decent but i haven't juiced. And instead of my normal workout once a day, it's been diminished to 2 or 3 times a week. Which is bothering me. I'm good on water. Not good on salad day though...ugh life.

Ack! Narilo, I've been doing this thing where whenever I remember to do any exercise as I'm moving around the house I'd just jump down and do as many pushups as I can or as many crunches as I can depending on the place. It's been slightly ok but I need to start focusing more on that kind of thing.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post

Aren't people only supposed to workout every other day to give the muscles time to repair themselves?

MBTI
    INTJ

I missed my Tuesday workout because I went to a wake.
    But I was very proud of myself for making it up on Wednesday.
    So then I didn't do it on Thursday because I had just done it the day before.
    I didn't make it up on Friday because I had a couple of good excuses.
    The good news is I just did my Sunday work out and I felt very good... very strong... my endurance was good.
    So now I am wondering if I should exercise twice a week instead of three times, but I don't think that is recommended.
    My knees felt better this past week too!

I just got a jug of HerbaLife meal replacement powder.
    I'm going to see if I can lose weight with that.