User Tag List

First 123412 Last

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Okay, here's my shit for 2015.

-continue working on uprooting my food and body image issues, cement previous progress with repetition
    -continue tracking food and aiming for a small deficit under the calorie intake that I have established keeps me stable- without judgment/shame and with an eye on the overall, not on specific choices or days
    -increase activity by completing strength workouts 2-3x/week plus walking daily (joined Ingress to motivate myself to do the walking part of this)
    -love my damn self
    one way I solved some of my own body issues was by tailoring my workouts to my goals instead of self-image based on the mirror.

Every guy is programmed to want a killer chest and arms but really it is the back muscle group and the leg muscles group which a person needs most in our world. We need good postures, we need to sit at desks and stay up straight, and we need good mental clarity.

This is the cardio, pushup, pullup workout that many people think they can skip by benching and doing the standard "body builder lifts."

For men this is really bad. IT rips your shoulder joints up and destroys you over time...bench pressing itself is very bad for you. As a youngling I didn't notice it cause my body would repair the damage, but you start to break down.

A good rule of thumb is to go by your feeling. Do you feel more energy, do you strech and feel lose, or do you just go in the gym and the next day wreck yourself?

No pain no game is only best served in small doses...it should not be a cornerstone of a healthy way of life.

But yeah, body image is a big issue in our society cause of the pictures and stuff.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes INTJMom liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Grateful for Lentil Gravy

I started sharing things that motivate me in the previous year.. and nothing motivates me more for good food than a new recipe. One of my things is to include vegetables as much as I can in my meals. I'm a fan of substitution dieting.. taking something unhealthy and re-working it into something delicious. Lentils, spices, some wholesome fats, and a decent puree would make a great thick gravy.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I'd like to participate, but don't yet have a plan written up. Be back sometime in the next week.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

1) WATER - I realized that last year i was still not drinking enough water. So i bought a new water bottle thats cute and every else wants. Hah Be jealous!

2) SALAD - I stopped our little salad club at work cause the guy that did it with me moved. So i want to bring that back!

3) JUICING - I want to start juicing at least once a week. (Maybe once every two weekd, we will see how much work/reward it is) I know it always makes me feel great when im sick.

4) UPPERBODY!?? - I've been moving right along with exercising regularly. I definitely can feel the difference since last year. I want to get a pullup bar. The only challenge i'm coming across is how to gain all this muscle without loosing my boobs!
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12
    Likes kyuuei, INTJMom, LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    1) WATER - I realized that last year i was still not drinking enough water. So i bought a new water bottle thats cute and every else wants. Hah Be jealous!

2) SALAD - I stopped our little salad club at work cause the guy that did it with me moved. So i want to bring that back!

3) JUICING - I want to start juicing at least once a week. (Maybe once every two weekd, we will see how much work/reward it is) I know it always makes me feel great when im sick.

4) UPPERBODY!?? - I've been moving right along with exercising regularly. I definitely can feel the difference since last year. I want to get a pullup bar. The only challenge i'm coming across is how to gain all this muscle without loosing my boobs!
    If #4 makes you feel any better, weight loss doesn't necessarily coincide with muscle gain.. If you maintain your eating and calories and fat intake, you probably won't lose your boobs with pull ups.. but you WILL gain (some) muscle in your pecs, which could make them look even fuller and sit them up a bit more.

I have this gimmicky perfect pull up bar and I highly recommend something like it, it was only $20 at walmart here in Texas and I'm sure similarly online. You can swing it down if it gets too tough to do it.

Perfect Pullup Basic - Walmart.com

Alternatively, some rope on a pull up bar with a loop in it can help you give yourself assistance if you're struggling to start out. You can use your leg to push yourself up, and slowly stop using your leg as much. Same can be done with a chair, but I find that chairs can be pretty unstable sometimes and fall over.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    If #4 makes you feel any better, weight loss doesn't necessarily coincide with muscle gain.. If you maintain your eating and calories and fat intake, you probably won't lose your boobs with pull ups.. but you WILL gain (some) muscle in your pecs, which could make them look even fuller and sit them up a bit more.

I have this gimmicky perfect pull up bar and I highly recommend something like it, it was only $20 at walmart here in Texas and I'm sure similarly online. You can swing it down if it gets too tough to do it.

Perfect Pullup Basic - Walmart.com

Alternatively, some rope on a pull up bar with a loop in it can help you give yourself assistance if you're struggling to start out. You can use your leg to push yourself up, and slowly stop using your leg as much. Same can be done with a chair, but I find that chairs can be pretty unstable sometimes and fall over.
    Dude. Have i ever told u how much i love you! Thanks girl!
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Dude. Have i ever told u how much i love you! Thanks girl!
    No problem!

Yeah I learned the hard way that you cannot lose weight where you want it to lose anymore than you can prevent weight loss in other areas first. For women the breasts, hips, butt, and thighs tend to hold onto weight naturally (stomach area for men), so while overall consistent fat loss will eventually make you lose a bit of breast tissue... it will generally take a more dramatic transformation of your body to start seeing weight loss there, and it can easily be made up for in food.

When I was in basic training I lost a considerable amount of weight (145lbs to 119 in 5 months) and I lost breast tissue then.. But when I was in Iraq despite losing weight I stayed the same cup sizes because I was working on my pecs and lifting heavier weights regularly (like doing pull ups).

Really feeling into new year fitness after busting out a run this morning like Rocky in Siberia.

Already down 15 lbs last couple of weeks thanks to a bad case of gastritis and the flu. I would like to drop another 30 over the next 2 months.

Exercise: running/walking. Figuring out how to take care of my knees and see if I can get into a ultramarathon later in the year. With weights I'm just starting with a simple full body dumbbell workout 3 times a week. Also, I'm doing some physical therapy to help deal with my sciatica.

Diet: food, mostly plants, not too much. Also, limiting stimulants like caffeine, sugar, and alcohol.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Phew! 2 days late getting home, and I had to stay up late to finish off some paperwork I needed to turn in about 4 days ago. Hitting the ground running today though! Early wake up, a good cup and a half of water down, and a couple posts before I head out the door for some titers.

SugarScience.org | SugarScience This page is really awesome if you're looking for some sugar education to motivate you to track and reduce sugar consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Really feeling into new year fitness after busting out a run this morning like Rocky in Siberia.

Already down 15 lbs last couple of weeks thanks to a bad case of gastritis and the flu. I would like to drop another 30 over the next 2 months.

Exercise: running/walking. Figuring out how to take care of my knees and see if I can get into a ultramarathon later in the year. With weights I'm just starting with a simple full body dumbbell workout 3 times a week. Also, I'm doing some physical therapy to help deal with my sciatica.

Diet: food, mostly plants, not too much. Also, limiting stimulants like caffeine, sugar, and alcohol.
    I'm a bit worried about 30 pounds in 2 months... It's a lot of weight to drop so suddenly.. especially with other problems. :/ I'm sure I don't know yourself as well as you do, just sayin'.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Man. This weight is coming off SOOOOOOO slowly. I need to remain patient. I lost about 5lbs a month for the first half of last year, then stalled out, now it's moving again but VERY slowly. I have 50+ lbs to go, but better for it to take a long time and be sustainable than go fast and come right back, right? Somebody reassure me.