User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

For breakfast: Eggs and bacon tacos.
    Banana-only ice cream with strawberry rhubarb jelly swirled into it for lunch! Whoo! Turns out that a food processor makes banana ice cream a LOT faster and just as beautifully as a high speed blender. Sweet!
    Dinner I have yet to decide on yet.

I've been doing my work outs and yoga just fine lately, and running a decent amount too (though probably less than 1 mile total of running distance still.. only 1/3 of my goal by the end of the year) but my hips have had a lingering pain that has not gone away. I know rest isn't going to help it because it started DURING restful times. :/ So I think that July I will go get official at the new VA clinic and get them to help me figure out what's wrong.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

My life last week got taken over by a small infestation of fleas! So I didn't spend any time on the floor doing ab crunches. Was sleeping on the couch all week so I frankly forgot all about it... pure survival mode.

My daughter came over yesterday and helped me dismantle the new exercise bike to see why it wasn't working and sure enough, the man who assembled it for me tore open the power cable while screwing in one of the screws. There were 5 wires in the cable and one was completely broken through and another one was slightly broken. I cut out the bad part of the cable. My daughter helped me strip down a half inch of wire on all 10 ends. Then I twisted them back together, wrapped them with electrical tape then wrapped the whole thing with duct tape... and it's working!! It made me feel very powerful!

I didn't do my exercise program on Wed but I did do it this morning, despite a sinus headache.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    My life last week got taken over by a small infestation of fleas! So I didn't spend any time on the floor doing ab crunches. Was sleeping on the couch all week so I frankly forgot all about it... pure survival mode.

My daughter came over yesterday and helped me dismantle the new exercise bike to see why it wasn't working and sure enough, the man who assembled it for me tore open the power cable while screwing in one of the screws. There were 5 wires in the cable and one was completely broken through and another one was slightly broken. I cut out the bad part of the cable. My daughter helped me strip down a half inch of wire on all 10 ends. Then I twisted them back together, wrapped them with electrical tape then wrapped the whole thing with duct tape... and it's working!! It made me feel very powerful!

I didn't do my exercise program on Wed but I did do it this morning, despite a sinus headache.
    Always so satisfying to get something fixed! Glad your bike is fine now! It might be worth it to, later on, get some of that stuff that shrinks around the wire with a bit of heat. Those things don't wear out after a while like tape will.

As for me! I am two days behind on my challenges. I did go running/hiking/walking about 3 miles through fields and trees and shiggy (a slang word in hashing, apparently, for unpaved, non-trail areas that are full of brush, twigs, thorns, and general nature) and today I helped clean out a pool in our yard so it isn't like I did NOTHING.. but the weekend was really busy. Tomorrow and the next day I'll be doubling up my work outs (they're only 15 minutes each so I can take an hour break in between, and the yoga I can do for longer it helps me so 40 minutes of yoga isn't so bad at all) so that I can stay on pace. I'll use it as my afternoon break from studying.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Our fruit bowl is officially full of yummy goodness.

Apparently my community has a free garden gift exchange thing that goes on every Thursday. Which is pretty amazing! Free salad fixings. The farm down the road from us gave us all the lettuce we could ever dream of too so we just pluck it from the ground when we need it. And on that same Thursday they have a Welcome Table lunch so we can go in, try things people made out of their gardens, and eat with the community. It's pretty awesome.

Dinner last night was Pho, not too shabby in the health/unhealthy department. Breakfast was banana and biscoff, yogurt with a bit of vanilla bean curd, and a nice cold pickle. Lunch will be leftover pork tenderloin (they're $2 a piece right now at the local grocery store!!!) in leftover pho. Dinner is probably going to be leftovers + salad + fruit as well since we have a lot of leftovers from our week of super socializing.

I'm pretty sure if I wanted to I could eat for almost free 3-4 nights a week around here. Crazy stuff. Carrot soup came out well I'm freezing the rest and making a leek soup next. I really would like a bigger freezer space.

Last night we had no internet.. so no studying, no working out, no nothing! Today I'll be doing an endurance work out that'll last about an hour, and then do an hour of yoga, but I'm breaking it all up in segments between studying. Lots of that to do before Tuesday.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Yesterday we went to a s'mores party. The last time I got a tummy ache from eating too much candy, I was in basic training. They TOLD us not to eat too much candy.. and I didn't THINK it was too much.. but it was. And I had a miserable 4 hour 'pass'. Even when I was a kid during Halloween I was pretty careful not to give myself a tummy ache because I wanted to stay up all night and watch scary movies.

Yesterday I had a terrible achey belly from 5 s'mores. Looked like an episode of hoarders in my tummy last night. It still hurts this morning. Going to drink some fennel ginger tea and eat a salad and some spinach and hope it all goes away magically.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I finally tried my zucchini noodle maker today. Result? The thing is pretty damn cool! I dunno what it is with me buying gadgets and trying them a month later, but at least they've all been working out fine for me. Really cool little device. Made spaghetti with half zucchini noodles and half whole wheat noodles with some spicy sauce and frozen sausage-sauce I made the last time I came to visit here. (This is why I make too much and freeze it for later. Instant yummy later on.)

I made an AMAZING broccoli sauce the other evening too! On the menu:
    To drink: Ginger peach tea and juiced minty watermelon and milk
    For some breakfast: A batch of roasted apple pie oatmeal
    For some lunches: Almost entirely leftovers
    For some dinners: Broccoli-sauce tortellinis, Shepard's pie, eggs and bacon-pancakes with onion-cucumber salad, pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and veggies

A work out diary is really useful. I've been keeping one. I think I'm going to add my food that I eat to it too.

When I look back on my tracking for the month, I worked out 16 days out of 30. Half of those days were only 15 minute work out sessions with 15-30 minutes of yoga after. No wonder I've been sucking wind with everything--my work out sessions are brutally short. I really REALLY love my 15-minute 30-day challenges, but they won't cut it for my work out goals.. they're more keep my body moving helpers. So I might just have to start doing 45-minute sessions. Find a 30 minute session to correspond with my 30 day challenge work outs, and do the yoga after to make it 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours total. There's no getting around it all, I have to do this at least 3-4 times a week if I'm going to maintain my body strength. Anything else is just not enough for me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I got one of those veggie noodle maker things a month or two ago, too, but I haven't tried it yet. I think because I'm not 100% sure what to do after I spiralize the veggies.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ

Checking in...
    Didn't exercise on Wednesday because I forget why. I think I got home very late.
    I did use my exercise bike for 10 minutes and before anyone scoffs, let me tell you, the 10 minutes was TOUGH!
    I expect that eventually I will increase my endurance and strength as I continue.
    I fully intended to exercise this morning, but I had a new flea bite this morning, so I spent 2 hours moving furniture, wiping down furniture, vacuuming furniture and the floors and spraying with flea killer.
    I say that counts as a replacement.
    I have not been doing ab crunches because I forgot. I'm not allowing my cat into my bedroom anymore, so my floor is probably safe. Oh wait... I remember now... I hurt myself last weekend with all that heavy lifting, down in my groin, and it hurt when I did abs, so I stopped to give it time to heal.

I love you guys. Hang in there. Keep up the good work.

I did a lot of training this week. I work in the gym and gave six lessons, two more than normal this week. Body Pump, it is weights to music. About 800 to 1000 reps in one hour so you burn a few calories. I am also getting ready for a powerlifting competition ao am doing some heavy lifting as well.

I thought I had put on some serious size on my upper body the other day, but I had put on my wifes shirt.
    Likes INTJMom liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    ... I thought I had put on some serious size on my upper body the other day, but I had put on my wifes shirt.