User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

@wolfy Hey it felt good for a minute though didn't it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I got one of those veggie noodle maker things a month or two ago, too, but I haven't tried it yet. I think because I'm not 100% sure what to do after I spiralize the veggies.
    Oh man! I've only done a few things so far.. pasta salad with small spiral-y noodles, making a prettier cucumber onion salad, spaghetti of course, and making cool curly things in salads. Still, it is pretty quick and fun to use. It gives a nice touch to things to make the homemade meal look cooler. And the noodles do work great in that spaghetti.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    @wolfy Hey it felt good for a minute though didn't it!!
    It was actually half a day, lol. Hahahaha.

MBTI
    INTJ

I just finished my Sunday morning exercise routine.
    I didn't do Wednesday's and I haven't been doing the ab crunches,
    though I did them this morning without pain in my groin.
    My only problem now is feeling secure that my flea problem is settled and it's ok to lie on the floor.

I got on the exercise bike a couple of times.
    Once I did 10 minutes on *2*.
    Yesterday I did 10 minutes on *2* then I did an additional 5 on *3*!
    I survived it; I think my knees are ok... so that's a good thing!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Ran through the woods on the 4th of July it was fun!

I feel a little more on track, I'm taking bite-sized nibbles out of getting my routine back. I've been doing a lot of self-hating and not-caring because of personal issues going on back at home, and it put a real damper on my motivation. Luckily, I have messed up hips and backs that remind me that I'm stupid and don't get a choice in maintaining my body, so that helped push me back into moving around.

I'm doing a 5 day challenge with Fitness Blender (I really like their work out routines), and my yoga days still. I still intend on completing my 30 day fitness challenge from betty rocker, but I think I'll use them as work-out-in-a-rush days instead.

I have been eating one meal a day that makes me feel good afterwards (adequate vegetable and protein content, good flavor, home cooked entirely, and not so heavy that I feel full and useless afterwards) and sometimes more than that, and now I'm starting to reign in on my snacking better. I started tracking my water intake again, and I think with this new place the easiest thing for me to do is to get a big 64oz glass, fill it up first thing in the morning, and carry it around with me--pouring some into my smaller water bottle when I go out of the house.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

Self-hate does the same thing to me.
    Why do we do that to ourselves.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm going to be out of town on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so I won't be able to do my usual routine.
    I just did only part of my Wednesday program.
    I should try to get in 10 minutes on the bike.

See ya next week!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ Have fun!!

I skipped working out and stretching two days in a row. I really need to break the habit of doing-everything-at-once, because the days I don't work out I'm also not stretching which is far far more mandatory for me.

Today was day 3 of the 5 day 1-hour-long work outs, it was a really good one. I was sweating like crazy. Ate something, let my body cool off, then I'm stretching for about 20 minutes. I'm gonna cool off on the yoga until I regain my flexibility again in my legs.. I really need to focus on that. I noticed my butterfly stretch today was not nearly as deep as I've been able to do in the past, which is worrisome for me.

Cooking for one is really hard!! I know I used to do it back in the day, but it's been a loooong time since I did that. And we get a lot of really nice, fresh, FREE food that just goes to waste in our fridge! I'm cooking and freezing some potato+onion+corn medley we got, and making freezer packages of some stuff, but maaaaan is it difficult watching good food go to waste. We only have a tiny freezer, so I can't preserve everything. @_@

Still enjoying lots of watermelon juice and banana ice cream. soon it's going to be too cold to eat ice cream for breakfast.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

So, I used to think my old house didn't really foster health and fitness--but it absolutely did. Home cooked meals with rotated cooks on the daily, opportunities to play and exercise, grocery stores that had endless cheap options, and the space and time to get shit done with people who wanted to work out with you.

Jeezus here it's like I'm on a teeny tiny island. I live with one person, and he doesn't give a flying fuck about working out for the sake of it alone (though he gets work outs in naturally with what he does for work) and eats garbage all the time and has literally snubbed his nose at homecooked food in exchange for a jamacian hot pocket. Fuuu...

On the bright side, I found a really awesome stretching routine on youtube that I super like. Not TOO long, hits a lot of major points. If I can find a few more like this one I'll be on the right track.

Anyways, on to numbers! 6/13 days this month so far I've worked out, 13/52 (4x a day) of my meals have been what I consider to be healthy, and I properly hydrated 2 days this month so far (using 6 8oz glasses of water + 2 glasses of another beverage and adding a glass of water if I drink alcohol or a super-sugary drink). The diary I'm using now is far simpler but more useful for me than myfitnesspal.

Not a really great track record, less than half of my days are work out days, 25% of my meals are healthy, and 15% of my days have adequate water intake.

I'm going to start improving the water intake (the easiest to improve) and the meal intake. I'm naturally getting more into a work out groove, and alternating 1 day of 1 hr stretching, 1 30 minute zone-specific work out + 30 minutes of stretching, and 1 day of 1 hr work out + 20-30 minutes of stretching is working pretty good for me. It's not perfect, but that groove is getting in there. My zones so far: Running, lifting, climbing, hoola-hooping, sports-style hand-eye coordination. I'm going to slowly incorporate these into my day-2 routines one at a time. Running was first and I am keeping up with that pretty well. Hoola-hooping is next since I have those materials as well. Then I'll get a big rope for practicing climbing and attach it to a tree.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Ohhh man I just made an amazing slaw.

1 head lettuce chopped up and wilted with salt/pepper
    2 packets sahale almond snacks (I used the yellow and green packets)
    4 sweet mini-bell peppers
    2 bell peppers
    1 stalk celery
    1 onion
    1 inch ginger
    1 tbsp horseradish
    1 tbsp sugar
    1/4 cup cilantro avocado yogurt ranch dressing
    1 tbsp of 21 seasoning salute + smoked paprika + valentina fruit seasoning
    1 tbsp rice wine vinegar

... Yup.

Likes INTJMom liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

More coleslaw from yesterday and I'm using the leftover corn-on-the-cob kernels, onions, potatoes, bell peppers, and pork sausage to make a decent little shepard's pie, so shepard's pie + coleslaw for lunch. I also used a sweet butternut squash and apple soup to make a pumpkin pie out of instant pumpkin pudding + the soup in some graham cracker crust.

Work next week means I'm going to make a whole week's worth of lunches in an assembly line and shove them in tupperwares ready to go.

I'm gonna go ahead and saaayy...
    Cereal + milk for breakfast
    1 piece of coconut pineapple bread for midday snack
    Sandwich, pickle, coleslaw, fruit (probably apples), and chocolate chips and pudding for 2 lunches and shepard's pie, bread and coleslaw with fruit and pie for 2 lunches with one day of grocery store sushi and seaweed salad with pie
    Bottle of water to refill at the training center, they have water fountains there, so pretty much just a lot of water during the day time

And for dinner I'll probably heat up frozen souffle's or a quick broccoli-soup that's frozen with veggies and a hard boiled egg on the side while I work out.. Light meals, quick and I don't need to deal with them while I'm working out.

My body's been changing a lot the past almost two months. I definitely gained a decent amount of weight, which I didn't really do the right way (i.e. I was definitely not building muscles), and I wanna say I'm probably at the 130-133 mark right now based on past experience. But I like the way I look. My work outs are telling me I'm still pretty weak, but I'm happy my legs look broader and my arms aren't so thin anymore. Building muscle is hard but I didn't even realize how few calories I ate when I was in nursing school. I mean.. I was STRUGGLING to make 1200-1500. Pretty crazy.. Here? Food is so easy to get and no fear of someone snatching it all up that I have no problem making 1800-2000 calories happen.