User Tag List

First 152324252627 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I have no idea how you guys are able to do running training for months. I always end up quitting. When I peaked doing jogging, I was able to do 8-9 miles at least in a 8 minute pace.

I just weight train in my room with weights for 25 minutes and walk around town doing errands for an hour. You shouldn't spend time exercising more than half an hour.
    5w4,4w5,1

The Researcher

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    I just weight train in my room with weights for 25 minutes and walk around town doing errands for an hour. You shouldn't spend time exercising more than half an hour.
    I realized that 1/2 an hour a day sometimes doesn't cut it. Working it as a maintenance thing, yeah. I've even done 15 minutes a day challenges and they worked fine for getting the blood pumping and getting the body moving.. but for goal-based work? Not enough time. 1/2 an hour a day alone won't make you drop weight, or gain muscle while still maintaining other areas of fitness. Now, if you're already active and, say, you don't really count hiking/walking/running/swimming that you do frequently, and you claim 1/2 hour a day for weights alone? Sure.. but if you're sedentary or unhealthy-active like at my job (lots of standing, sitting in one place or just short bursts of walking) 12 hours a day.. I found anything less than 40-45 minutes isn't enough to maintain.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I skipped my first day yesterday. I could have worked out, but I just really wanted to spend time with my boyfriend, eat food, and relax. And I did. It was glorious. I'll circle around to my missed day and complete it on the 26th, but I was definitely okay with missing the 13th's workout day and just chilling out. I also ate Hardee's for dinner hahaha because it's my favorite fast food burger place ever.

I've realized that I might not be able to meet my 3 mile run goal this year. I know I can work my way up to my usual 2 miles, but I think I'll give it to next year to train for running.

On the bright side, I've been going to physical therapy 2x a week as of this past week, and they're getting me a foam roller! Yay! So I'm going going to be doing some new and improved work on my hips from a dude that's pretty passionate about his job. He wanted me to ice my bursas after I finish working out... so I've just been putting my hip directly onto the stone floor hahaha

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

I just realized I didn't check in on Sunday.
    I exercised on Sunday... don't remember what I did ... oh, I remember... I skipped Wednesday.
    Went to an all-you-can-eat Chinese food buffet... Union meeting.
    Couldn't make myself do it on Thursday instead.

I have to say, though... it's a good thing I do these workouts because I really do see the effects.
    Last Saturday I was able to climb a small mountain with my kids.
    I needed a little help at a steep part and sat down to rest,
    and my son made me a walking stick which was quite helpful and I could feel the sore muscles in my back from using it,
    but I recovered very quickly and wasn't sore at all by the next day!
    That is real progress!
    Of course, 15 years age when I was 41, I had no problem climbing it at all.

MBTI
    INTJ

Sunday Check-in!
    I did both my Wednesday and Sunday full body workouts.
    I have not got started doing my 30 minutes on the bike - 5 days/week.
    The bike is just there in the living room taking up floor space.
    I really need to get back to it.

MBTI
    INTJ

bad week
    didn't exercise wednesday or today

MBTI
    INTJ

Last Sunday... forgot to check in...
    but I was disappointed with myself for not having exercised last Wednesday, though I did on Sunday.
    Seeing my last post, I guess that's an improvement. :-P
    Last edited by INTJMom; 11-05-2015 at 06:16 AM. Reason: spelling

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I haven't posted in a while! And that's because life got stupid busy. I went down to Texas, fixed a bunch of things that were very important, and got super sick, etc. I also ate like.. complete garbage food the whole time too.

I'm currently 137 lbs. Which, to be honest, I'm pretty comfortable with.. but many of my clothing items I have? Were taken during a time when I was only 126 lbs (all through nursing school when I was running ragged constantly) so some of these items are no longer fitting on me. I think I can strike a decent pose with 130 lbs if I were to gain more muscle than I have now. My eating habits aren't really horrible here at the house, they aren't the best and I'm still adapting to cooking for 1-maybe-2-at-times-sometimes.

I have some mini veggie quiches I made with eggs that would have gone bad before the trip to eat for breakfast along with some miso soup and toast and butter for the next .. Oh I dunno... 7 days. XD I work 6/7 days as of tonight. I'm cooking a big batch of veggie-rice-and-meat mixture for each of my lunches which will be about the same, and I have fruit for a snack at work as well. Chocolate milk for an after work-out drink, and oatmeal for breakfast juuuust before I go to bed. I'm going to make it when I leave work and eat it in the car. It'll get pretty boring after 7 days, but I'll have a break right in the middle where I can relax a bit and eat something different. Better to not have to worry about what I'm eating or if it's enough though.

MBTI
    INTJ

Missed check-in on Sunday Nov 8, but I am glad to report that I did my exercise program twice last week.

MBTI
    INTJ

I didn't do my exercise program last Wednesday, but that's because I spent 6 hours cleaning my house.
    I figured that was enough.
    I DID do my program on Sunday morning, for which I am very proud of myself since I went out of town on Friday and I was pretty tired Sunday morning.
    I almost didn't do it, but since I slid by on Wednesday, I stuck to it.