User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I tried on my old scrubs from school and it turns out, surprise surprise, they don't fit in the legs at all. They were loose and comfy once, now they're definitely tight and uncomfortable to wear. I gave them to my boyfriend. :/ I used to walk SO much more in Houston than I do here. My work was a 30 minute walk away, and school was the same.. so either day I had a minimum of 30 minutes of walking one way from where I parked. Here? I park at the place I work and go right in. I was thinking maybe I could get a small bike that fits in my car and ride it into work from the shuttle, but it's going to be worse and worse weather coming up soon... Besides making the time for walking for the sake of it, I dunno what I'm going to do.

August totals: 24 NOPE meals (bad for me, over ate, under ate or didn't eat, etc.), 30 MEH meals (they were healthy but I might have over ate anyways, or they were a mix of healthy ingredients prepared in unhealthier ways, etc.), and 89 YUP meals (healthy! and in sufficient quantities!) with 14 unrecorded meals (although two of those are MEH and NOPE.. I couldn't remember what I ate at the time of recording, but I remembered categorizing them in my head while eating them) soooo out of 155 meals/hydration recordings 57% were healthy, and 76% of them were not totally unhealthy, meaning I eat unhealthy about 15% of the time. Ish. Not bad, and a big gap improvement over July.

Exercising? HAH!! What exercising?! I didn't do it! 10 exercise days in 31, that's less than 1 out of 3 days.

I did notice myself not necessarily gaining anymore weight from last month's woes, so that's good, but I haven't lost it because I'm not exercising enough to lose it.

I went ahead and took the plunge and spent $10 (OMG!) on a Fitness Blender 8 week program. So far I'm pretty happy I did that, even yesterday was a video I've done before for free on youtube. I did day 2 yesterday (I don't care about the fitness test, that isn't my motivation for this) so I've been running and I've been doing this as of yesterday. I think if I carry a snack with me to eat immediately after work I can use that to tie me over until after my workouts. Run, rest a bit, exercise, and then eat a nice dinner and shower.. and that's about all I'll have time to do on my work days. But luckily I only have three work days a week, so the rest of the time will be cake. Running is going well! Made it to the stop sign, and I'm trying to map out a 2 mile trail so that I can walk the whole way back instead of running the whole distance and then being home right away.

I cooked some pretty healthy Jambalaya-style soup packed with veggies and different types of protein, and I made a tiramisu-style oatmeal that'll last me the next 4 days with some beautiful mascarpone cheese and decaf coffee, and I added bananas and carrots to it to bulk it up. I had some leftover meat stuffs to use to make some sloppy joes.. the whole thing probably costed me about $20 and it's 3 meals over the course of the next 5 days. Pretty awesome! Almost a whole week for $20.

I really do want to get back into green smoothies, I do believe in those things.. but the blender we have isn't the best, and more importantly it is LOUD.. I just don't feel like hearing it first thing in the morning. I saw a kickstarter for some shaker-jar-style smoothies, and I thought "You know, that might be easy to make in batches someday.." so if I get a deep freezer I'm going to experiment with that.

Going to be making a lot more soups and stuffed-vegetables and pasta-with-veggie-sauce-over-them dishes as that seems to be the easiest thing I can do for myself food-wise right now that saves me the time I need. I have cereal to back me up for breakfast if I get too lazy for oatmeal, but I'm determined to eat all of those oats down. I just need a couple trail mix blends for snacks that'll keep me from being hungry between breakfast and lunch and after work. I was thinking making a big bag of wasabi-flavored snacks... Wasabi-coated almonds and wasabi peas + some walnuts and pistachios and dried fruit. A small handful of those might do it.

Highly recommend free fitnessblender videos on youtube. That's all for now folks!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

Thanks for posting.

I don't have one, but someone highly recommended a "Bullet" blender to my son last week. Maybe that would be more quiet for you?
    He has a smoothie every day.

I did my Wednesday and Sunday exercises. I've got my tv functioning again so I can exercise in my living room again.
    I have not been doing the 150 minutes per week of moderate aerobic exercise I know I'm supposed to do.
    Every time I think of getting on the exercise bike, I think of the pain in my groin area and it stops me, but I need to try anyway.
    Maybe if I stretch beforehand it won't hurt.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I have the nutri bullet, highly recommended. It makes it so smooth, the texture like a milkshake when you expect chunkies or granular content. The new model of the ninja brand apparently caught up and is on par with the nutri bullet, perhaps even maybe slightly better now? Hard to tell. I'm going with the nutri bullet and they already worked out all the kinks when it comes to durability.
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    458 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTJ Ni

I hate people, and roid monkeys even more so. That being said you'll never see me set foot in a gym, and yet I've remained around 10% body fat for the past three years thanks to Parkour, dancing, and martial arts. I find these things intriguing, and that creates room for motivation and progression.
    ~ Only your heart can poison your mind. ~
    Likes Captain_Invincible liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

@chubber Omg my parents have a nutribullet and I LOVED it. It also made amazing mousse instantly. I probably used it on a daily basis. We have a crappy little blender that gets the job done for soups and stuff but it isn't near nutribullet quality.

Week 2 of my 8 week challenge starts today and I've been doing pretty strong in it. I love fitnessblender and they posted a video today that they'd be posting more videos this month which made me super excited!

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I hate people, and roid monkeys even more so. That being said you'll never see me set foot in a gym, and yet I've remained around 10% body fat for the past three years thanks to Parkour, dancing, and martial arts. I find these things intriguing, and that creates room for motivation and progression.
    Good for you!

My 21 year old son has been doing parkour for over 5 years. He loves it!
    Likes Gizmo liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    I have the nutri bullet, highly recommended. It makes it so smooth, the texture like a milkshake when you expect chunkies or granular content. The new model of the ninja brand apparently caught up and is on par with the nutri bullet, perhaps even maybe slightly better now? Hard to tell. I'm going with the nutri bullet and they already worked out all the kinks when it comes to durability.
    I just saw the ninja on sale $20 off at Target for $79.99.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I just saw the ninja on sale $20 off at Target for $79.99.
    At the time, when I did my research and bought my Nutri Bullet. I did it based on a video like this one:

I waited a bit to collect a bit more information and later this one came out.

Now, when I say the Ninja might be better, it's because of this specific model Nutri Ninja mentioned in the last video. The devil is in the details. You can see that Ninja Professional/Nutri copied the Nutri Bullet. So one can see that the concept of the Nutri Bullet is what is good here.

However, Ninja is full of marketing hype. So I would look at (critical) customer feedback and returns. The main reason for me as to why I couldn't buy Nutri Ninja, was because I couldn't find it in my country. Nutri Bullet has great support here. So if something happens I know where to take it.
    Likes INTJMom liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

I did my exercises this past Sunday and Wednesday I only did half.
    I have been eating too much and too much fat.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Today marks 2 weeks of my 8 week fitness blender challenge, and I have to say I feel pretty good moving around daily. I still haven't mustered up the courage of going out running again. (Oh yeah, btw, I went running and had a horrible allergic reaction that sent me to the ER.. Nothing serious happened, I took antinflammatories + antihistamines and it all went away soon after, but it was really really miserable with angry redness head-to-toe, intense itching, and a lot of coughing and sneezing of which I'm still a little junky in my lungs because of that incident. The result? A pollen up here in NC that I'm apparently hating.. along with most of the people who live here. Solution is zyrtec everyday.) But I think I'll get to running again sometime in the next couple weeks. Maybe when I'm on night shift and a little more adjusted to it.

Night shift change over is definitely going to test my limits, and I'm anticipating for it via prepping dinners and lunches and breakfasts ahead of time so that literally all I have to do is work out, heat and eat, shower, and hit the books before I hit the hay.

I'm not cooking as much since I started working, which I really don't like lately.. Grocery shopping is such a pain here, and I have such a pitiful amount of storage space in my freezer it's impossible to stock up on the ingredients I am used to buying in bulk. It doesn't help frozen vegetables, my namesake at home, are more expensive up here for some reason and with fewer selections. Krogers and HEB were such bad ass grocery stores, not having them feels so naked still.