User Tag List

First 111920212223 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I have NOT done well for the last 2 weeks!
    But I did my full body workout this morning after fighting with my computer for a half hour to play the DVD.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I feel you @INTJMom I have, halfway through the month, only completed 6 work outs out of 16 days. not really the way to get it done. I'm still struggling with having an environment where no one around works out but me. It's a little embarrassing to complete work outs while my boyfriend just hangs out on the couch. Not so embarrassing that I won't do it.. but it's got that "I don't feel like driving to the gym" vibe.

So one way I'm going to fix that is I'm going to start running on the road more. It's a bit dangerous to run out here, but I'm going to do it after work.. I'll bring some clothes, change after I get off of shift, and run downtown since I'm already there and my car is there. I'll go home, do some strength training for 15-20 minutes and stretch out real good while dinner cooks in the oven. I think running is what I need right now.

I've also thought about joining the fitness facility here at the hospital and going after work to it 1-2 times a week because apparently they have physical therapists there and I might could use them for my rehab on my legs. I could also use the facility to do my youtube work outs since they'll have free wifi and more access to weight machines than I have here at the house. I could use the treadmills to run whenever it is too cold or raining too. Unfortunately they don't have a pool which would be ideal. Still on the chopping block. One thing at a time. Let's see if I keep up with working out after work in the first place.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes INTJMom liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Speaking of a pool, I did a little exercise in my daughter's pool on Monday and I've been sore for 3 days!!

I thought that if I post in here it may motivate me

I didn't exercise during one month so my plan isn't going very well, but... Now I run again. For now 2,5 miles in about 21 minutes, but I hope that my time will be better next week (19-20minutes). Then I'm going to try running 3 miles.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    I thought that if I post in here it may motivate me

I didn't exercise during one month so my plan isn't going very well, but... Now I run again. For now 2,5 miles in about 21 minutes, but I hope that my time will be better next week (19-20minutes). Then I'm going to try running 3 miles.
    Let us know how you do!

MBTI
    INTJ

Forgot to post yesterday.
    I did my full body workouts on Wed and Sun
    but I didn't do any of the 150 minutes per week that I need to start doing.
    Well, I got on the exercise bike for one minute.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/08/25...?referrer&_r=0

A pretty good article pertaining to water consumption and necessities. I've been particularly interested in this lately, as I noticed I seem to function best with about 4-5 cups of water plus 2-3 cups of something non sugary like milk or tea.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Kids started school this morning, so it's back to routine for me. Summer started strong but of course I lost all focus about halfway through, and then this past week on vacation I just threw moderation out the window. It was fun but I'm actually craving the structure of the school year now. Re-starting tracking today. Back to the gym on Wednesday.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I have a slow uphill in front of my house calling my name. I almost got to the farm last time. Today I think I'll try aiming for the farm road itself. It's 1.3 miles one way to get to the fire station. I'm working on running as much as I can, and walking/running the rest of the uphill, then walking back... at least until I can run the whole length, then I'll work on the way back. 2.6 miles will put me near my 3 mile resolution goal, so if I can make some real progress towards that I'll be pretty happy.

I cooked some jambalaya the other day to eat throughout the work week.. and I'm going to slow cook some apple-cinnamon-zucchini-carrot oatmeal to eat through the rest of the week for breakfast. Tonight I am going to be frying up some chicken nuggets because we haven't had that in quite some time served with a salad and some carrots.

MBTI
    INTJ

I did my 2 full body work-outs this week...except Wednesday I left out the abs because I was starving and it was late.
    I have to remember not to make appointments on Wednesday after work, so I can go straight home and exercise.
    I have been eating too many calories. :-P