User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Yeah, I'm in a pretty good routine. I've been weight stable for several weeks now, ready for that to start going down again any old time.
    Likes INTJMom liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Well, I haven't been exercising all day every day, but I have been fairly active. I've been writing a few notes on the whiteboard when I do stuff.
    2nd - Moonlight hash run
    5th - P90X3 upper eccentric and ab ripper x
    6th - Shiggy hash (hiking mostly through the woods for about an hour and a half)
    8th - Cardio X, Yoga day 1, and some simple hip stretches
    10th (today!) - Walk/sprint for about a mile, Yoga day 2

I've been cooking some pretty mean healthy soups, and eating relatively good after I finished moving/driving up here to NC.

It's very weird going from a well stocked everything-I-could-ever-want kitchen to one that's barely functioning food-in-stock wise. I have to really buckle down and figure out what I want out of meals and what I need to prep and prepare.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've never heard of hash running, but that looks fun as hell!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Any fatties there?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm a huge fan of Breville products. I think they make high quality stuff at an affordable price for people who want to cook like chefs occasionally but just need stuff to work the rest of the time. One of my absolute STEALS from a thrift shop in Austin was a Breville Juicer. (I recently bought one and regrettably returned it when a financial crisis conveniently reared its head the very next day, but the one day I played with it I was very impressed. Talk about a way to use up some sad-looking-but-still-technically-edible plant foods.) The juicer I originally bought was $150 brand new. I got a compact version of the same thing for $12.59 that didn't have the stupid little cup that catches the juice with it. It's smaller and fits better into a cabinet (its still a monster haha) and a solo plastic cup is the perfect size for the replacement cup.

Anyways, long story short (too late!) I finally busted it out. And despite my "oh shit I bought this months ago what if it doesn't work right..." worries, it worked BEAUTIFULLY. So right now chilling in the fridge is watermelon juice to go with dinner, along with some mint tea ice cubes currently freezing in the freezer to go with the juice.
    Tonight is salad (we have a TON of greens to use up!) and leftover chicken soup, and a freezer/fridge clean out after that.
    I'm pickling some carrots to make some pickled carrot snack sushi in the near future.
    Lasagna, spaghetti, hamburgers, sloppy joes, broccoli tots, asian rice bowls with sushi, and ploughman's platter with ceviche are on the menus. Lunches are pretty much going to stay sandwiches or crackers with chicken/tuna, hummus, or peanut butter jelly. Breakfasts are switching to oats for... a looong while. Hahaha! I have too many!

Yesterday I ran/walked, but not very far.. I was pretty disappointed with how far away I am from 3 miles with it being halfway through the year. My hip pain won't subside, so I'm just working through it now. Today is P90X3 lower body, ab ripper (because my legs won't be punished enough) and yoga day 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I've never heard of hash running, but that looks fun as hell!.... Any fatties there?
    It's a drinking group with a running problem. Of course there are! And you have fake-fatties like me, who look in shape but couldn't put a mile out if a really slow bear was threatening to maul my face off. Actually, I don't look hardly like the shape I used to be in.. I'm sitting here looking down at the tummy-that-followed-me-to-Texas and meal planning as we speak .. er.. I write.. haha.

It is a really fun way to run with a group. It's particularly popular here in NC too, so I have no doubts you have a hash house near you... But a word of warning: This can be a particularly vulgar group. Not in the "omg I touch people inappropriately" sort of way, but more in a bro-mance thick-skin way. I'm not quite as vulgar and openly brazen as the people in my group (I have an innate distrust of my more vulgar humor being around other women), but they're very kind and great people nonetheless and they did such a fantastic job giving me a social outlet in a strange new town. (I also don't drink beer, which no one really minds considering they get more beer to themselves.) Otherwise, if you're okay with some outlandish songs and some toilet humor along the way, the whole thing is really fun!! If you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods you can walk/run a trail with me. This mountain air gives me like a fraction of the O2 I'm used to

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    I haven't posted in a while

Been doing decent on exercise

But that's really about it.

Anytime my routine is screwed up, everything goes...
    The same thing happens to me.
    I went on a 4 day vacation and it took me 3 weeks to get back into my routine.

...I've been working on embracing my body type and owning it, instead of trying to change it. I already feel a lot better about my body image than i used to. Still have a ways to go though.
    THAT is some IMPORTANT emotional work, right there!
    Good for you!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

My lunches have been teeny tiny lately because I just haven't been as hungry with the cooler weather and the less activity overall. My favorite lately: Biscoff cookie spread, some whipped cream, and banana.

Just got some ingredients for quite a few meals for us. It's been interesting trying to divide everything up into proper meals for.. only 2. hahaha sometimes 1!

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    THAT is some IMPORTANT emotional work, right there!
    Good for you!
    Ditto! Great job there!!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Tried cooking skinnytaste's broccoli and cheese tater tots and OMG were they good! I got the recipe a little bit wrong I think because the mixture was very moist (I also put the broccoli a biiit too long in the food processor.. maybe I should have sticked to hand choppin' them) so the cook time was nearly 40 minutes per plate vs 18 minutes, but even so they still were absolutely incredible! Tons and tons of flavor no-guilt-actually-makes-you-full side dish.

My girl Betty Rocker started another challenge video set, and I'm going to take her up on her offer as I always do.
    So my work out routine for the next 30 days: Betty Rocker and Yoga, Le Tour De Hash and weight lifting this upcoming week, and P90X resuming afterwards.

The farm next to us offered us all the lettuce we could possibly eat, so we're going on a salad kick this week too. Getting some accessories for the salad today. Yay almost free salad! I'm making a pretty big batch of oatmeal tonight as well for breakfast because I need to get on a better eating routine here. My boyfriend is the WORST at eating routines. Today it was a banana with cream for breakfast, a healthy protein/veggie sandwich for lunch, yogurt for a snack, and leftover cooked sliders and tots and salad for dinner.

I'm going to get some chocolate milk and use it for a recovery drink as well. Coconut water is great, but it's just not doing it for me right now. I need some bulk!

Red pepper flakes in maple syrup heated up is also amazing, as a side note for anyone.

MBTI
    INTJ

I did my Wednesday and Sunday exercise routine.
    Not so faithful with the situps because I was late for work every day this week.
    I got a very nice NordicTrack SL760 at a yard sale for $50!
    It's a very sturdy machine with a bunch of bells and whistles... just what I wanted.
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Working out this morning instead of the evening because there's a run this evening that I want to be in quasi-shape for. Day 2 of Le Tour De Hash! So Betty Rocker, some upper body/arms weight lifting, and yoga.

Creamed spinach, bacon, and scrambled eggs tacos and whipped cream dessert banana for brunch then work out then all the studying I can possibly handle until I go running. Dinner will be pork sausage asian bowls with cauliflower rice, soba noodles, and stir fry veggies.